+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 8/26 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 8/26 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

*sigh* I didn't think it possible that I could love Tim Gunn any more than I already do. I was wrong! I LOVED that smackdown of TeamSmug!

Wretchen and Poison-Ivy need to be off my screen as soon as possible.

I completely enjoy Casanova, he just makes me smile every week. I'm happy that he won the challenge, since I absolutely loved his design. I think it would appeal to a range of women.

I love that Tim seems to be really speaking his mind this time around. He seems to be saying what I'm often thinking, and it's so refreshing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;4049450;
    Gretchen you beyotch. Should have gone home because you were completely responsible for that entire collection. I honestly do believe that the producers stepped in and saved her just because she is such a villain.

Ivy, hateful, spiteful, ugly piece of DNA in the way she treated Michael C.

Michael C. was very classy how he handled the venom thrown at him during the judge's panel. Considering Gretchen was totally responsible for the look and feel of the collection I can't see how she could blame it all on Michael C.

Tim Gunn has only risen higher in my eyes. Thank you for telling off Team Luxe. I can't wait to listen to his Vlog on Facebook.
    Agree 1oo percent with what I saw. I just got home from vacation, popped onto FORT and realized, YIKES, only a half-hour left. Wasn't the only person who didn't throw Michael C under the bus the one that went home?

IT wont let me edit my post, so I'll add this: Isn't is funny how quickly IVY turned once Tim went off on Gretchen? I think in that instance I disliked her more than Gretchen.

This is my first season watching, and I usually end up watching it "on demand" rather than when it first airs. I agree that Gretchen should have gone home...I sat in front of my tv yelling "Shut up already, Gretchen" but she kept on digging herself a deeper hole. It was fun to see Casanova win after his hissy fit...I am loving this show and Tim Gunn is so funny!!!!

FORT Fan

So Michael, tell us, how did that bus feel?

Or rather, how did it feel when that demonic creature from the seventh layer of Hell crawled up from the bowels of hell's hearth and slithered into being only to spew an endless amount of gall and bile over you to save her own bony a$$?

I'm so sick and tired of Gretchen's voice and her ego... for once I agreed with Tim stepping in and telling the rest of the group of the wolf in their midst. Gretchen has overpowered the whole damn group it seems. She's arrogant and keeps hammering on and on and on about how amazing she is. She acts as if she's too damn good for this show, as if she knows more than the judges.

She loves the sound of her own voice, and it's bugging me out. When I see her sour wrinkled face appear on the screen I know it's going to be singing the same kind of wail she always produces. She's a great villain... but right now I just want to skip to the part where she's shedding her acidic tears after being eliminated, while a bunch of midgets dance and sing as she cleans up her workspace.
    Last edited by Cairon; 08-27-2010 at 05:24 PM.
    This is not a signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Allie;4049835;
    IT wont let me edit my post, so I'll add this: Isn't is funny how quickly IVY turned once Tim went off on Gretchen? I think in that instance I disliked her more than Gretchen.
    I was having the same problem but I found if you double click on the edit button it will let you edit.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by watts;4049779;
    Since Tim is on hiatus until the Emmy's no new log. But, really, was there any bullying? What I saw was Michael C. picking Gretchen on his team because she has won 2 challenges. And the others just nodding at her ideas (no one argued with her, no one even expressed their desire to do something else). And had I been there, I would have prolly done the same thing because she seems to be the frontrunner. What I don't like is Tim Gunn calling out Gretchen on something that didn't happen. OK, maybe a lot here would like her to be put in her place but she did not bully anyone. If anything, he should have called out the other designers for just putting their trust in one designer and losing their "mark" in the process. I think when the teams were decided, Gretchen thought that her style would clash with AJ's and Michael C's. And so doing pieces where a designer excels in was a good idea in hindsight. If Gretchen bullied the team, would she have let Ivy design her whole look? I thought she was spending too much time on the weak links that she missed the boat on other stuff. Also, Ivy showing Michael how to cut the cowl on the bias (even to the extent of doing a diagram) and him not understanding and doing it all wrong. And the other designers spending all their efforts trying to salvage his piece. The looks didn't come together because the collection seemed ambitious for 2 days (no time for fitting, re-proportioning, color issues, etc.). And I think several looks from the other collection helped it win (like Casanova's). But it just affirmed my belief that April has bad taste and Mondo over-designs.

I think you put it well. I don't think it's bullying when you just say your opinion of somebody's lack of skills. If Gretchen "bullied" anyone then so did Tim.

FORT Fan

I think that there are different ways to bully someone. There is the classic ordering around do what I say, but there is also bullying by being dismissive of other people. In both of these cases it is a do what I say or there will be trouble. With being dismissive towards others the bully puts others in a position to have to fight constant battles (even if they are all small verbal battles) to get their opinions considered. It wears a person out and is made worse if the bully has an enabler (i.e. Ivy) in the group situation. This is the type of bullying I think Gretchen was doing. I loved Tim's smackdown of the whole group of them and was sorry that the person who seemed to rise above it at the end by refusing to criticize Michael was the one who was sent home. However I do think that he was the weakest designer on this particular challenge and deserved to go home.

In my entire life I don't think I've heard a more annoying "uptalker" than Valerie. It takes a special level of annoyingness to uptalk single syllable words like "it" (or as Valerie says "iyIIIITTTT").

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by volatility;4049448;
    The one thing I was SO upset about was how Gretchen stated that they weren't going to throw anyone under the bus and then BAM... Everyone threw Michael C under the bus. That was just BS. I hate her!! Ugh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;4049450;
    Tim Gunn has only risen higher in my eyes. Thank you for telling off Team Luxe. I can't wait to listen to his Vlog on Facebook.

My sentiments exactly!

Have to add that AJ did score points with me when he said something to the effect that he could only blame (or point fingers at) himself. Kudos for not throwing Michael under the bus for a final time.

I don't understand all the hate for him. From what I've seen, he appears to be the most likable.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

+ Reply to Thread