+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 10/7 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Re: 10/7 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much;4079799;
    I didn't think that Heidi started off "rude" when she was talking to Mondo, but didn't she say something about him rolling his eyes and then she upped the diva behavior and was insulting. But she was the boss and his childish attitude was what set her off. And then at the end of her visit, his ignoring her was really too much. He came across as immature as his short pants and suspenders outfit
    I don't think the words Heidi used were rude; it was more her tone, IMO. I thought she sounded disdainful towards Mondo from her first words (which really surprised me as she's mostly liked his work). I would have been ticked off at her too. I do agree that it was immature of him to ignore her later.

I really don't blame Mondo for being irritated at the way Heidi treated him. She had such a rude and disrespectful tone. I realize it's her line, but she acted so short and superior. If she treats her designers as inferior beings and not colleagues she's missing out on a lot of valuable discussion that could better her line, and from what we saw her line could definetly use some help.

I find it disturbing how snarky and contemptuous the judges currently are with the contestants. They seem to think way too much of themselves and way too little of others.

As to Michael C. cheating, I don't think Ivy should have brought it up, but the judges didn't say he was cleared of it, merely that by the time it was brought to their attention it couldn't be proven. If the producers decided to let it go though so should Ivy and everyone else.

There is a difference between stapling something together in the way you would have sewn it if you had time and designing something that won't stay up without tape. One is a time saving short cut, one is a design flaw.

Ivy....Bittercakes, party of 1, your table is ready. She really brought the episode down for me.

Casanova, love you to pieces..I was happy to see you.

I disliked this challenge so very much, because Heidi's line was just boxy and drab, and it stifled the designers a bit. I'm totally happy with Andy winning and Mondo coming in second, they both did well with the limitations.

Gretchen really needs to get over herself.

FORT Newbie

I'm sorry, I don't understand the love for Andy's clothes this challenge at least not the striped dress. The bottom stripe the one shaped like a "V," I thought was placed in a very unfortunate position (almost perfectly it seemed, with a certain part of the female anatomy), and once that thought was in my mind, that was all I could see.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Duckyface;4079910;
    [snipped]...

There is a difference between stapling something together in the way you would have sewn it if you had time and designing something that won't stay up without tape. One is a time saving short cut, one is a design flaw.
    There have been lots of times when a garment gapes (a design flaw) and the designer quickly bastes it so the fit is tighter. Michael very likely could have made the top stay up by just taking it in at a couple of key places. Whether it's done by staples, temporary stitching, or tape, I don't see any big difference.

old cow

Quote Originally Posted by Duckyface;4079910;
    As to Michael C. cheating, I don't think Ivy should have brought it up, but the judges didn't say he was cleared of it, merely that by the time it was brought to their attention it couldn't be proven. If the producers decided to let it go though so should Ivy and everyone else.
    The main problem that I have with Ivy isn't really that she told M.C. he cheated, I get it you aren't gonna get along with everyone else, its the fact that she went around the workroom and bragged about it. She was so busy patting herself on the back for doing such a brave & heroic act that she didn't realize she would look like a total bafoon on national tv for it. So yeah congrats Ivy you made yourself look even more like a jealous old cow! :thumbup

What a tension filled night that was. I was surprised at Heidi's line, didn't find it very interesting at all. Mondo and Gretchen's attitudes were horrible, but Mondo got himself turned around and produced a great line. Gretchen is just a sourpuss with her attitude and her outfits were horrible. I was so pleased for Andy getting the win and I loved the stripped pants. Not only did Christopher get eliminated last night (I've never thought he stuff was very interesting) he had to work with Ivy, a double lose for him! I wanted to hug Tim for the way he handled the turmoil in the workroom, he was awesome. I loved Mondo's line just a bit better than Andy's, and I wondered if his attitude in the workroom caused him the winner's spot last night. Saw the commercial of Gretchen saying she wanted to leave because she was tired of the challenges. Can we say goodbye to her next week?
    Friends are those rare people who ask how you are and then wait for the answer. ~Author Unknown

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar

Oh, I think Gretchen will go all the way. And it isn't even her designs they like so much, it's the styling. When did that become such a major part of judging?? And if taping is cheating then Santino should have been disqualified his season for gluing his outfit on the model when they designed for each other. Much worse than tape.
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

FORT Fogey

the emphasis on "styling" has annoyed me this year since I do not recall that being mentioned at all in previous seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much;4079963;
    the emphasis on "styling" has annoyed me this year since I do not recall that being mentioned at all in previous seasons.
    I would image Piperlime.com or what ever it is called - paid Lifetime a "boatload of cash" to get all the emphasis on their goods this season.

It is all the judges talk about and if I see another of those commercials the contestants were forced to do talking about all the accessoires they have at their disposal my TV is going to blow up.

It seems like PR is now a commercial vehicle for Piperlime.com and HP - UGH!!
    Last edited by Scully2066; 10-08-2010 at 04:53 PM.

+ Reply to Thread