+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: 10/28 show discussion **SPOILERS**

Re: 10/28 show discussion **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;4095334;
    Check it out:

YouTube - Tim Gunn Project Runway Q&A

I know there are tons of Tim lovers and Gretchen haters on this site, but I'm actually really disappointed in the lack of professionalism shown here.
    I don't like Gretchen's designs and I have a problem with Gretchen being declared the winner but I do not HATE her. I don't even dislike her. I will say, I'm not fond of her attitude and belittling comments on other designers.
    Not directed at you, Jexter, but I'm just so tired of people being called haters just because they disagree or have another opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much;4095587;
    I certainly did not look at Tim's comments as being unprofessional. We are talking about reality TV where everything is laid out in front of you, not a nurse talking about a patient.
    I also didn't find Tim to be unprofessional. Having read his book, I was very impressed with his sense of honesty and integrity. I think he would have been dishonest to his own beliefs to pretend agreement with Nina and Michael. I wonder if he has some clause in his contract that if he feels something is unfair or injust that he can opt out.

Quote Originally Posted by holly71;4094887;
    MONDO WAS ROBBED!
    Yes, he definitely was! How can sooo many people be wrong?

I never cared for Mondo's designs, with a very few exceptions, and thought the other guy's work still looked "student," so for me Gretchen was the best of a less-than-stellar lot.

Personally, I found Tim's comments refreshing. He wasn't nasty or hateful towards Gretchen, IMO. He gave out background information on what really went on. Heidi and co. might not like it, but for myself, I'm glad he said it. I'd rather he tell what actually happened than stand there and dodge the question or straight out lie about how wonderful the win was. I still do not get where Kors or Nina were coming from at all, and I think it was a big mistake giving Gretchen the win.

That said, to echo thedragonlady, I don't hate Gretchen either. Speaking for myself only, I really, really hate how she acts, and I really, really hate her clothes. I also hate that she won over people I believed were superior designers (Mondo, and Michael C.). But hate her as a person, no. If nothing else, I'm glad the season is done, and hopefully I will never see her (or Ivy, ugh...) again, save for a cameo in audition tapes or at next season's runway day, IF I watch.

I honestly haven't decided yet whether or not I'll watch next season of PR. This season was such a farce that I am strongly leaning towards not tuning in again. Way to go, Lifetime. Ruin a show I loved.

FORT Fan

I think this is going to be the final season for Project Runway... it's not going to dissapear, but after all the bru-ha there are going to be a couple of changes.

Who know they might even take a look at the redesigned Fashion Show and pick up some pointers from that. Last season I thought the Fashion Show was actually a lot better, in terms of quality and contestants. There was drama there, but it felt at least as a deserved win.

I sort of prefer what they showed on the Fashion Show over what they showed on Project Runway, in terms of what I would see as quality I rank the Fashion Show higher than Project Runway.

I think I even made a thread on it ages ago.

But back to PR, I think this season marks a change for the show in how they're going to present it to us. Tim has been getting restless, Heidi has been getting more vocal, while Nina and Michael seem to be phoning it in, and the fans are up in arms about the choices made.
    This is not a signature.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;4095334;
    Check it out:

YouTube - Tim Gunn Project Runway Q&A

I know there are tons of Tim lovers and Gretchen haters on this site, but I'm actually really disappointed in the lack of professionalism shown here.

I like Gretchen's work but think Mondo should have won.

This may be a blessing in disguise for Mondo. Just like American Idol, winning doesn't mean a hill of beans. I think/hope Mondo will do just fine.
    Grandpa's showing his senility. When Gretchen won, he said "much deserved". So he didn't really mean it (such a hypocrite). And one of his arguments for why Gretchen should not have won was because she won the 1st challenge. Unbelievable! Grandpa's lost it.

FORT Fan

You can't expect him to say: "I won't be congratulating you Gretchen, you might have won this competition, but I thought your entire line was sub-par compared to Mondo, he should have won."

He has to be happy for her, because he isn't a judge, he's a mentor who sends everybody off with a kind word or two.
    This is not a signature.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Cairon;4096157;
    You can't expect him to say: "I won't be congratulating you Gretchen, you might have won this competition, but I thought your entire line was sub-par compared to Mondo, he should have won."

He has to be happy for her, because he isn't a judge, he's a mentor who sends everybody off with a kind word or two.
    Exactly. So when Gretchen tells other designers nice things about their designs, she's just being civil. That's called double standard.

Quote Originally Posted by watts;4096149;
    Grandpa's showing his senility. When Gretchen won, he said "much deserved". So he didn't really mean it (such a hypocrite). And one of his arguments for why Gretchen should not have won was because she won the 1st challenge. Unbelievable! Grandpa's lost it.
    Quote Originally Posted by watts;4096183;
    Exactly. So when Gretchen tells other designers nice things about their designs, she's just being civil. That's called double standard.
    Watts, you are entirely free to voice your opinion, but a few things need to be considered here:

1. Tim may be a producer, but producers can be overtaken by someone if they disagree with their views. He is not immune to being fired or anything of the sort.

So... he will do something known in the work force and "kiss up" which means he will say something complimentary even if he does not agree with the decision made.

2. The first challenge win and such not being a reason? Yes, confusing, this is my understanding of the comment:

He's basically saying that Gretchen's first (and second) win shouldn't have been a factor in her winning the whole competition. It should've been based on overall for the season and final runway at the very most.

And - going by the overall season, Gretchen's overall work was subpar compared to Mondo and Andy's IMHO. In fact - She told the judges she was TIRED of the challenges. Almost EVERYONE I've ever seen say something like this was eliminated from their competitions.

3. Gretchen was civil, but it appeared at least for every single comment she made that was positive about a design there were at least 2 negative on designers and other designs.

She also acted entitled and was appalled that Michael C's better designs in a couple of cases were indeed better than hers, and felt she shouldn't have been in the bottom in a few cases.

Watts, the point of the whole thing is compared to the other designers who showed in fashion week, Gretchen's was easily the weakest and if I had been there I'd said she was eliminated at 10th or 9th, because they looked cheaply put together IMHO. I would NEVER have seen her as the winner, and would've pegged Mondo, Andy or Casanova as the winner. (Yes, I said Casanova's - I thought he showed a marked improvement with his runway show compared to his first design).

Tim saw this and wondered why it won, and yes is critical of two HIGHLY regarded people in the industry would say this is the new trend. It isn't in a majority of the USA or even the world.

I personally feel that Tim was stunned that Nina and Michael would act this nonsensical and crazy to choose such designs as better and more fashion than Mondo, Andy or the other 7 contestants who showed during the Fashion week.

I'll agree that Tim'd be wrong about his comments if it was a RTW right off the runway competition. But it's not, it's fashion and the winner missed the mark here IMHO.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

I didn't see Tim's saying the first design winner never wins as a reason for WHY Gretchen didn't deserve to win. It was just more of an amusing aside.

Quote Originally Posted by Kip;4096389;
    I didn't see Tim's saying the first design winner never wins as a reason for WHY Gretchen didn't deserve to win. It was just more of an amusing aside.
    If that's the way he said it, that's what I thought too - most of the first winners of these shows don't win. Tim can be a bit sharp - I've seen him do that, but I really think he was being open and honest so people knew why Gretchen won and how he felt about the whole decision. Watching it on TV and how harsh Nina and Michael were to Jessica and Heidi (neither earning it), I can see why he'd be upset about the whole thing.

+ Reply to Thread