+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: 7/28 Premiere Show & Casting Special - **Spoilers**

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Re: 7/28 Premiere Show & Casting Special - **Spoilers**

I'm late getting here this week. Kind of surprised nobody has posted pictures of this week's designs yet. I posted some on another board recently so I can post them here, too.

Fashions from episode 1:

Anthony, Anya, Becky, Bert

Bryce, Cecilia, Danielle, Fallene

Joshua C., Joshua M., Julie, Kimberly

Laura, Olivier, Rafael, Viktor

I know Ms. Trinidad is getting flack for her pants...but...do ANY of these people know how to make pants? They are all ill-fitting. I call producer meddling. Didn't one of the contestants say that when his model showed up, her measurements were wrong? Looking at the fit of all these models, I'd say that they were all off. I don't believe that almost all of them couldn't properly fit the clothing.

Looking them over, Bert's is the best. No contest, not even close.

The second is Viktor but by a huge margin. The others aren't even worth mentioning. I see bad design, bad taste, bad fit, bad styling. Blergh, I'm hoping they step it up in the next challenge.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

This is a season where I would love to see the Models of the Runway show. They are pulling out some fairly big guns for this season. Most of these models are well known on the runways and aren't "green". You can tell from their walks.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000 View Post
    I know Ms. Trinidad is getting flack for her pants...but...do ANY of these people know how to make pants? They are all ill-fitting. I call producer meddling. Didn't one of the contestants say that when his model showed up, her measurements were wrong? Looking at the fit of all these models, I'd say that they were all off. I don't believe that almost all of them couldn't properly fit the clothing.
    That's been kind of nagging me. I mean, there's usually one contestant each season who's not good at doing pants. But to have everybody who sewed pants screw up? That just didn't feel right.

Looking them over, Bert's is the best. No contest, not even close.

The second is Viktor but by a huge margin. The others aren't even worth mentioning. I see bad design, bad taste, bad fit, bad styling. Blergh, I'm hoping they step it up in the next challenge.
    I liked Viktor better, but that's just me.

This is a season where I would love to see the Models of the Runway show. They are pulling out some fairly big guns for this season. Most of these models are well known on the runways and aren't "green". You can tell from their walks.
    Totally agree. I loved it when they revealed how they really felt about certain designers, so it would have been interesting to hear how the models for Rafael and Joshua C. felt. Not to mention all the baggy-pants models.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Looking at the stills, Anya's pants look the worse of anything from the front. Where did she put the crotch anyway? Rafael's pants are leggings really. NOT pants. He should have done a short shirt dress and used the bandana as a belt.

I think ALL the pants in this episode stink. (thanks, pikachu, for posting the pix...it helps a lot rather than jumping from one browser page to another.)
    Personally, I think Viktor's is by far the best fit, best style and looks the most professional. Then I like Bert's, although I think his was the most fashion-forward and Vikto's was more classic. I'm just very impressed with how well that black and white dress appears.
    AZChristian likes this.

FORT Fogey

I like both Bert's and Viktor's, but I see Viktor's as being more marketable to a larger number of women--plus, the black inserts at the side would make a woman's waist look smaller, which is generally desirable. Obviously, both looks would look better on a thinner woman, but I think Viktor's design might be a bit more forgiving.

I really think Viktor should have been in the top three over the Anya's oddly fitted (at least in the front) pants and that horrible top and skirt.
    AZChristian likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    I like both Bert's and Viktor's, but I see Viktor's as being more marketable to a larger number of women--plus, the black inserts at the side would make a woman's waist look smaller, which is generally desirable. Obviously, both looks would look better on a thinner woman, but I think Viktor's design might be a bit more forgiving.
    Well said. Yes, I loved Burt's design. However, as an ordinary woman I'd buy Viktor's dress in a heartbeat. That's something I'd definitely wear.

I really think Viktor should have been in the top three over the Anya's oddly fitted (at least in the front) pants and that horrible top and skirt.
    Amen and amen. He wuz robbed.

That reminds me. Who was that girl who, when she got backstage got angry because she had "only" been in the middle and not the Top 3? Whoo boy. She's one to watch. Although she was angry at herself, people who are that driven usually start taking it out on others.
    Last edited by Babbred; 08-04-2011 at 04:07 PM.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

To be succinct - Anya's pants in the front have the crotch riding lower than Jamie's.

Kimberly's top looks like someone just threw a towel over her shoulders - hated it on the runway out of all of them, even over the eliminated one.

Rafael would've stayed over Joshua had he a. done the pants in another color but grey and b. had a longer shirt to cover at least part of the hips. Joshua C's just looks like she had to put on something from a clothing rack already made and cut up a sweatshirt to create a hoodie.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Posting my critique late. I had posted it at another forum but no one else showed up to discuss the show so I'll guess I'll be discussing PR here at the FORT.

My critiques...

Anthony:
    Compared to some of the other contestants, I thought he did pretty well but I wasn't bowled over by his look, either. I could go into any K-mart, Walmart, etc and find a similar outfit. I didn't like the lacing on the one shoulder and especially didn't like it on the skirt. The skirt reminded me of loin coverings worn by Native American tribes.

Anya:
    Her outfit wouldn't be for every woman, with the belly button showing, but it's very nice. She did really great with the sewing considering she hasn't been doing it long and usually has assistance.

Becky:
    It was a nice dress but I could have done without the stripe down the middle. She looks like someone on a cartoon who got run down by a bike or motorcycle and got back up with a muddy tireprint on them.

Bert:
    His outfit was by far my favorite. I didn't even notice the styling that Michael Kors had such a fit about because my eye was focused on the dress.

Bryce:
    I think I know where he was going with making the sleeves so big and poufy but he overdid it. The model looks like a little girl playing dressup, wearing her father's large shirt under her dress.

Cecilia:
    I hate the skirt on this. I'm not a fan of bubble skirts anyway and this one looks like a bunched up regular skirt more than a bubble skirt.

Danielle:
    I'm not a fan of this look. The model looks like the farmer's daughter heading out to do her chores. I hope she changes outfits before going out for her date later with the rancher's son.

Fallene:
    I think she should have put the puking clown on the bag so that if this were an outfit in real life, the model could choose to bring it or not. That cartoony and inappropriate detail would limit where you could wear this. Would you really want to wear a dress to an event where the cartoon would be acceptable?

Joshua C.:
    Hey there, little sporty riding hood...You sure are looking good...You're everything a track meet coach could want...owwwwoooo!
    I didn't care for this ensemble. She looks like someone waiting to rob people at the ATM.

Joshua M.:
    One of the better designs this week.

Julie:
    I didn't mind the top a much as the judges did. I just didn't think it went with the pants.

Kimberly:
    This poor model had a giant butterfly land on her chest and die. I guess it's a good thing it did, though, or she would be topless. The pants and top don't go together. It's as though the model had trouble getting her dress on so she left it draped over her top and threw on some sweatpants.

Laura:
    The shape of the outfit is fine but the bad dye job makes it look soiled.

Olivier:
    The outfit is ok but not spectacular. Don't like the mullet the model is sporting. It dates the entire look. Did she get lost on her way back from Melrose Place?

Rafael:
    I'm not at all surprised Rafael was sent home. I could tell the pants were atrocious and too tight on the mannequin! I don't like any part of this outfit.

Viktor:
    This reminds me of a housedress from about the 1960's. It's ok but it needs something, like better accessories or a shorter hemline, to make it look more modern.

General comments about the episode:

I had some confusion about who they were making the outfit for so when Bert started making a dress I was like huh???? I thought they were redesigning their outfit for themselves to wear. Once I found out they had models, I thought it was gross that the models had to wear what the designers slept in. I hope they at least gave them time to wash the garments before cutting them up.

I didn't get Tim's insistence on Rafael using his headscarf. I thought the designers could use whatever they wanted from their outfit in addition to the sheet. Frankly, I didn't think his scarf was all that and I would have let it out of the design, too.

I'm worried about this group of designers after the first episode. I didn't see all that great results but hopefully they'll do better once they're back in the studio using real materials.

Most promising designers so far: Bert, Anya, Bryce

Probably next to go: Cecilia, Joshua C., Julie

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast