+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: 9/23 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 9/23 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

The only think left to say by me is that Gretchen's outfit was awful! I am dumbfounded.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe;4069506;
    All the judges loved Andy's clothes and not one had a negative to say about it but he lost to Mondo. I think he should have won.
    The most Mondo got was that the skirt on his fancier dress should've been longer.

Andy I think had two judges like one look over the other - and Heidi was the one in particular here to note because she liked the regular outfit over the fancier one, when that one is the slightly more important outfit in the challenge.

That said, I do agree that either could've won, and kinda wish they did a double winner. Unfortunately, thanks to the prize involved, there could only be one winner. I am curious though if they gave immunity to Mondo or not - Heidi DID NOT say that there was no immunity granted this week because of the prize, even if assumed.

As for the bottom 2, it was a toss up but I think Valerie was right, she should have been the one going home because she wasn't really happy with her work. I'm glad though that Ivy is gone. I don't think she has anything else to show us, contrary to her closing remarks. So again I think the judges got it wrong but I'm still happy with the results. I hope Andy and Mondo make the finale. Not sure who the 3rd one is but it may be Gretchen even though she is hated by many in the FORT.
    The one thing I've noticed like last year Gretchen is this year's Mila. The difference is Mila would admit when she did make a mistake, and didn't think everything she did was perfect, and agreed with winners.

Gretchen, the antithesis, and I'm hoping she isn't in the finals.

Andy will need to NOT do another outfit like the Jackie O - muse challenge or he probably will end up aufed - that was a very ugly outfit.

Gretchen's outfit looked like something Holly Hobbie doll would have worn. Awful!
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

I'm rooting for Gretchen (am I the only one on FoRT?), but I didn't like her latest look either. But then I compared it to the rest, and I guess they just had to find someone to round out the Top 3 with Mondo and Andy. At least her outfits were well-made?
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;4070886;
    I'm rooting for Gretchen (am I the only one on FoRT?), but I didn't like her latest look either. But then I compared it to the rest, and I guess they just had to find someone to round out the Top 3 with Mondo and Andy. At least her outfits were well-made?
    Gretchen is one of my least favorite contestants, but I like her as a designer. I hope she makes it to the finals because I think she deserves it and I would like to see her collection. That said, I think her couture outfit was pretty awful (with the exception of the beading on the back).

I don't hate Gretchen. I just find her extremely irritating. I just don't think she's mature enough to be a couture designer. Like I said, I work in a high school, so I see childish behavior all the time. She reminds me of a high school who's extremely insecure about herself.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Quote Originally Posted by Coco46;4070705;
    Gretchen's outfit looked like something Holly Hobbie doll would have worn. Awful!
    I'd more describe it as something Mrs. Roper (of Three's Company) would wear.
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

Could have been some foreshadowing this epi that F3 will be Andy, Gretchen, and Mondo. I like Mondo's work a lot and Andy is creative so I'm fine with both of them. I don't like most of what Gretchen makes and her designs seem to be going downhill since the start of the season when she won a few challenges. I was shocked they liked what she made this week. Both were boring and ugly. I'd like to see Michael C make finale because I loved what he presented at FW but I don't think he will.

Quote Originally Posted by Jezebella;4070581;
    Hold on! I am 60+ and no way would I wear one of Wretchen's awful designs!!
    I do like Michael C's stuff so that may be a bad thing for him.

Mondo is so edgy, I would've worn his designs when I was young and thin-not so much now though.
    I'm with you on our age and the fact that I wouldn't wear it either. Unfortunately, I'm too old to wear some of the other really great designs I see on PR.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred;4071163;
    I don't hate Gretchen. I just find her extremely irritating. I just don't think she's mature enough to be a couture designer. Like I said, I work in a high school, so I see childish behavior all the time. She reminds me of a high school who's extremely insecure about herself.
    This is what I get too. No one acts the way she does unless they are insecure. She's so defensive.

She is, however, one of my favorites from the show. The only ones I truely look forward to each week are Gretchen, Mondo, and Andy. I also like April's work.

I like hippy-dippy which Gretchen brings to the table, and I also like bold colors and interesting fabric choices which Mondo brings to the table, so they are my favorites. I could see the work of both designers in Macy's or something.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567