+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: 10/14 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 10/14 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred;4085128;
    That's what I'm afraid of. For all their praise of his creation, the judges are still professionals in the world of fashion, and so I'm afraid that (unconscious or not) they may share the designer's bias against him since he doesn't have all this technical knowledge. I've resigned myself to Gretchen making it into the Final 3, I just pray that she doesn't win. Please, Lord, not another Jeffrey. I really want Mondo to win.

And anyway, won't Michael get to show his collection, regardless of whether he's chosen? I never knew this, but in another thread they were saying that the past 10 eliminated designers get to show at FW. It's just that the Final 3 are the ones who get the television coverage.

It reminds me of a little of American Idol. Even if you don't win, you can still make a name for yourself. I would totally work with Casanova, Michael, or Mondo even if they didn't/don't win.

It's interesting that Nina praises Gretchen for being in touch with the common woman, when that was what the judges slammed her for in the challenge.
    In past seasons the final 4 designers all created collections during Fashion Week, because at the time they were still filming the last couple of episodes and no one knew who the final 3 would be. That is why Kara Janx showed at FW and I personally think had she been in the final 3 she would have won that season.

Due to when this season was filmed and the timing of Fashion Week 10 of the designers were allowed to create collections and present them at Fashion Week. Which was probably a great opportunity for all of them.

I have been to the spoiler thread for Fashion Week and have already seen the 10 collections and some were very good and some not. I was surprised how some of the designers given time produce some incredibly beautiful clothes and how some that are doing very well on the show didn't produce really good collections at all. I highly recommend you check that thread. The winner is still not revealed so it is safe to view.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I haven't watched tonite's episode and not read the spoilers but I want to comment that the judges indeed did not declare a winner for the last challenge because all of them will still have to compete for FW. If they declared a winner, that means it's an automatic FW. What happened was that Michael C. had the best dress so the judges were forced to put him in. I believe they were hoping that April (who is a one note wonder doing the same stuff over and over again with the same color and should have been called out weeks ago) and Michael C. (who is too raw and really have no clear concept of his designs that you really can't tell if a dress was made by him) would be eliminated. Declaring Michael C. the winner means he would not have to compete for the final spot, just Mondo, Andy and Gretchen. But because they'd rather see all those three and not Michael C. in FW, they made them compete again for FW one last time. This gave them the chance to eliminate Michael C. I really don't think they believe that Michael C. can make a collection for FW.

FORT Fanatic

[QUOTE=jammyjoe;4089105;]I haven't watched tonite's episode and not read the spoilers but I want to comment that the judges indeed did not declare a winner for the last challenge because all of them will still have to compete for FW. If they declared a winner, that means it's an automatic FW. What happened was that Michael C. had the best dress so the judges were forced to put him in. I believe they were hoping that April (who is a one note wonder doing the same stuff over and over again with the same color and should have been called out weeks ago) and Michael C. (who is too raw and really have no clear concept of his designs that you really can't tell if a dress was made by him) would be eliminated. Declaring Michael C. the winner means he would not have to compete for the final spot, just Mondo, Andy and Gretchen. But because they'd rather see all those three and not Michael C. in FW, they made them compete again for FW one last time. This gave them the chance to eliminate Michael C.[B] I really don't think they believe that Michael C. can make a collection for FW.[/QU

The Judges were wrong during FW, there were serveral favorable article wriiten about Michael C's, collection.

FORT Fogey

The Judges were wrong during FW, there were serveral favorable article wriiten about Michael C's, collection.
    Michael C's personality is a large part of what holds him back. He speaks to the camera in such a calm way that I often wonder if he isn't missing a few marbles. His words make sense, it's just his delivery that's off a bit.

Reg. his designs, I do think that overall, he produces really pretty - and even interesting designs. However, the one thing that sets him apart from the F3 is that he doesn't really have a super clear voice about what it is he wants to accomplish in his designs.

He seems to think make whatever he thinks is pretty at the moment but what that is isn't articulated. Or, at least it wasn't until the very end, i.e. effortless shiek. He does do that very well and that could have been his thing from the very beginning. He could have sold it much better. As it is, you have people like Christian Siriano wondering if his successful designs were accidental.

I imagine that how he puts himself forward is a result of how his parents treat(ed) him. He just takes things laying down rather than expressing a clear voice of his own.

I like him. I like most - not all - of what he's done, and I hope he makes a career out of all this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567