+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: 7/28 Premiere Show & Casting Special - **Spoilers**

7/28 Premiere Show & Casting Special - **Spoilers**

Season 9! 20 designers! (Twenty???)

First hour is a casting special (8PM), then the 90-minute Premiere at 9.

Please keep all discussion in here until 10:30pm PT / 1:30AM ET.

Enjoy the show!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Re: 7/28 Premiere Show & Casting Special - **Spoilers**

mmmmm..interesting to see Tim doing some judging now..wonder if that has anything to do with the flack from last season's disaster ...
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

So the beginning of the premiere is like the semi-finals to whittle it down to 16...

David Crum, Gunnar Deatherage, Amanda Perna and Serena da Conceicao are out before they even see Parsons.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    So the beginning of the premiere is like the semi-finals to whittle it down to 16...

David Crum, Gunnar Deatherage, Amanda Perna and Serena da Conceicao are out before they even see Parsons.
    should have kept Serena instead of the last woman JMO..also the girl that has only 4 months sewing should have never even made it past the initial judging....and its already proving to be true..she sews like me...lmao...she CAN'T or so far it doesn't appear she can't....she may surprise us all

and as much as I love me some Tim Gunn you dare come walking into my room at 5 in the morning and tossing on the lights looking all dapper and chipper and wouldn't let me put on a bra I would have had to pick something up and throw it at him...lol

omg please tell me we won't have to listen to Barbie for too long she is already on my last nerve

makes me sick to listen to her say can't stand people whinning about no food etc..I just go to mommy and daddy...you know little girl its comments like that one that come back to BITE YOU IN THE BACKSIDE...its called KARMA
    Last edited by ButterflyFaery; 07-28-2011 at 10:53 PM.

well guess I am the only one watching tonight..lol

I really hope Julie gets another chance..that outfit tonight was horrible but I loved the things she showed on her rack while trying out...all the prints and colors and thats what I like

I also like Burt...we just need to hair and makeup wise get him out of 1985 and into 2011

and I will eat my words about the girl who had only 4 months of learning to sew ....she sure shut me up quick..must be a natural talent and she did a great job have to give her that

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    well guess I am the only one watching tonight..lol

I really hope Julie gets another chance..that outfit tonight was horrible but I loved the things she showed on her rack while trying out...all the prints and colors and thats what I like

I also like Burt...we just need to hair and makeup wise get him out of 1985 and into 2011

and I will eat my words about the girl who had only 4 months of learning to sew ....she sure shut me up quick..must be a natural talent and she did a great job have to give her that
    It starts here in 30 minutes. I'm looking forward to the whole shebang!!!

I must say I hated every pair of pants I saw on the runway tonight. None of them fit well. I was amazed at how many awful outfits were on the runway. Simply horrid. Lov'd that Burt won.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I must say I hated every pair of pants I saw on the runway tonight. None of them fit well. I was amazed at how many awful outfits were on the runway. Simply horrid. Lov'd that Burt won.
    I did too..I was soooooo happy for him....but he does need to gets some mags and get some updates on hair and makeup...lol...bless his heart he is still in 1985..which doesn't bother me...I miss the my big hair...lol

but I do love the off the shoulder from the 80's seems to be back

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    mmmmm..interesting to see Tim doing some judging now..wonder if that has anything to do with the flack from last season's disaster ...
    Seeing Gretchen's designs down the runway again with the airing of the previous season today, I would say so. While she did have a couple of nice outfits, her final runway paled in comparison to Mondo's IMHO. Only her jewelry was interesting, but it's a clothing contest.

Anyway, I digress.

I loved the idea of working with a single bedsheet and pajamas for a designer outfit. Bert had an outstanding outfit, as did the woman with little sewing experience.

The bottom three were very deserving. I felt the one who did the hoodie that the hoodie was poorly made. I looked just cut and then barely shaped (i.e. the edges didn't look sewn). As far as the tank... even I know you do SIDE inserts to enlarge a shirt, and you can restyle it to look cute. That said, the other fellow with the bad pants and leopard print bibb did worse - it looked like he just darted the sweats to be tight. The "bibb necklace" could've been much better designed. Had he paid attention to it, he could've cut it and then woven it to be a nice necklace.

The one with the pink pants turned into the top - I agreed with Christina Ricci (who BTW, I thought looked lovely tonight). The top would work and be popular with younger folks, then darken a bit and it'd fit younger adults. The pants were bad - they looked like pajamas. The elastic done the way it was in the pants normally would be a death knell, but the other two outfits were much worse.

Frankly, I felt the bottom two were worse than Casanova's first outfit last season.

The season looks to be a doozy... but I have to say the jealousy/fight angle this year looks a bit odd. And a couple of those outfits... Um... I think we're going to see a fuller moon than the one we saw in one of Casanova's dresses.

(OK, I admit I loved Casanova's personality and some of his outfits - I particularly loved the outfit he was eliminated on, but it is rather interesting in spite of that these designers are reflecting some of his style mistakes from last season).

I loved that Burt won. I am so glad that he redeemed himself with his outfit because I started rooting for him from the beginning. It is too soon to say who I want to win though. The girl from Trinidad who says she doesn't know how to sew did a good job. I am not totally sure I buy her story. While I know some people have natural talent, part of me thinks perhaps she is making it up so everyone will underestimate her or something.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast