+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 9/23 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

FORT Fogey

Re: 9/23 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie;4068238;
    I thought Gretchen's couture dress was ugly- I felt for sure she would be bottom 3. Draping is fine, but that thing just hung off her model and made the model look like 2 models could fit in there. I also thought it was funny that she thought she had sole rights to the bordeaux color (us commoners call it burgandy!). What happens if her and another designer both do a black dress next time? Is she going to think the other designer copied her because they chose black too? She really does have a high opinion of herself. There is a very fine line between confidence and arrogance and she has definitely crossed it.
    I actually like Gretchen's look. And I think that if you go to Mood (or if you're season 6's Christopher, Walmart) and if you look for that color, it would be called bordeaux (I don't think it was the designer being pretentious). I think there's more to that "story" of Michael C. coincidentally picking the same color as Gretchen. An episode had Gretchen pulling out her fabric bolt choices then Michael C. running through and happening on the pulled out bolt.
    Last edited by watts; 09-24-2010 at 12:47 PM.

FORT Fogey

We really didn't see miuch of Tim giving Mike C help-----don't you think he would have suggsted that he cut back on the train....some train would be fine----too much train is a killer.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

After just looking at all the designs again, Mondo and Andy are definitely the top 2. I would have been happy with either winning. Finding a third is harder. I think I might put April up in the top 3, but it's a huge drop between 2 and 3 (yeah, I know it's the pretty much the same stuff she's done before, but taken on its own...). I would take Michael out of the bottom 3 and put Christopher there instead. Yeah, the train on Michael's dress was a trainwreck (ha, ha), but the dress itself was nice. But what was Christopher thinking wrapping all that material around the hips - who wants their hips to look that big? Gretchen's dress looked like a robe over a camisole. It would have looked nicer with some beading in front, but I can't imagine any woman with any sort of a figure wanting to wear it.

Yay for Mondo! I'm so happy for him, loved his ready-to-wear dress as well. He and Andy both really got the challenge.

Please tell me how Gretchen's fugly dresses keep her at the top? Her "high fashion" look was right out of the 70's, with her day look a bit better, but only slightly. Hated the top, but the skirt was cool.

I floved that Michael C. was complimented on his construction skills, since Ivy's both were a hot mess and looked like an 8th grader had sewn them.

Tim Gunn chasing Swatch around Mood....endearling and hilarious at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew;4068365;
    I'm glad Mondo got the win, but I had to wonder if his model would even sit down in her high-fashioned gown.
    You can sit down in a dress like that - it's the bustle that can be an issue if it's a backed chair. A lot of times when the bustle was popular, the women sat more on ottoman style chairs to avoid that issue.

Wretched Gretchen must have been channeling Mrs. Roper from Three's Company. That gown was hideous.
    I didn't even notice that relevance but looking at it again... yeah, you're right. (though it'd rocked on her, and didn't the model).

Glad Poison Ivy has gone home. Maybe, just maybe, WG won't be as mean without PI there to feed her wrath. Oh, the eye rolling and the huffy breath will continue, but without one of her cronies there to back her up, maybe they negative thoughts won't actually make it as far as her mouth.
    I don't know - she does like Mondo, but he manages to stay out of most of the drama and is his own man (i.e. apologizing to Michael C. for being a jerk).

I liked Michael C's dresses, but the high fashion number looked uncomfortable. The ready-to-wear was very nice and I loved the color. Does WG's memory not go far back enough to realize that she and MC were going after the same fabric just one episode ago?
    She has selective memory, and while I do think Michael C.'s dresses were lovely, I think they were too stiff and the train was too long.

And what the h*ll was up with the compliment Nina gave WG about the model's makeup? She didn't do it . . . . the makeup artist did.
    I honestly think Nina likes pretty much everything Gretchen does... OR really didn't have enough nice things to say (or really didn't like the dress and was piecemealing compliments) that she had to say something to explain WHY Gretchen made the top three.

FORT Fogey

Mondo's evening wear dress ranks as one of my all-time favorites from the all seasons. He really is very, very good with color and textures.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by holly71;4068240;
    I think you mean Alexander McQueen.

And Valerie's big ol' hairy mole is distracting!
    Hahaha...I did! Steve McQueen's style is very different.

Finally remembered to set my DVR last night.

So Hivy got eliminated? Whoo hoo! I will definitely go back and watch it tonight.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

FORT Fanatic

Gretchen's entire line last night was horrible. That whole flowing look that she is going for looks so dated and not for the women of today. We want to show off how well we take care of our bodies. We dont want to ct a hole in the top of a sheet and walk around hiding our curves!

Okay, I watched the episode today.

I really like Collier Strong. Something about him is very likeable. Very professional yet nice. Like Tim.

Swatch is a cute name for a dog. Especially one in a fabric shop.

Gretchen is such a b. "Those are my colors and he's using them as well." I can't believe she was in the top three. Her high fashion look was kind of dowdy. Ugh, that waistline.

Love Tim's face when Ivy explains her waves crashing design.

Heidi had that covetous look again about Andy's ready to wear look. I liked the necklines on both of his.

I'm glad Ivy left but Valerie should have been kicked off if she designed the outfit she was wearing on runway day.

Hee, hee - "I think it's an unbelievably tight race for hideous today." Good one, MK.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast