+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 10/7 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 10/7 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Everything April makes looks exactly the same. It will be black with some see through fabric and a little goth. I would like to see her go next but if show wants F4 to be 2 men and 2 women I fear MC could be the one to go. I hope not as I really loved his FS designs. It would be nice to see him get national exposure on the show. Mondo/Andy/April are all somewhat similiar and a little out there so they need someone a little different to even it out. I hope MC makes it one more week.

I really didn't like this last challenge at all. Heidi's line is ugly and boring. Seeing these designers make workout clothes wasn't all too fun either. I would rather it have been 2 outfits for 2 different events for Heidi so we could have seen pants, skirts, dresses, gowns, etc. We could have seen their real talent shine through more.

I thought it was funny that Wretchen was happy Val was gone because she giggled and talked in the morning. She and April are just miserable.

FORT Newbie

Tim Gunn Comment about contestant being out

Did anyone hear TG's comment that a contestant would not be allowed to continue in the competition? This was shown in multiple ads and during the Runway 8 show on Thurs. Oct. 7th. No one was kicked off and I'm wondering why this was said? If this was an "editorial" mistake someone should lose their job. It seemed like a false way to get people to watch the show.

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

I just watched my DVRed episode tonight and I found it very eye-opening. Mondo has been my favorite to win it (and I still think he will), but I was disappointed with how he treated Heidi. I think it is wise to treat your clients a bit nicer. My daughter made an interesting point, though , she said that since Heidi was a model, she is probably used to tempermental designers and maybe it won't bother her too much..... It's a good thought, but Heidi was bothered by it because she made sure to mention it to the other judges and reprimanded Gretchen for also acting like a diva. A little humility goes a long way in the public's eye. They really should be more aware of that!

ETA: I just read further back in the thread and see that many people thought Heidi was rude. I guess it is all in perception, because I didn't get that from her at all. It seemed like the normal Heidi to me. She is very blunt all of the time and we need to remember that English is not her first language. But, that is just my opinion.
    Last edited by maude~flanders; 10-09-2010 at 02:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders;4080348;
    ETA: I just read further back in the thread and see that many people thought Heidi was rude. I guess it is all in perception, because I didn't get that from her at all. It seemed like the normal Heidi to me. She is very blunt all of the time and we need to remember that English is not her first language. But, that is just my opinion.

I agree.

I didn't take what she said (or how she said it) as being rude, either. Heidi was the client/boss in that situation, but she is also a lady that was born into and raised in a different culture. Cultural differences DO exist and are a factor in things. She IS German-born, and therefore tends to speak --- as maude mentioned --- very bluntly, all of the time.

To put another spin on it . . . In that same vein, American Northerners ARE different from American Southerners in the way they carry themselves, patterns of speech, etc.

Same church, different pew.

And, no, Northerners aren't any better than Southerners, or vice versa; that's just the way it is.

And the world keeps turning!
    Last edited by ness; 10-09-2010 at 04:11 AM.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Re: Tim Gunn Comment about contestant being out

Quote Originally Posted by jfk1963;4080346;
    Did anyone hear TG's comment that a contestant would not be allowed to continue in the competition? This was shown in multiple ads and during the Runway 8 show on Thurs. Oct. 7th. No one was kicked off and I'm wondering why this was said? If this was an "editorial" mistake someone should lose their job. It seemed like a false way to get people to watch the show.
    Lifetime's PR promos have been this way all season. During the actual episode, Tim said the quote about the model who quit, only he said "SHE won't be returning to the competition" -- Lifetime must have edited in "you" before it for the promo. It's ridiculous how much they deceive people with the promos. Dramatic things like an ambulance arriving, or someone being accused of cheating show up in the promos weeks before they actually happen. It's infuriating, really.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred;4080128;
    I haven't watched the show yet, but something jumped out at me while reading this thread. Somebody said, "Tim told the designers that by the time the taping issue had been brought to their attention, there wasn't enough proof that he did it, so they let it go."

First of all, there's a huge difference between "innocent" and "not proven." Just ask a lawyer. The defendant hasn't been found innocent, the jury has simply declared that the prosecution didn't present enough evidence to make their case "beyond a reasonable doubt." Therefore, there is still a question as to whether the defendant actually did it. In Michael's case, it sounds like the producers might have considered it a big deal if there had been proof positive that he had taped the model. Would they have punished him? As much as I like Michael, I'm disappointed that his name wasn't cleared entirely.

