+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 9/30 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 9/30 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe;4074053;
    Ok...well Andy should have gone home but I get the judges. Valerie has not had a great design in a while. She hasn't landed the top 3 in weeks and in fact landed the the bottom several times so I guess she just ran out of creativity. As for Andy, he has been on top of his game until this week. The reunion with his mom threw him off and could not focus on his work. So they excused his poor design based on his previous work compared to Valerie.
    Andy's outfit in the Jackie Kennedy challenge was hideous, particularly the fit.

FORT Fogey

I would have prefered to have more colorful prints (like last season). I thought Valerie's origami skirt was not bad. Christopher and Andy (I saw the same droopy eyelid face Michael Kors saw) should have been in the bottom 2. I wonder what Mondo said (or did) to Heidi that was rude. And so Gretchen was actually throwing her fabric at no one.

Quote Originally Posted by queenofitall;4073962;
    I don't know if it is the lack of airings on Lifetimes part, or the designers are very blah this season, but somethings the matter somewhere. Has Project Runway jumped the shark????
    For me, PR has jumped the shark. I noticed it pretty early into this season.

I did not like how they introduced the god awful "heartfelt moment" inspiration twist. I am not a touchy-feely or feelings person, so it was awkward and unwatchable. I skipped most of it.

I have a lot of secrets, but I just don't see why people need to get them off their chest. I guess I'm not a person to see the need to be myself all the time and have it out in the open.

It was long due that Valerie go. She had a very cool "Tron" fabric and did ZERO justice to it. I mean she stuck huge "A" shaped pieces of black over it! The shape of the top and the bottom didn't mesh and it didn't look fit well. The fabric was so bold that she should have used it straight.

Andy's fabric to me felt JUST like the "Pokemon Tower" and Lavender Town. The tower is filled with ghosts and is haunted and the city was known for having creepy-ish headache inducing music and suicide rumors. Andy's fabric just felt like it was another missing piece: derelict, deserted, old, creepy, dusty.

FORT Fogey

Just saw Austin and Santino's show. OUCH! Capital T (the scar). He won't be modelling Hanes Her Way (haha!) And I saw the preview. I wonder who gets booted (a contestant still competeing or one of the ousted contestants) by Tim Gunn.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Much as I am in favor of keeping Michael C around, the fabric was a little less than appealing. Not the design on the fabric, but the fabric itself. Maybe something softer, wispy even, would have been better. I didn't see the "tie" until MK pointed it out. To me, it looked more like some kind of armor breast plate.

I liked April's fabric, which surprised me since I haven't really like anything else she's done. It was no surprise that she paired it with even more black fabric. Someone really needs to get this girl a fresh box of crayons.

Gretchen . . . I think those were peacocks on your fabric. Dull, boring peacocks. I am beginning to see why Christopher is always in the background. He's boring and bland and so was his fabric. The fact that the fabric was blue was the only connection to water that I got.

Mondo's fabric was very colorful (too colorful for me to wear) and I could not believe how long-waisted his model looked. Just how tall is that girl? Glad he got the win - his third consecutive. Karma is definitely smiling on him. Hope there is a follow-up so we can find out how his family took the news.

Aandy and Valerie . . . they had the right bottom two this week. Valerie looked like she had created an apron for her model. Glad the judges called her on the similarity to the Party Store design. It wasn't just the skirt that was the same . . . the top was too. Andy's shorts were too short (especially since they started out their life as pants). Not that I'm complaining that Valerie finally went home, but I would have rather seen Andy go. Valerie's dress at least had some interesting detail with the folded part (the apron!). Andy's design was sad and looked like an underwire bra.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

FORT Fanatic

Since they expanded the show to 90 minutes, I just watch bits and pieces. 90 minutes is too much for me.

I didn't watch the whole show. 90 minutes is too much for me sometimes too. I thought Mondo was very brave admitting he has HIV. I wish him the best.
    I wasn't surprised Valerie went home. She probably should have gone already.

Quote Originally Posted by nikkij_26;4074048;
    I'd heard the ratings for this year were good and up from last season. I adore Mondo! Team Mondo & Michael C! Though, I'm worried about them both next week. Heidi's "he shouldn't have done that', appears to be about Mondo saying something to Heidi when she visits the workroom. Also, still wondering about the accusation of cheating. The guy, Chris, still seems to be under the radar. Bland as a designer and bland in personality.

Chris, who.......

Seriously at the beginning of the episode I thought there were only 6 designers left because I keep forgetting about Chris. Like the judges said he is not memorable. Unlike my precious little chipmunk aka Mondo.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by queenofitall;4073962;
    . Has Project Runway jumped the shark????
    As much as it pains me I think so. I love this show, I really do. I became a Kors-aholic because of this show.

This year...it isn't really the contestants that are nasty, it is the judges & that is what I don't like about this season.

old cow

Good grief this episode! Honestly for the 1st time i felt bad for Gretchen. But I'm glad her mom finally came in.

No surprise Val went home. She was like some near death animal that had to be put out of its misery.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast