+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: 10/28 show discussion **SPOILERS**

Re: 10/28 show discussion **SPOILERS**

What I am seeing from the edit of tonight's show is that Gretchen's organization is what has given her the edge in the finals...I do have the advantage of the spoilers in knowing who is going to win. I have only seen her collection so far and I like it for the most part. Perhaps it has a West Coast vibe that many of our FORT fans don't relate to? I found it to be well executed. There have been three designers in the last few years from the Portland area who have won PR - Leann, Seth and now Gretchen...I may feel prejudiced, but perhaps the West Coast look holds some mystique in the eyes of the judges...

Okay, so now that I have seen all three, I have to say that I like them all! Mondo was so graphic in his bold plaids and checks, they were fun. I did love Andy's shapes, but the grayscale color scheme left me cold. I think it must have been close when it came to the votes for the winner between Mondo and Gretchen. But if the edits reveal anything, I think the judges responded well to Gretchen's planning. And her look.

Another good season. I look forward to the next one.
    Last edited by Cootie; 10-29-2010 at 02:17 AM.

What a disappointing finale!!
    I never warmed up to Mondo...no reason in particular, just a gut feeling BUT...the boy can design brilliantly. In my youth, I would have worn every single piece of his collection and I'm old (64) and come from a "matchy-match outfit" era. It doesn't come naturally to me to just be able to throw different separates together and be stylish. But there was something magical and wonderful about his pieces. Simple, yet memorable.
    Gretchen's were definitely forgetable. Not bad, but not great.
    Andy's collection was better than Gretchen's and I still think Andy needs more seasoning.

There was something about the whole argument between Michael Korrs, Nina and Heidi that didn't ring true to me. You know that feeling you get when something is off and your instinct tells you things are not as they seem??
    So I think the whole thing was staged. I don't know the reason why they picked Gretchen.........nor will I ever understand why.
    I would kill to have Mondo's tunic with the silver and pink!!!!

As for clothes from Walmart, K-mart, Sears, etc. I think you can find great things anywhere. Today I wore a top from Old Navy, leggings from Nordstrom, and a Valentino bag and it all worked just fine together.

To be brief, ending was a travesty! Team Mondo All The Way! Enough Said!

can someone give me info and details on the video that was pulled from Tim Gunn's facebook ...if you can't post it in open forum please please PM me with details...I am really interested in what he had to say...THANKS
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

I think Jay of last season who didn't even make the top 3 could have won this season. That being said, Mondo should have won. He was designing for a runway not for a store.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe;4093306;
    I think Jay of last season who didn't even make the top 3 could have won this season. That being said, Mondo should have won. He was designing for a runway not for a store.
    I'm a fan of all 3 - but esp. Gretchen and Mondo.

But I agree with this sentiment. At what point did the rules change such that off-the-rack looks ruled the runway?

I really missed the memo. I think Mondo did too.

While I do not believe PR judges preordain anyone, I do think something is off here. It seems as if both the designers - and us as the viewers - never got the memo - which is completely unfortunate.

I hope this is addressed somehow.

First to last in wins. Congratulations, Gretchen on being the third Portland, OR area winner.

My favorite part of the show was the Fairy Job Mother vignettes. I thought they were very funny. My second favorite part was the 15 min we got to see of the decision making process. It made me wonder even more if Heidi should judge, and Jessica Simpson? I could understand what Nina and Michael were saying about Gretchen being in tune with the relaxed look for the current trend - one that will last for some time. It wasn't about her color scheme or her styling, it was about those two reading the trend.

While I enjoyed Mondo's creations, I agree with what was said to Heidi...you can't start re-styling on the runway, i.e. take that blouse and pair it with another slack or skirt. Yes, Mondo is an artist and Gretchen designs upscale ready-to-wear, but Nina and Michael were looking toward the marketplace and Gretchen was more marketable.

What I did like about the final three and even the final four was that they were all so different in their approach to design and what they want to design. They each had such a strong point of view and they each will have their own customer whether it be couture or ready-wear or boutique. Congratulations to all of them.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Wow....glad I missed it. RIP PR :-(

In reading a lot of the message boards after the disaster from tonight..I see lots of people saying they are sending emails to lifetime requesting the removal of N&M....thousands are now saying they are finished with the show...I have also seen a lot of posts telling lifetime that they need to find a sponsor to give Mondo the same winning prize since he really deserved the win..I agree with all of this and am sending my email to lifetime
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

FORT Fogey

I jibed with the critiques of Nina and Michael. I'm so glad Gretchen won. She's my 4th choice who's won (Christian, Leanne, Sunny Fong from PR Canada). That collection looked so much better on TV. And they had the same problems with Mondo's collection I had. He needs to take tips from Suno's and Proenza-Schouler's SS2011 presentations on using prints.

+ Reply to Thread