+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 3/18 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

old cow

Re: 3/18 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by StarryElf;3858505;
    Loved Seth Aaron's outfit. I would wear all of his clothes if I could.
    Even the Jiffy Pop hat? Ok sorry, but i do have one complaint about S.A.'s design. I didn't notice this until i saw it on TLo but the hat S.A. made for his model is just soooo.........puffy. It looks deflated. I mean i love the plaid pattern but what? Why is it so.....puffy?

Other than that loved it.

old cow

Quote Originally Posted by watts;3858369;
    Wow! So Valeria was booked by DKNY for a campaign(?). SPOILER!!!
    Click to see Spoiler:
    She's going to leave next episode because in NYFW she was paired with Janeane. So there's no falling out between her and SA. But we still don't know why Maya didn't show in NYFW.
    I looked at S.A.'s collection again
    Click to see Spoiler:
    and it looks like Kristian is Seth Aaron's model for NYFW so i guess thats who he chooses to replace Valeria. No word on Maya's situation yet gosh darn it

OK, my opinion on the designs by team:

1. Seth Aaron and Emilio - Loved both dresses, and both fit Harlem. Would've liked a little more detail in Emilio's dress (maybe just a hint of gold embroidery) and a little toning back of Seth Aaron's details (he did have a little too much going on in the back of the jacket), but they both were deserving of the win.

2. Mya and Anthony - Loved both outfits, and the details were subtle. They fit Chinatown without really screaming it (Something I was worried about). Biggest complaint was on Anthony's - we love you guy, but this dress would've been better if you stepped out of your comfort zone again and did it in another color than black and grey. Maybe a deep red and the grey or complimentary origami. Still, you guys got great ideas out of here.

3. Jay and Mila - Jay's was very badly made, especially the tank. He at least attempted to step out of his comfort zone and do something different - good or bad, he did try. Mila's was nice, but it was a more subtle and cloth version of her hardware challenge look to me. She needs to stop color blocking - it really makes her one note.

4. Jonathan and Amy - oh boy, where do I start (thinks, just KISS). Amy's was right to go home - good idea, been better in another color and a dress. Execution was weak, and earned her the auf this week. Jonathan's was good idea, I agree with the judges on the side panels being the wrong color (I shouted "SNAKE!" when I first saw it), and again, a weak execution for it. He was lucky to get immunity, though I still think that Amy would've been aufed and Jay would've been bottom two.

Not quite as interesting as other challenges - I hope they start kicking it up a notch.

Ger

I really liked Amy so was wanting Jay to go home.
    Both outfits were bad

At this point I'm wondering why the judges haven't called out Mila for being a "one note" designer? She keeps doing black & white and color blocking ad nauseum.

Quote Originally Posted by ASassyKat;3858648;
    At this point I'm wondering why the judges haven't called out Mila for being a "one note" designer? She keeps doing black & white and color blocking ad nauseum.
    They did last week with the elements challenge, but apparently Mila didn't get (or want to get) it, so she did it again this week. Personally, I'm growing very tired of Mila being one note. Yes, we've seen some people stick to dresses or do well made coats a lot (Seth Aaron comes to mind here), but they still show a versatility and variety in design, shape, color and detail. Mila's you could almost cookie cutter the designs with different materials but they're still color blocked and geometric designs.

At least with Amy, you had a variety of designs, even if badly executed last two times.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock;3858612;
    OK, my opinion on the designs by team:

1. Seth Aaron and Emilio - Loved both dresses, and both fit Harlem. Would've liked a little more detail in Emilio's dress (maybe just a hint of gold embroidery) and a little toning back of Seth Aaron's details (he did have a little too much going on in the back of the jacket), but they both were deserving of the win.

2. Mya and Anthony - Loved both outfits, and the details were subtle. They fit Chinatown without really screaming it (Something I was worried about). Biggest complaint was on Anthony's - we love you guy, but this dress would've been better if you stepped out of your comfort zone again and did it in another color than black and grey. Maybe a deep red and the grey or complimentary origami. Still, you guys got great ideas out of here.

3. Jay and Mila - Jay's was very badly made, especially the tank. He at least attempted to step out of his comfort zone and do something different - good or bad, he did try. Mila's was nice, but it was a more subtle and cloth version of her hardware challenge look to me. She needs to stop color blocking - it really makes her one note.

4. Jonathan and Amy - oh boy, where do I start (thinks, just KISS). Amy's was right to go home - good idea, been better in another color and a dress. Execution was weak, and earned her the auf this week. Jonathan's was good idea, I agree with the judges on the side panels being the wrong color (I shouted "SNAKE!" when I first saw it), and again, a weak execution for it. He was lucky to get immunity, though I still think that Amy would've been aufed and Jay would've been bottom two.

Not quite as interesting as other challenges - I hope they start kicking it up a notch.
    I don't think anyone had immunity this week.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ASassyKat;3858648;
    I know! My daughter walked in while I was watching and said, "She is NOT actually doing another black and white outfit, is she?" I'm shocked the judges haven't said anything yet!

I was glad Amy left. I really thought she should have went last week for that awful hairy monstrosity!

Quote Originally Posted by echo226;3858789;
    I don't think anyone had immunity this week.
    No more - Jonathan received immunity after last week's (the elements) challenge.

Now, everyone is on their own and it's either put up or be cut out of the competition.

Emilio is a mega-jerk. He is a king Kamehameha jerk. I know the producers will make things worse though editing, but nobody is putting words in his mouth. For all we know, it could be like Kathy Griffin said about the excuse "I was edited that way." Her response: If anything, they make me look nicer. I love Anthony, but he just isn't a true designer that can do something crazy. He is just too focused in making everything pretty and wearable. Nothing wrong with that, but this show does not reward that in the long run. Thank my viscera he is so entertaining.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast