+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: 10/28 show discussion **SPOILERS**

Re: 10/28 show discussion **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg;4093253;
    Tim posts his vlogs on his FB page, BF. Just google Tim Gunn Facebook. I think he took some of the vlogs down but you can leave him a comment there if you're on FB. Are you on FB?
    Tim hasn't specifically commented on a show since the vlog he took down, unfortunately.

Just looked at pics of the final collection. I actually did like a couple of Gretchen's looks. But those granny pants should have given Mondo the win. I shudder at two of her outfits.

At least in pics, Andy's collection looked a bit too shiny and inexpensive.

Mondo's was fun, but I do see how Nina said it was a bit too young. Still, I thought his was the best show and frankly do not see what is wrong with fun clothes. I wish he would have had one or two more "elegant" pieces in his line.

Still disagree with the outcome. Mainly because I don't think Gretchen should have made it long enough to be in the top 3. Maybe top 5.

I do need to note that I have some rather odd tastes in clothing. My favorite pair of socks, for instance, were pink with skulls that had hearts as eyes. Sigh. I miss those socks. I had to throw them out because I wore holes in the toes. Sigh
    Last edited by Allie; 10-29-2010 at 12:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RacingGirl;4093250;
    This was my first season of PR and it's going to be my last. Gretchen, seriously?? Those clothes were ugly! Mondo's line is what I thought fashion was., not the throw together Goodwill clothing that Gretchen designed. The minute they announced her as the winner, I turned it off and deleted it from my DVR. Wow, what a disappointment. I do see a bright future for Mondo, I don't think Gretchen will go anywhere. Kinda like when Taylor Hicks won AI.
    To be fair to Taylor, he's actually had a decent career in Broadway and such. And he actually put on an entertaining show, at least (I saw the AI tour that season).

Gretchen's work was just... ugh. *Snore* or *GAG* or both, depending on one's perspective.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

I'm on the West Coast - and am in shock. I'm not going to watch tonight. I was sure it was going to be Mondo. I thought he was the best designer by far. Andy had some great designs, but he was up and down a lot. Still, I wouldn't have minded that much if he won.

I don't understand the judges at all.

Second showing is starting now. I can't bear to look at Mondo knowing what's to come so I'm going to cry myself to sleep, now. Keep up the feedback, guys. Someone from Lifetime probably looks over the threads here to see what fan reaction is, so keep on telling them how totally over it we are.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Kao

Wow. The anger over Gretchen winning is 100x worse than what it was when Jeffrey S. won. This doesn't bode well for her future prospects.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

It now makes total sense to me why JC Penny is a sponsor of this show.

Gretchen is from my state, but I haven't looked at her collection yet. We will be seeing it here in a bit. I have to say that I have loved this season of designers as I feel that are very respectful of each other. It has been enjoyable to to watch their designs from week to week. I am a great Mondo fan and hoped that he would win, so I will reserve my judgement on Gretchen for the time being...

FORT Fogey

Random thought...

After what, 8 seasons, it just occurred to me one reason people like this show so much. How often is it that the average person gets to see fashion shows? I was really looking forward to the "big night".

Now, the decision is another matter. Just like Michael Kors said, it was a sugar and salt comparison. Both Mondo and Gretchen were great in their own ways. I really do think Mondo should have won for the creativity end of things, but Gretchen's stuff could go onto store shelves immediately. I agree with all the positive remarks Nina and Michael said about Gretchen, and I agree with all the positive remarks Heidi and Jessica said about Mondo.

Even though most people here don't care for Gretchen, I like her and her work, but I do think Mondo should have won because his work was more creative which is what I want to see on a runway show. Plus, as Jessica said, I think he is so creative that his work will evolve over time.

FYI...the reason I like Gretchen is the same reason Mondo likes Michael C. She really did learn and grow from this process. I think she gets how poorly she came off and and will try to improve on how she relates to people. Others, such as Ivy, are stupid and bitter and too close minded to even learn.

If I were in the "biz", I'd rather work with someone like Gretchen than Ivy.

XOXOXO to Mondo. I adore hime and really do wish he won.
    Last edited by Jexter; 10-29-2010 at 01:55 AM.

what are you watching? iguanachocolate's Avatar

i think it comes down to the egos of nina and michael: Gretchen took all of their advice and pretty much sucked up to them whilst mondo had the audacity to keep the long bubble print exactly the same right up to the hair piece. how dare he not heed the advice of us, nina and michael! we must beat him into submission and reward our faithful minion.....
    A good book should leave you... slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading it. ~William Styron, interview, Writers at Work, 1958

Quote Originally Posted by iguanachocolate;4093277;
    i think it comes down to the egos of nina and michael: Gretchen took all of their advice and pretty much sucked up to them whilst mondo had the audacity to keep the long bubble print exactly the same right up to the hair piece. how dare he not heed the advice of us, nina and michael! we must beat him into submission and reward our faithful minion.....
    I honestly felt this way regarding the decision. Tim was right - Mondo's dress he was considering putting in the show was worse IMHO - it might've been the sophistication they were looking for, but I feel that if he did put it in there we'd heard from Nina "Where is your bubbliness?" or "It's missing the fun."

In all seriousness - they kept Gretchen because she was the ordained one this season. Past couple of seasons, Seth Aaron and Irina had arguably the best collections of the seasons (even if I hated Irina's attitude and do think Carol Hannah could've beaten her).

Going by the talent - Andy and Mondo's were the true high fashion and style winners.

Then again - seeing the layout Mondo won, I noticed the day wear look was larger and toward the front. It almost screams "This year's winner overall will be boring and plain, not colorful and creative" like his avante garde (sorta) dress he made.

+ Reply to Thread