+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 1/14 Season 7 Premiere Discussion **SPOILERS**

1/14 Season 7 Premiere Discussion **SPOILERS**

Have you been humming "I'm back -- back in the New York groove!" lately, like me?

Please keep all discussion in this thread until 2AM ET / 11PM PT.

Season 7! Here we go!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Re: 1/14 Season 7 Premiere Discussion **SPOILERS**

So good to see the Atlas, Bryant Park...sigh.

First challenge is like the season 4 premiere -- they are running around Bryant Park grabbing bolts of Mood fabric; this time, they have to choose only 5 fabrics from what they took to bring back to Parsons.

So far everyone is pretty much what we thought they'd be in the contestant threads, LOL.
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

I just got home. What was the challenge, MFW?
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Nicole Richie seemed kind of quiet -- I thought she'd have more to say. I guess she got heavily edited.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Emilio won for his pretty purple dress.

Christiane and Jesus were the bottom two, Christiane was the first to go home (which seemed like the wrong decision to me, but oh well).

Anthony is going to be a lot of fun, but he doesn't know when to shut up. In fact Heidi gave him a little verbal b****slap on the runway for babbling!
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FORT Fogey

- THANKS to FORT for providing us with pictures and names of the contestants. I really need and appreciate that for a good couple of weeks!
    - There are loads of great designers whose work I already fell in love with. Can't wait to see more of many of them.
    - The wrong person went home tonight. The guy with the wine cooler on the hip should have gone first. Her 1st dress wasn't the greatest, but I liked the pictures Christiane's work at the beginning of the show and would like to have seen more. I get no such inclination with Anthony's work.
    - Still a little disappointed in the show's need for drama. I suppose Anthony does make for good tv (at least for a week or two).

FORT Newbie

Christiane and Jesus got the lowest scores. Is it a coincidence or is there an anti-religious undertone? hmm

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3797202;
    Emilio won for his pretty purple dress.

Christiane and Jesus were the bottom two, Christiane was the first to go home (which seemed like the wrong decision to me, but oh well).

Anthony is going to be a lot of fun, but he doesn't know when to shut up. In fact Heidi gave him a little verbal b****slap on the runway for babbling!
    That dress reminded me of Suede's strip dress. Not impressed. And Anthony's dress copied the wine rack bow from Anna's dress (The Fashion Show). And I agree that Christiane's dress was worse than Jesus. Although those in the bottom 3 are (for sure) fillers for the show. They're not top 3 material. So it didn't really matter who went but Anthony was surely a hoot so glad he stayed!

FORT Fogey

I was not happy with the results. I had high hopes for Christiane. After last season, I was really pulling for someone who is not afraid of color. Jesus should have gone home. His dress was so uninspiring. That look is straight out of the 90s. Emilio's was not my favorite but I think he put some of the designers to shame with his craftsmanship. Good for him. Ping's work was a mess and Seth is copying Jeffrey Sebilia.

Liked:
    Jonathan
    Ben (but pointy shoulders is not very original)
    Emilio
    Amy (but it looked like something Leanne already made)
    Maya

Mixed:
    Jay
    Pamela
    Christiane
    Janeane
    Mila
    Anthony

Fail:
    Seth - I noticed that was a Jeffrey Sebilia knockoff.
    Jesus
    Jesse
    Ping
    Anna (cheap cheap cheap)

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe;3797319;
    Ping's work was a mess and Seth is copying Jeffrey Sebilia.

Fail:
    Seth - I noticed that was a Jeffrey Sebilia knockoff.
    At least it was well-made unlike Sebelia's wonky craftsmanship. I'm still dubious that he made his final collection, which didn't match the unfinished and home-made looking clothes he did during the season.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast