Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Project Runway Season 8 - News & Speculation

Project Runway Season 8 - News & Speculation

Start discussing S8! Please put any spoiler information in
    Click to see Spoiler:
    spoiler tags

--------------------------------------------------

From Tim Gunn's Facebook wall today:
    I'm thrilled to announce that we begin taping Project Runway Season 8 in New York City THIS WEEKEND! I hope this season we will see incredible talent, innovation and creativity. I also hope we'll see a little less Sturm und Drang!
    Hooray! No Los Angeles! At least not at first...
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Re: Project Runway Season 8 - News & Speculation

More good season 8 news:

Heidi article below says that Season 8 will premiere the end of July and the episodes will run 1 1/2 hours. Yay!

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...,1001545.story
    Ain't Love Grand!

FORT Fogey

It starts so soon? Is that normal? I am really excited about it.

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe;3938072;
    It starts so soon? Is that normal? I am really excited about it.
    Me too!

They are filming now and I bet they will be soon sending the finalists home to work on their spring fashion week collections held in the fall while the show is airing and then film the finale during fashion week like they normally do.

Project Runway air dates are sometimes close together and sometimes a couple of years apart...mixed bag...
    Ain't Love Grand!

I guess that will give the finalists just under 2 months to do their collections. It's a shorter time than usual, but at least they won't have to have so many decoy collections this time, since the episodes will actually time out to coincide with Fashion Week for once. I don't think that's happened since season 3.

It will be strange seeing Fashion Week at a new location -- it's on the grounds of Lincoln Center now, since Bryant Park kicked them out.
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3938233;
    I guess that will give the finalists just under 2 months to do their collections. It's a shorter time than usual, but at least they won't have to have so many decoy collections this time, since the episodes will actually time out to coincide with Fashion Week for once. I don't think that's happened since season 3.

It will be strange seeing Fashion Week at a new location -- it's on the grounds of Lincoln Center now, since Bryant Park kicked them out.
    Yes, it will be weird indeed...
    Ain't Love Grand!

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3938233;

Wow - I live in NY and didn't know that! What happened to make them get kicked out of Bryant Park?

There was a slow cold war brewing between the park's management and Fashion Week's management, because people would complain that the only park in Midtown was being closed off to the public so often for a private function. Finally Bryant Park sided with the complainers, and Fashion Week will now take over Lincoln Center's courtyard instead.

NY Times 2/2/09: A New Home for New York Fashion Week (may need to register to read article)
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

My summer is full to the brim, now. With addition of PR at the end of July, I'll be knee deep in BB, close to finishing up Work of Art and Design Star and in the homestretch with The Bachelorette. Whew.

WOW! A full hour and a half. More drama, but I hope, also, more viewing of the process of design.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fogey

I love that it'll go another 30 minutes...will we still get the Models of the Runway? I liked being able to see more of the models, but would also like to see more of what they are doing to learn and prepare, not just hanging around.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast