+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 7/29 Season Premiere Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 7/29 Season Premiere Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I couldn't believe "stapled backward kimono" didn't go home! And he knew he was close to going...that's why he didn't correct them when they said they could see the "pins". And even I could make capris from pants ;-)

I'm sorry McKell went home...I would have like to have seen more from her.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Yes, kimono guy and Casanova should have been gone. But it's great that Project Runway is back!!!!
    Warning . . . I have a black belt in Facebook, and I'm not afraid to use it!

I can't stand the judges' decision already and technically it hadn't even officially started yet. Casanova should have gone home for that atrocity he sent down the runway, he should not have been given extra time to finish up, and because his name was fraudulent to his appearance. I feel he's another Ping that will stay around when he shouldn't ... like this episode. Kimono guy should have gone home because it was awful. Pants girl should have gone home because she didn't make anything except a totally tacky shirt. McKell was robbed, at least she worked with her garment and it definitely was not the worst of the lot.

I miss Models of the Runway, but did catch and enjoy Austin and Santino.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

What, nobody mentioned Kor's hilarious comments on Casanova?

"...it's this strange mix of things. She's like a mother of the bride whose a bellydancer. I'm mean she's sexaholic but she's conservative. I don't know who she is. She's a pole dancer in Dubai."

Quote Originally Posted by Endit;4016176;

"...it's this strange mix of things. She's like a mother of the bride whose a bellydancer. I'm mean she's sexaholic but she's conservative. I don't know who she is. She's a pole dancer in Dubai."
    They should have a drummer in a cheesy tux next to him to do rimshots.

Finally saw the ep last night -- overall I'm encouraged. The extra time helps, because we saw more of the workroom process, and we got to know the designers a little better than in past years. Plus Tim gets to have more camera time where he gives his opinions and insights. I hope they let Heidi, Michael and Nina do the same. They were extra frank and bitchy during judging, but for some reason I liked it, maybe because they were also on the nose with their comments.

I don't have as much of a problem with McKell being the only one going. Casanova is a character (although not as much of one as the show would have hoped), and I'm sure he'll be gone in the next few weeks too. I would have preferred Ivy and her unchanged pants to go as well, and/or maybe fraidy-cat Nicholas. His constant nervous apologizing and thank-you's during judging turned me off.

I think the format is as strong as ever, thanks to the extra time. I hope they use the time just as well when there aren't that many designers left down the road...
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FORT Newbie

I think they're keeping Ivy around because she's arrogant and conceited and a villian is needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Endit;4016176;

That was funny! He has some great one liners!

I, too, was flabbergasted by the judging. McKell definitely did not deserve to go over Jason with his reversed kimono. Casanova also had a worse piece, but I didn't see the judges letting go of either him or Ivy--they're shaping up to be the characters of this season. However, I see no excuse of keeping Jason over McKell. Is it to fill in the token straight guy role?
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;4017717;
    I, too, was flabbergasted by the judging. McKell definitely did not deserve to go over Jason with his reversed kimono. Casanova also had a worse piece, but I didn't see the judges letting go of either him or Ivy--they're shaping up to be the characters of this season. However, I see no excuse of keeping Jason over McKell. Is it to fill in the token straight guy role?
    Agreed on everything you just said. McKell's dress was not the best, but I don't think it was the worst either, she most definitely shouldn't have gone home, and she did a better job than any of those other three that could've gone home before her. They definitely kept Jason, Ivy and Casanova (I can't defend this guy for being local) just for characters. I really liked how Tim assured McKell that he stood by his opinion of liking the dress after she was eliminated, he's always a great guy.

My early favorites right now are Gretchen, Andy, Peach, Valerie and Mondo (just cause something about him is hilarious besides how he dresses). I hope all five of them are in it for the long run.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Rembrant;4018077;
    My early favorites right now are Gretchen, Andy, Peach, Valerie and Mondo (just cause something about him is hilarious besides how he dresses). I hope all five of them are in it for the long run.
    I like your choices except for Peach. Her taste screams granny hick to me (remember that she brought "Ivy's pants" to wear on the show). It screams DRESS BARN!!! to me. She's at best a mall designer in a typical suburban area. On the fence about Michael Drummond and Jason Troisi (yes, he's got taste but I'm worried that he might not be a good/fast sewer). Valerie shows promise but she needs to get away from Leanne Marshall's "petal" construction. Not that I don't like Leanne (in fact, I love Leanne Marshall and I think she's the best of all the winners, better than Christian Siriano) but it looks like she's just copying from her. But her "Casanova-$1070-Dolce-pant dress" looked good and her sewing skills seem great considering the < 5hrs alloted. My top 2, though, are Gretchen and Andy (both going to NYFW and Gretchen winning).
    Last edited by watts; 08-01-2010 at 05:10 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast