+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2/4 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

FORT Fogey

Re: 2/4 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Anna's dress made her model even bigger and the flesh tone at the neckline and shoulders made it look like two oven mitts covering her bossoms. And Jesse made his model look frumpy and matronly with that jacket, cause the dress underneath looked OK. And what's up with Emilio talking smack about the other designers and coming up with a mess. I'm so glad that Amy took back his model.

I like the winner'S dress and Anthony's dress would have been great had he picked better material. I mean it did look good on the lady. But all the other dresses were hideous. Mila's dress with those big ol stars looked cheap. Maya dress I couldn't quite figure out. It had too many things going on with the gold color and don't get me started on the soup purse. It didn't match the dress. I like Emillo but boy did he get on my nerves talking about everybody's dress and his wasn't no better. It made her look cutoff.

Can't wait for next week's show, but I think Anthony's is in the bottom AGAIN!!!!

Jesus is adorable (he should eat something though), but you just knew his days were numbered, and I don't think they were going to send another woman out after three in a row, even though Anna's design and construction were hideous. I don't agree with Michael Kors that taste is something you are born with. Jesus is young, and if he is critical about his deficiencies, he can develop good taste. He might never become a Jay McCarroll or Christian Siriano who I think had a great taste to start with (but then again they were way more talented than Jesus) but he can become a better designer and thus develop better taste. He already has great construction skills.

Love Seth's get up on judging day. It was geeky on top and punk on the bottom. Since last week he's become one of my favorites as a person. And that was a great save on his dress. I hope he lasts. I am getting a strong villainess vibe from Mila. There is something about her I don't like. And that dress was hideous on that lady. I guess it was graphically bold, and the judges were looking at it as something that would jump at you if you saw it in a magazine, but she looked like she was fighting with the Puerto Rican flag (and losing).

old cow

Quote Originally Posted by watts;3818867;
    Wow! That preview clip was so deceptive (it made it seem that Michael Kors was referring to Seth Aaron when he made the "checklist of everything tacky). I knew that Jesus was going (actually, it was pretty obvious who was in the bottom 3) even before the show and that Sarah was going for the models. I'm surprised that Heidi didn't do the 3-strikes-you're-out spiel like she did with Mitchell(?) last year. But you can tell that Jesus has bad taste from the website (anyone who checked the website would know he's got a twin brother, too). He needs a subsription to WWD quick!
    Sneaky, sneaky indeed--I was glad Seth Aaron was safe but yea the previews made it look like he was gonna be one of the 6 standing on the runway.

Oh yea I could see Jesus going home a mile away. He was so totally getting the loser edit last night. Between his Im so happy to still be here speech, his goal to make it to Bryant Park speech, and his speech about his mom oh yea he was a gonner. And if that didnt sell you what was that catastrophy he sent down the runway?! What a hoochie momma outfit! UGH tacky and so not age appropriate.

Dont get me wrong I like the guy and yea he was a cutie pie but meh just seemed like he was always in over his head with this competition.

old cow

Quote Originally Posted by busilis32;3818948;
    Love Seth's get up on judging day. It was geeky on top and punk on the bottom. Since last week he's become one of my favorites as a person. And that was a great save on his dress. I hope he lasts. I am getting a strong villainess vibe from Mila. There is something about her I don't like. And that dress was hideous on that lady. I guess it was graphically bold, and the judges were looking at it as something that would jump at you if you saw it in a magazine, but she looked like she was fighting with the Puerto Rican flag (and losing).
    OMG i didnt like Mila's dress either. I agree with Emilio it looked like a cheap flag at a parade. And speaking of Emilio does it seem to anyone else that he's getting a bit mean spirited? Idk, just kinda seemed like he was extra snippy this week...

I placed my dress comments in the Photo thread. But, I want to say that these designers took to the "regular" woman challenge better than previous seasons. I think it was only Jesus who thanked the stars that his model was a size 2. The others made adjustments to their mind sets and worked it out.

This was a worthy challenge and I'm glad PR has placed the winning design for sale on their website as a way to raise charity money.

My one true annoyance , and I'm noticing this every week, is that they spend too much time with the PIs and not enough showing the actual work. I realize it is only an hour and they have to get us interested in the designers through their stories and personalities, but I would like to see more of the design process.

Of course one of those PI's brought me a new "bit" for my sig line...so I guess I shouldn't complain.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

old cow

Hey Arielflies, this may be off topic but i LUV your signature line. I noticed that last nite as well when Seth Aaron said "i want my mommy" it was too cute and an unexpected thing for him to say.

And speaking of S.A., I must say I was little bummed by his design this week. Yeah it was good he was able to pull out a last minute dress but i just did not care for the red on top/black on the bottom dress. It looked like 2 seperate dresses sewn together. Still glad he was safe and still my fav. designer so far.

FORT Fogey

They liked Mila's dress? What?! Seth Aaron is definitely Jeffery Sebila in disguise. He doesn't like designing for actual people.

I must be in the minority - I liked Mila's dress. The star on the skirt probably didn't need to be THAT large, but it was a nice different dress to the usual red dress with the heart on the lapel that you see on the pins for this awareness week.

That said, I loved Amy's dress too and was glad she won. It just had that show stopping grace and flow. I'd liked it better with straps, but here it just worked.

Seth Aaron's - well, as I didn't give Jesus a break here I have to quibble. He didn't correctly follow the challenge with the black skirt. However, his was probably given a little more pass given that the soup brand does use a fair amount of black in their outfits too. Still, to totally redesign an outfit in two hours, and to make the design better IMHO (as pretty as it was, I think the Grecian outfit would've landed him in bottom three or close), it was good.

Was glad Anthony was safe this week - I liked his outfit quite well, and the jacket was better than Jesse's by a landslide IMHO. Loved his little "Yes" fists clenched slight swing down as he left the stage. It was so cute.

Anna's dress would've been nicer and kept her out of the bottom two IMHO had it not had the beige insert. Either the Campbell's fabric or a nice shade of red would've worked well (though I'd probably gone black to give it the contrast she was going after).

Jesse was saved due to the neckline that was hidden - I think he'd been in the bottom two with Jesus had he not had that nice neckline that worked with the woman's face. Dress was lovely, jacket fugly.

Couple of dresses had me go "Wha?" as far as the bouncy white neckline on one and the couple that indeed looked like safe prom dresses - particularly Jay, who I felt should've been in bottom three and probably would've had Anna not used beige in her dress. the bottom half seemed so ill-fitting.

Maya had a good idea - I think the draping execution wasn't done well. It also looks oddly brown to me.

Jesus - Was going to give it the benefit of the doubt, but seeing his model was quite old, the dress was definitely inappropriate for her age. I actually liked the back on this dress and the side inset idea, but it was the wrong fabric for sure and just too many eye motions - so much so I felt my eyes had seizures (then again, my eyes were sore after having them dialated and the medicine needing to wear off).

Wasn't too bad as far as gimmick wear, and I'm glad that at least the top three would've had a dress worthy of being sold online to raise money for the charity.

I did not like the star dress at all and thought it looked kind of cheap. Not as bad as the bottom two, mind you, but not top three in my mind.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast