+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: 10/28 show discussion **SPOILERS**

Re: 10/28 show discussion **SPOILERS**

I think they pay the models not to show up on these things. More drama sigh

I loved that outfit of Mondo's that the model was wearing when they were doing fittings..the black pants and the rainbow sparkerly shirt...I loved the way he made those pants
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Quemoni;4093112;
    Oh, I really am fighting the conspiracy theory of Gretchen being forced in just because a woman was needed for Lifetime Television for Women. My gut says it's true. Michael was thrown under the bus because it was Lifetime.
    I think they definitely didn't want to do three guys for the finale but I was willing to throw Andy over so Michael could be there. So then it would have been: Mondo, Michael and Gretchen. Anyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by Allie;4093115;
    I know. They do it like at least every other finale.

Commerical for Bravo's Fashion Show Season 2 on Lifetime!
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg;4093113;
    I don't know. This is a weird finale as Quemoni said. I'm really glad to be talking with you guys about it instead of watching and just thinking that to myself. I've hardly posted this season and I've missed everyone!
    Me too. I haven't posted like I normally would. I know I was ticked as soon as Gretchen won the 1st challenge. But, I refused to waste my energy on discussing something so obviously "scripted". I kept shaking my head saying what? Is she being planted to win? I was in shock.

And here she is...final 3. So, I was right. It was so blatant. I think I'm done with the show. I'll look online at the designs maybe but I think I'm done.

Quote Originally Posted by Quemoni;4093121;
    Me too. I haven't posted like I normally would. I know I was ticked as soon as Gretchen won the 1st challenge. But, I refused to waste my energy on discussing something so obviously "scripted". I kept shaking my head saying what? Is she being planted to win? I was in shock.

And here she is...final 3. So, I was right. It was so blatant. I think I'm done with the show. I'll look online at the designs maybe but I think I'm done.
    The show really has become more scripted on Lifetime. Even the judges being meaner I really think is driven by Lifetime because they think that will get more people talking about the show. It's a bummer.

Gretchen's up first. Total 70's vibe and she has more than one of those cheap looking black straw hats that she had last week. Didn't Michael or Nina tell her it had to look more upscale? Now every other model is wearing one of those cheap looking black straw hats.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

look I know I don't know fashion...can't afford it...I guess call me a Wal Martesta...lol...but I did not like one outfit of Gretchen's ...not even one I could say was halfway decent IMO
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Allie;4093115;
    No call? No show?

Right? what model would NOT show up for Fashion Week?

3 no shows for fittings?

I know things happen in real life but wouldn't that be a death sentence in the industry? If it wasn't an emergency?

Heck, in the other seasons if the model got a better offer then they said so. They were able to get out of their contract I guess.

There must be some thing going on behind the scenes with agents/contracts or what not. Too many models just bail.

FORT Regular

I am having a hard time deciding if the reason I HATED Gretchen's collection is because of my utter disike of her or if it was her "collection". I'll even throw out there the outfit she was wearing. Her diaper pants with the see-through skirt. I don't know if I am an old prude (47), but NONE of my friends would wear those so-called shorts or diapers or Depends of whatever they are. Even my friends with hot bodies. And there were a lot of them. On second thought, I'll try to be nice. I liked the aviator sunglasses the models were wearing.

FORT Fogey

Boy. Looking at the audition outfits, I have to say that Andy and esp. Mondo had some really great stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery;4093125;
    look I know I don't know fashion...can't afford it...I guess call me a Wal Martesta...lol...but I did not like one outfit of Gretchen's ...not even one I could say was halfway decent IMO
    The great thing about fashion is that we can all just look at it and appreciate it. Wal-Mart has some cute things BF! I found some really cute tunic tops at Wal-Mart this summer!! Gretchen's collection just comes across as really dated, I think - and not in a good way. I have a feeling Jessica Simpson might like it, though. I think I've seen her wearing some things that look like that. Very little applause for Gretchen after the collection, though. I think most people didn't like it very much.

Andy's next.

+ Reply to Thread