As for the other issue, "Should taping even be an issue?" Frankly, I think it's silly. Geesh, ever been backstage at the Miss America pageant?

Well, legally speaking, it's innocent until proven guilty. Ivy herself only saw tape in the bathroom. She herself can't even say that she directly saw Michael tape his model. Ivy and the other designers saw the tape in the bathroom but, were busy and didn't mention it to anyone. After the runway was over and Michael's model already undressed, etc. they mentioned it to the producers. The producers told them at that point it was too late because it's not like they could bring Michael's model and pull her aside wearing the dress and examine her. Plus, Tim didn't just say it was too late. He said he takes this kind of thing seriously. However, he didn't see anything out of the ordinary involving the tape on the day of the runway. The producers didn't see anything and all the cameras didn't see anything. So, as far as they were concerned it was just hearsay and a non-issue. So, if we're going on the legal train, Ivy presented that she and others saw tape in the bathroom but, not on the actual model and THINK Michael cheated. On the defense side Tim presented that he, the producers, and all the cameras didn't see Michael taping his model or see anything untoward. So, it's innocent until proven guilty not speculated guilty until proven innocent.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ChelsieFan;4080318;
    Everything April makes looks exactly the same. It will be black with some see through fabric and a little goth. I would like to see her go next but if show wants F4 to be 2 men and 2 women I fear MC could be the one to go. I hope not as I really loved his FS designs. It would be nice to see him get national exposure on the show. Mondo/Andy/April are all somewhat similiar and a little out there so they need someone a little different to even it out. I hope MC makes it one more week.

I really didn't like this last challenge at all. Heidi's line is ugly and boring. Seeing these designers make workout clothes wasn't all too fun either. I would rather it have been 2 outfits for 2 different events for Heidi so we could have seen pants, skirts, dresses, gowns, etc. We could have seen their real talent shine through more.

I thought it was funny that Wretchen was happy Val was gone because she giggled and talked in the morning. She and April are just miserable.

I feel the same way about April. First her resort wear looked like black lingerie. This week her active wear looked sort of like black lingerie as well. Exactly what does she picture when she thinks of resorts and active/leisure activities? Incidentally, I wouldn't have minded a challenge where they had to make actual active/gym wear for average sized women, because there's a real need for that. Making gym wear for a size two model is no big deal, but making gym wear for women who actually need/want to go to the gym would be a good idea, because it might encourage someone who's anywhere from a size eight on up to go to the gym more often if she didn't feel like exercise gear made her feel/look like a stuffed sausage. Or have to resort to oversized t-shirts that just make her feel like she's not making any progress because regular gym wear often doesn't take into account women's curves.

I'd also like to see a challenge where no one could use black, white, grey, or anything considered a typical neutral (they could let Tim stand there and approve of color choices if someone wasn't sure if they'd grabbed a neutral or just allow them to shop from only selected fabrics). Maybe next year they could do that and have Mondo come back to judge their use of color. Or have a print challenge and have Uli come back and judge it. I just get so tired of seeing the same colors over and over again. I like and wear neutrals, but I like to wear them with color not instead of color.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by casaeyl45;4079920;
    I'm sorry, I don't understand the love for Andy's clothes this challenge at least not the striped dress. The bottom stripe the one shaped like a "V," I thought was placed in a very unfortunate position (almost perfectly it seemed, with a certain part of the female anatomy), and once that thought was in my mind, that was all I could see.
    I'm so glad you noticed that too. Also, when the model turned around, it sagged in the back. Almost like a full diaper (some of us remember those days!).

I'm going to have to watch the episode again because I kind of remember Heidi mentioning color when she was in the workroom. And Tim said something about her having a warehouse full of the fabric that they had been given and were expected to use. At the time I thought they should have been told that before shopping at Mood. And by the way, who does workout fashion in all black and gray?

Living in South Florida we see very little of it. Here it's a lot of color!

I checked out Heidi's New Balance Collection on Amazon.com, the designers have better stuff them what she came up with and the prices are ridiculous.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;4080513;
    I checked out Heidi's New Balance Collection on Amazon.com, the designers have better stuff them what she came up with and the prices are ridiculous.
    I know! The only piece I would think about was Andy's modified hoodie. And you'd have to take $100 off the original price before I'd even think about it. And I'd need a good coupon, too.

+ Reply to Thread