+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 4/22 Finale Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: 4/22 Finale Show Discussion **Spoilers**

It struck me what a beautiful woman Maya is, on this show. Her face-framing haircut is amazing on her! It's like it was created JUST for her!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by StarryElf;3884221;
    So glad Seth Aaron won! IMHO it wasn't even a contest, Seth Aaron's collection was the best. I was surprised that I liked Mila's collection more than I thought I would. I did not like Emilio's collection at all. His gown was very pretty but the rest was very bland and boring pieces just done in bright red and turquoise, and that greenish color he liked so much looked like pea soup puke to me.
    Totally agree. Emilio couldn't pick any worse color combination in the color wheel! I think Mila should have been 2nd but I'm stoked that Seth won. Jay btw, should have taken Emilio's place.

I just read from other posts above that there was no 3rd or 2nd place. But in all likelihood, Mila was actually 2nd place and Emilio was pitted against Seth for more drama because they wanted Emilio to squirm some more to make him think that he would win it knowing his arrogance and false sense of self-entitlement ("The king is not always the winner."....LOL, the king? No way, but I can accept "the queen").

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe;3885472;
    I just read from other posts above that there was no 3rd or 2nd place. But in all likelihood, Mila was actually 2nd place and Emilio was pitted against Seth for more drama because they wanted Emilio to squirm some more to make him think that he would win it knowing his arrogance and false sense of self-entitlement ("The king is not always the winner."....LOL, the king? No way, but I can accept "the queen").
    That is exactly what Tim said on his video blog.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Kao

Surprisingly, I liked a lot of Emilio's clothes once I saw them in motion. That red dress was flattering to all bust sizes, and the first outfit was lovely. I especially liked the cut of the chartreuse coat and the way it flowed. What slipped him up was the fact that it didn't have enough couture coming though; it was a RTW line, ready to be shipped to the stores. Lovely RTW, but what you can find at any high-end department store. I also think that he got too wrapped up in trying to think of what the judges would like best and what would give him the win rather than doing what he does; make beautiful clothes. Because despite his off moments (that horrible swimsuit) when he was "on" he created some lovely things on this show.

I think some of Emilio's arrogance comes from a place of insecurity. He didn't have a pleasant personality on the show but I hated seeing him so crushed and defeated looking at the end. Because if Seth Aaron had lost he probably would have been disappointed but he wouldn't have been devastated; he has a way of making the best of every situation and has a loving wife and supportive children. The same with Mila; while she was disappointed her she knows that WHO she is isn't the same as WHAT she does. I don't think Emilio has learned this yet.

As for the reunion, with the notable exceptions of Mila (who was very gracious) and Emilio somewhat (because he humbly accepted Nina's explanation of why he didn't win, and sternly told Jay to apologize to that model) and Seth (who was happy without gloating and was smart enough to simply sit there with his mouth shut) what Lifetime chose to show was shameful. We didn't even get to hear from a good portion of the contestants. Instead of being treated to lighthearted clips of some of the fun moments that didn't get aired on the show and the cast reminiscing about some of their fave moments, we got a balls-to-the-wall old-fashioned shade-throwing cut session that was nasty to watch and will probably hit quite a few of them where it hurts. Jay and Anthony need to learn how to filter what goes from brain to mouth, Ping needs to grow a set and toughen up, and that model needs to learn that trashing a designer (especially one you've never worked with) is a good way to end up on the unemployment line. Maya disgusted me because she started the whole ball rolling when she sent some zingers Jay's way about his trashbag outfit, then sat back and smirked when the model chimed in and the hot mess that happened afterwards. I had her pegged as one of those silent but vindictive types, changed my mind over the course of the show because I liked her clothes so much and was very sad to see that maybe I was right in my initial assessment.

This reunion show should be required viewing for future contestants as an example on how NOT to act if you want a client base after the show is over. So much hate.

Emilio's egotistic nature is evident by his insistence of putting his name in his clothing collection. Most of his wins were in fact not deserving. Judges have made mistakes in choosing the winner and a couple of them with Emilio. This gave Emilio a false sense of entitlement and inflated his arrogance. The higher you go up your pedestal the more it will hurt when you fall. That's why Emilio bawled after he lost. And what would be better to stick it to him by putting him as 1st runner-up.

BTW, of all the 10 collections that was shown in Bryant Park, Jay's was the favorite by most. He actually could have won PR7 if they chose him over Mila.

Project Runway Season 7 New York Fashion Week Show - Heard on the Runway - WSJ

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe;3885510;
    Emilio's egotistic nature is evident by his insistence of putting his name in his clothing collection.
    Yeah - how does that usually go? Do people like Tommy Hilfiger usually make a name before they fabricate their name?

Or is putting the cart before the horse more usual than it might seem. For Emilio it seems a bit ahead of things.

I didn't understand when the judges kept praising Emilio's past work. Wasn't there more than one occasion when they had serious issues with it? I had that surreal feeling where, what I saw, isn't what someone else saw at all. I kept thinking, which season were the judges talking about? String bikini anyone?

Too bad it couldn't have been Jay or Anthony in Emilio's place. But, I do agree with Nina, when he "Does feminine" - that black, white and red dress, or the finale gown - he's world class.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe;3885510;
    BTW, of all the 10 collections that was shown in Bryant Park, Jay's was the favorite by most. He actually could have won PR7 if they chose him over Mila.
    I guess Jay is this season's Kara Janx.

Jay was horrible. Emilio was horrible. Mila and Seth Aaron were the right ones to put in the top 2.

There were several missteps in the judging, I think far more than any season of PR:

I don't get how this cockroach look by Mila won.

http://www.marieclaire.com/cm/mariec...n-10151025.jpg

This design gone awry by Jonathan should have been eliminated.

http://www.marieclaire.com/cm/mariec...de-4570484.jpg

If he wasn't a judges favorite, Emilio should have been gone in Episode 7 after concocting one of the worst designs in PR history with the metal washer macrame bikini where his model was practically naked. To top it, he lied to the judges on why he made this disastrous bikini.

http://www.marieclaire.com/cm/mariec...5-50679286.jpg

The Hershey kiss dress was ugly too but at least Jesse clothed his model and had a complete product.

Amy totally missed the mark in the next challenge with that bowl of hair to make it look like fire concept in her design. It was an awful one yet she escaped elimination.

http://www.marieclaire.com/cm/mariec...de-6694350.jpg

The next challenge, Emilio and Seth were paired where Emilio is the leader. The end products were actually more Seth than Emilio. The gown that was supposedly Emilio's design won despite its utter simplicity (the only thing interesting about it was the zipper) but Seth's strong dress-for-less design ultimately carried both looks and won the judges which gave them a double win. Seth had to share this win with Emilio because ES was the leader.

http://www.marieclaire.com/cm/mariec...de-6683492.jpg

The blatant favoritism is obvious with the next win by ES where he made a print of his name that looked more like ES loves SA. It was the least creative that was made in the contest. Maya's or Seth's designs and creative prints should have won. I'm quite surprised by this decision.

http://www.marieclaire.com/cm/mariec...e-29093708.jpg

That almost win by Maya made her question herself. She thought she had it won after giving her all with this challenge but her confidence took a blow, thinking that she may not be ready for Bryant Park because she's not winning the judges. Her ambition was to win it all but she came upon a reality for herself that she was still not good enough to achieve that. So she quit.

I think the loser of this print challenge should have been Mila. For starters, the print was amateurish, 2nd, the dress was quite ugly, and thirdly, her model was having difficulty walking in it because of bad fitting.

http://www.marieclaire.com/cm/mariec...e-36310173.jpg

The next challenge was the least impressive show. Most of the designs were boring and I can't believe that judges didn't even comment on Emilio's giant hook loop in his design. It was very distracting yet they love the dress. I was waiting for them to say that they wanted to tear it off the dress.

http://www.marieclaire.com/cm/mariec...de-6694350.jpg

I still think Jay should have been in the Final 3 instead of Mila or even Emilio who were supposed to be eliminated in the weeks prior based on my reviews above.

Jay Nicholas Sario from Project Runway really did show his collection at Bryant Park after all

He actually could have won. His collection was the best among the top 10 who presented at Bryant Park.
    Last edited by jammyjoe; 04-25-2010 at 03:02 PM.

+ Reply to Thread