+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: 8/4 show discussion **WEST COAST SPOILERS**

Re: 8/4 show discussion **WEST COAST SPOILERS**

now this is JMO and its not the first season I have thought this..but i think if a person wins a challenge and gets immunity...then they should have the following week off...let PR treat them to a spa day or something when the others are sewing give them a special treat for winning

I went to Tim's twitter and told him my feelings on spending 4500.00 on pet items and how much good that could have done for animals and I know Tim is really big into animal rights and hopefully he will say something so a donation can be made to several no kill shelters to help them out
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    Was in NYC last weekend & saw Parsons but couldn't find Mood Shopped at the Mother Ship of Fashion Macy's & bought absolutely nothing. Michael Kors is my fashion god but his pre-fall collection was fugly. It was mostly this funky kelly green with brown.
    FORTers: Always check this thread before coming to NYC: http://www.fansofrealitytv.com/forum...s-project.html

mom2 and Shoepie like this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FORT Fogey

If I were Bert, I'd be even more worried that the judges would remember how he squandered his immunity should he land in the bottom three. Better to have one win and at least one valiant attempt, as opposed to one win and a cop out. I'm not willing to write him off for one bad week, however. Maybe there was something else going on that was irking him as well. If he continues with the attitude, however, I think he deserves what he gets.

The Oliver/Olivier thing is confusing to me, because with everyone pronouncing it Oliver, I wasn't sure if, by chance, they were simply spelling it wrong on the screen. If he's admitted to his accent being an affectation, that confuses me even more. Why would he want to admit to faking an accent? Why would he want to go to the effort to fake an accent? I mean, yeah, it made me notice him, but it didn't make me like/dislike him. It was just there. Doesn't seem worth it.

I thought Olivier's outfit looked rather like something from a B movie about cavemen. And yeah, there aren't many women who could carry that color well.

I also thought Bryce's outfit was the worst. I liked that shade of blue, but other than that, it looked like a bad DWTS dress. I think the only reason he didn't go home is they thought his materials were less "conventional." Honestly, I'm kinda over the "unconventional" materials challenges. I'd rather see what they can do with real material of their own choice, since that's what designers actually do. Give them a theme or concept to work with instead and let them show their creativity that way.

Anya's blouse was okay, but I thought the basic shape of it was a lot like her last top, and I'd like to see a little more variety. Also, the fact that she didn't have to sew much in this challenge might actually have been an advantage for her.

Oh, yeah, and I felt so sorry for that model who had to lie there while the birdseed dress was hot glued together while she was wearing it. You can burn yourself rather badly with hot glue if you're not careful, and her designer had to rush, given the circumstances. I guess she got through it okay, but still. She was a real trouper to go through with it.

That reminds me. We never saw a model selection after the first challenge. Did everyone just decide to stick with their original model, so they didn't show it or are they not allowed to switch anymore?
    Shoepie likes this.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    now this is JMO and its not the first season I have thought this..but i think if a person wins a challenge and gets immunity...then they should have the following week off...let PR treat them to a spa day or something when the others are sewing give them a special treat for winning

I went to Tim's twitter and told him my feelings on spending 4500.00 on pet items and how much good that could have done for animals and I know Tim is really big into animal rights and hopefully he will say something so a donation can be made to several no kill shelters to help them out

At the very least, they could have scooped up the dog food that was most likely wasted when Julie made her coat/dress from the paper sacks it originally came in.
    Allie likes this.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    If I were Bert, I'd be even more worried that the judges would remember how he squandered his immunity should he land in the bottom three. Better to have one win and at least one valiant attempt, as opposed to one win and a cop out. I'm not willing to write him off for one bad week, however. Maybe there was something else going on that was irking him as well. If he continues with the attitude, however, I think he deserves what he gets.
    Great point about the bottom 3.

The Oliver/Olivier thing is confusing to me, because with everyone pronouncing it Oliver, I wasn't sure if, by chance, they were simply spelling it wrong on the screen. If he's admitted to his accent being an affectation, that confuses me even more. Why would he want to admit to faking an accent? Why would he want to go to the effort to fake an accent? I mean, yeah, it made me notice him, but it didn't make me like/dislike him. It was just there. Doesn't seem worth it.
    I could be wrong about him faking it. I can't remember where I read that. However, it would make sense. My British husband has lived here in the States now for four years, and he sounds like he did the day he left England. I just don't see how you could pick up another country's accent unless you moved there when you were young. Also, since Olivier was a teenager when he went there, and most teens are looking for an identity, maybe he adopted it because he thought it would make him sound cool and more sophisticated.

I thought Olivier's outfit looked rather like something from a B movie about cavemen. And yeah, there aren't many women who could carry that color well.

I also thought Bryce's outfit was the worst. I liked that shade of blue, but other than that, it looked like a bad DWTS dress. I think the only reason he didn't go home is they thought his materials were less "conventional." Honestly, I'm kinda over the "unconventional" materials challenges. I'd rather see what they can do with real material of their own choice, since that's what designers actually do. Give them a theme or concept to work with instead and let them show their creativity that way.

Oh, yeah, and I felt so sorry for that model who had to lie there while the birdseed dress was hot glued together while she was wearing it. You can burn yourself rather badly with hot glue if you're not careful, and her designer had to rush, given the circumstances. I guess she got through it okay, but still. She was a real trouper to go through with it.
    I had forgotten about that. Can a model refuse to wear a dress? Like that one dress with the cone. If the designer hadn't fixed it, and it still showed the model's rear end, could she have said no way I'm not wearing that?

That reminds me. We never saw a model selection after the first challenge. Did everyone just decide to stick with their original model, so they didn't show it or are they not allowed to switch anymore?
    Yes, once again I would love to know what some of them think, especially Burt's.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post

Good for you. Maybe that will spur a donation! I missed this episode and it doesn't sound like one I need to catch on rerun or on the computer.

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post

I had forgotten about that. Can a model refuse to wear a dress? Like that one dress with the cone. If the designer hadn't fixed it, and it still showed the model's rear end, could she have said no way I'm not wearing that?
    I think that they can refuse to wear an outfit; however, it would disqualify them from the competition and the replacement would be eligible for the prize.

Fortunately, the designers usually know that something will not work for a model and fix it. I think one of the rare exceptions have been the infamous candy bikini then Epperson's (?) washer bikini which was horrid and I think he punished HER for his choices and didn't choose her. (I mean, I'm a girl and I knew washers the size he was getting are about $2 or so).

I think it depends on the person...when I travel, I tend to start picking up the accent after about 2 weeks. It's not as strong as someone who's lived there (wherever "there" is) for years, but it's there.

PS Good news is that most of my trips are less than a week long ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini View Post
    I think it depends on the person...when I travel, I tend to start picking up the accent after about 2 weeks. It's not as strong as someone who's lived there (wherever "there" is) for years, but it's there.

PS Good news is that most of my trips are less than a week long ;-)
    That's exactly what I was going to write. I grew up in Ohio and lived there most of my life. I went to college in Iowa for 9 months. I had some of the long drawn out O's by the time I came home. I didn't even know I was doing that. Now I've lived in Missouri for 15 years and I've people tell me in my 'home' town that they can tell I'm not from there. I pick up accents so quickly and not on purpose. I went to Costa Rica for a week this summer on vacation. I almost started picking up their accents. Another week and I would have for sure. It reminds me of the Friends episode where Monica and Phoebe are complaining about their friend that went to England and came back with what they called the fake accent. I know that would be me.

All that to say that Olivier's accent may or may not be affected. I certainly believe it could be real. If he tries harder to do it, that's a bit odd, but just picking it up naturally I certainly understand.

I liked the birdseed dress better than the winning one, just because it wasn't fabric at all. I also oddly liked the floral dress with the crazy colors.
    NFL1 likes this.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by justCoz View Post
    That's exactly what I was going to write. I grew up in Ohio and lived there most of my life. I went to college in Iowa for 9 months. I had some of the long drawn out O's by the time I came home. I didn't even know I was doing that. Now I've lived in Missouri for 15 years and I've people tell me in my 'home' town that they can tell I'm not from there. I pick up accents so quickly and not on purpose. I went to Costa Rica for a week this summer on vacation. I almost started picking up their accents. Another week and I would have for sure. It reminds me of the Friends episode where Monica and Phoebe are complaining about their friend that went to England and came back with what they called the fake accent. I know that would be me.

All that to say that Olivier's accent may or may not be affected. I certainly believe it could be real. If he tries harder to do it, that's a bit odd, but just picking it up naturally I certainly understand.

I liked the birdseed dress better than the winning one, just because it wasn't fabric at all. I also oddly liked the floral dress with the crazy colors.
    My ear and tongue also seem to pick up on accents (2 days in New York, and you'd have thought I was from Brooklyn). I once heard Tony Bennett give an interview after he'd spent a couple of months in Great Britain, and even he was speaking with an accent. But what I can't understand about Olivier's accent is that it seems to change so much. Sometimes it's very British, sometimes it almost sounds Italian (I know he spent time there), and sometimes he mumbles so much I don't know what it sounds like. That's why I think it's an affectation. Oriental - blond - unique . . . it fits his persona.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast