+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 10/14 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 10/14 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer;4084928;
    I thought she was talking about Ivy -wasn't she the one who wanted Michael eliminated?
    Wasn't it April and Gretchen sitting around the in the apartment bitching once again about Michael? I thought it was April who said that "week after week, I just kept thinking it's Michael's turn to get eliminated, and I just kept praying he would go." And Gretchen, ever the dutiful mean girl, just nodded her head and totally agreed with her. I think I remember commenting on this last week, because then Gretchen turned around and seemingly was offering Michael comfort in the workroom. I thought it was hypocritical of her.

If I am remembering correctly, then I just thought it was great karma that the very next week April got eliminated and not only did Michael stay in, but he actually won.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Quote Originally Posted by Allie;4084913;
    I went to Lifetime and watched the judges' vlogs and am worried that Gretchen will get in the final 3. Nina thinks Michael C might have lucked into the look he did (I believe she also mentioned the fabric issue). And she said G makes separates that women would buy (not me), and that her collection would be different than the rest. She also talked about how good at styling G is. Funny the emphasis on styling this season
    That's what I'm afraid of. For all their praise of his creation, the judges are still professionals in the world of fashion, and so I'm afraid that (unconscious or not) they may share the designer's bias against him since he doesn't have all this technical knowledge. I've resigned myself to Gretchen making it into the Final 3, I just pray that she doesn't win. Please, Lord, not another Jeffrey. I really want Mondo to win.

And anyway, won't Michael get to show his collection, regardless of whether he's chosen? I never knew this, but in another thread they were saying that the past 10 eliminated designers get to show at FW. It's just that the Final 3 are the ones who get the television coverage.

It reminds me of a little of American Idol. Even if you don't win, you can still make a name for yourself. I would totally work with Casanova, Michael, or Mondo even if they didn't/don't win.

It's interesting that Nina praises Gretchen for being in touch with the common woman, when that was what the judges slammed her for in the challenge.
    Last edited by Babbred; 10-16-2010 at 12:46 PM. Reason: forgot
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred;4085109;
    Wasn't it April and Gretchen sitting around the in the apartment bitching once again about Michael? I thought it was April who said that "week after week, I just kept thinking it's Michael's turn to get eliminated, and I just kept praying he would go." And Gretchen, ever the dutiful mean girl, just nodded her head and totally agreed with her. I think I remember commenting on this last week, because then Gretchen turned around and seemingly was offering Michael comfort in the workroom. I thought it was hypocritical of her.

If I am remembering correctly, then I just thought it was great karma that the very next week April got eliminated and not only did Michael stay in, but he actually won.

I believe when Heidi said that - April was still on the show wasn't she? No matter - I couldn't stand Ivy and am estatic that Michael C has a shot at FW!

In your face Ivy!!!

Quick question about this episode. I've been reading at other sites that Michael "won" this challenge. I don't remember Heidi saying "Michael, you are the winner of this challenge."

She called him first and told him he was in. She called Mondo safe second. (Obviously they liked both their looks best). But I didn't think that this challenge had a winner. If you didn't go home, you were in the top four and at least "showing" at Fashion Week.

So did any of you guys here that there was a declared winner?

Ever since S6, there has been no declared winner in the final challenge before FW.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Quote Originally Posted by Allie;4085354;
    Quick question about this episode. I've been reading at other sites that Michael "won" this challenge. I don't remember Heidi saying "Michael, you are the winner of this challenge."

She called him first and told him he was in. She called Mondo safe second. (Obviously they liked both their looks best). But I didn't think that this challenge had a winner. If you didn't go home, you were in the top four and at least "showing" at Fashion Week.

So did any of you guys here that there was a declared winner?
    I wondered about that myself, since at the beginning of the thread people were saying he had "won". I was kind of disappointed to watch the episode and see that there was no winner, after all. The judges seemed to like his dress the best, but you're right, Allie, they didn't officially declare him the winner. I guess that makes him still tied with Gretchen, then.

I think it was the strange results of season 5's final four that caused them to stop naming a winner. Historically, the designers are running on fumes by that challenge anyway, so it usually comes down to whoever sucks the most. In S5, none of the plant-inspired gowns were any good, and the judges named Jerell the winner, but told him that since they were deadlocked trying to eliminate someone, he wasn't guaranteed to go to Fashion Week. This finally stretched the limits of believability in terms of final-challenge twists. If you win, you should go to FW, otherwise don't declare a winner.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;4085372;
    Ever since S6, there has been no declared winner in the final challenge before FW.
    That's what I thought. That was why I was so confused when people were saying that Michael won.

April's dismissal was long overdue. I think if the judges had wanted to help and encourage her they should have really impressed upon her multiple times, that her designs were one-note. Always. Her "surprise" this time was a small swath of deep purple that hardly showed.

I think Gretchen came into the competition very talented and was very smug about it. She has since gone downhill. It's like she's split into 2 different designers and ended up with humdrum. I think she is the most stunned that she didn't take all the honors as her boasting in the begining showed what she thought of herself.

Christian reminded me of the new kid, playing with the varsity team, trying to come up with some critiques that would show that he belonged there and knew what he was talking about. He's marvelous for what he is but he has a long way to go to match Michael K's and Nina's knowledge re fashion.

Michael C's dress was so simple in design that it would be easy to overlook the extent of the work. The slit was very high but with the expert tailoring, it didn't show anything it shouldn't show. The back was fit so perfectly to the model's body ( she had a little swayback which worked for this style) that there were no gaps, pulls, etc. It was like it was painted on her. I do think it was one of those items that comes to life when on a body.

I'm not a big fan of Mondo himself, but I do think he just may win this and I think he deserves it if he does. He brings something very new and different and tailors it beautifully. Michael's designs are not innovative but they do create a little big of magic when on the runway and I can't say why.

Andy is very talented but just a little too scattered right now. I just think he needs time to figure out which direction to take.

FORT Fogey

Gretchen is just about the most insecure person that I have ever seen. She let her confusion and hatred for Michael ruin her chances, and her designs just like Ivy did. Michael obviously is a gracious, caring man, and I would say by the looks of how well he accepts it he does not get a lot of compliments in his life. It is obvious that Mondo is loved by all, and he seems to love Michael so it looks like Michael is a great guy. I hope that Michael wins it all. He has held his head high despite everything.

I think it is so obvious that Heidi loves Michael, and the others love Mondo. I think that Michael will win if there is anyway that his designs warrant it at all, and Mondo will win if not. I think that both in the final three might be a stretch so the judges do not argue it out at that point.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast