+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Project Runway season 9 (premieres July 28th) - News & Speculation

Re: Project Runway season 9 (premieres July 28th) - News & Speculation

I have at least a couple of hopes for this season:

1. That they do less partner contests. I don't mind the occasional ones, but last year I felt a couple were trying - though subtly, to ruin another designer's work.

2. That the judges really look at talent for the year and not worry about repeating a design range from a previous season. Gretchen should NEVER have won her season - Mondo had the better designs overall and was never in the bottom two (he almost was in the bottom three but I don't think he was). A sub part to this is to NOT decide a winner on the accessories, which I maintain is the only reason Gretchen won.

My week from H$LL has gotten to whole lot better. I didn't even know PR was coming back this soon...doing the happy dance!
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

I can't wait to watch tomorrow!! I'm hoping for no Gretchens or Ivys this season!!

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    I can't wait to watch tomorrow!! I'm hoping for no Gretchens or Ivys this season!!
    I think we're going to have one of every type of designer they've ever had -- they are starting out with 20 (TWENTY) designers this season! I don't even know how I'm going to get people's names down until the season is half over!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    My week from H$LL has gotten to whole lot better. I didn't even know PR was coming back this soon...doing the happy dance!
    I hear you! I didn't even know the show was back until I saw the cover of my TV Guide. Kudos to the mods for getting this forum rebooted in plenty of time for us to talk about it!

I almost, almost gave up on this show after last season. Watching Poison Ivy and Wretched Gretchen just made me sick. And there was no way on the Lord's green earth that Gretchen should have won over Mondo. One of the most egregious results I've seen on a reality show. I agree that they probably picked her for the accessories, but hello, this is supposed to be about the fashions!

Ok, deep breath...rant over...

It's a new season. I still love the fashions and the glamor and...aw heck, what would I do if I couldn't get me some Tim Gunn? So I'll give it another chance.

All-Stars. Let's see...Mondo, Michael C, Austin Scarlet, Santino...speaking of which, I loved their show last year, and I was so bummed that it didn't get renewed. Is it available on DVD?

That reminds me. What's this about an audition show? My TV guide says that the show starts tomorrow night, but it doesn't say anything about auditions. Have they taken that off?
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Thank you, MFWalkoff, for posting the contestant threads!

Which one is the wacky one they're showing on the commercials??
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Looks like the episodes will all be 90 minutes long.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Looks like the episodes will all be 90 minutes long.
    In other words, I should record it. Because no way will my boys let me watch a show that goes halfway thru Suits!

I couldn't be more excited than to see that PR is back. Hopefully, it will be w/o the petty meaness of Gretchen and Ivy. I don't want PR to become another Housewife show that's devolved into bitter fighting. So I was delighted to see it's back tomorrow.
    And although this may be off topic and I apologize if it is, I hated the article quoted here:
    The former model will bare all to promote both the fashion competition show's ninth season and Lifetime's sexier image.

9:50 PM 6/2/2011
    by Lacey Rose

One-time supermodel Heidi Klum is stripping down to promote Lifetime's Project Runway.

While she has yet to sign off on a final image from a shoot held earlier this week, the show's host opted to bare all as part of the network's promotional campaign for the fashion competition series' ninth season, which will kick off this summer.

The decision, which Lifetime president and general manager Nancy Dubuc made public during a broad-ranging discussion at Real Screen's Factual Entertainment Forum on Thursday, was inspired by the cable network's push -- and for that matter, need -- to embrace the contemporary woman.

Though Dubuc believes women have changed more in the last 15 years than any other time in history, she told a packed room that the Lifetime brand that she inherited a year ago hadn't changed with her. Since taking the reigns at the femme-centric network, Dubuc has strategically pushed both her programming and her marketing teams to move away from that "women in peril" stereotype that has plagued the once top-rated Lifetime in recent years.

Instead, her staff has been tasked with finding and celebrating female characters who are brazen, strong, confident and sexy. To drive that message home, all four characteristics flashed on screen during a network sizzle reel that Dubuc shared midpanel featuring the network's scripted, unscripted and movie fare, including Runway, Army Wives, upcoming Against the Wall and The Protector. To hear Dubuc tell it, having Klum show off her model figure is a way of showcasing a woman who has all of those attributes.

It is also a way to court attention. (Proof: the image hasn't even been released, and this reporter is already covering it.) And as Dubuc acknowledged during the session, finding ways to cut through the clutter is an increasingly vital piece of the television formula today.

Plus, she said with a big smile, "it's Heidi F--in' Klum."
    Thank you, MFWalkoff for including it but I find many of her points ridiculous.
    - Nancy Dubuk must be very very young if she thinks that women have changed the most in the last 15 years in all of history or needs to brush up on her history books.
    - I'm not sure I want to be considered "brazen," although I do like confident, strong and sexy.
    - I'm not sure that seeing Heidi Klum, naked, represents the rest of us women. Most of us have not participated in many of the surgical, non-invasive surgical treatments, the ability to afford all the above, etc etc etc.
    And I really like Heidi.....but she doesn't represent anybody I know in real life.
    Anyway, here's to Project Runway....and long may it run!!!
    Last edited by MFWalkoff; 07-28-2011 at 05:05 AM.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Excited for the new season . . . so full of promise and drama.

Thanks MFW for putting up all twenty contestants. Twenty! I'm thinking there are going to be at least two double eliminations!
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast