+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Models of the Runway - Season 2

Re: Models of the Runway - Season 2

Valeria is so invisible. The editors never show her, unless it's a confessional about Seth Aaron picking her again.

Sad that Alexis is gone. I really didn't understand why she thought it was a game, but it kept it interesting nonetheless.

For some reason, I like Allison. She seems like a really sweet girl, and I actually like her as a model. She's not the conventional kind of pretty, but that's what makes her unique. I want Amy to pick her again, 'cause I love it when my favorite designer picks my favorite model.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Valeria should have taken the DKNY job. I cannot believe she stayed. That is a big move and a lot money, and I was really hoping for Seth Aaron to say something like "I know you want me to be as successful as possible, and I want the same for you, even if that means I'm not there, so go." But nothing was said... so disappointed in both of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Endit;3863344;
    Valeria should have taken the DKNY job. I cannot believe she stayed. That is a big move and a lot money, and I was really hoping for Seth Aaron to say something like "I know you want me to be as successful as possible, and I want the same for you, even if that means I'm not there, so go." But nothing was said... so disappointed in both of them.
    Awww. She stayed? Then even more SA for the win! But what was the teaser they kept on showing on her telling SA no? What that a cut-job on editing for a teaser and it didn't play out like that on the show???

Who went home? Man, I wish I didn't have to get up early tomorrow. ARG!

I wonder if they both knew she was staying beforehand and it played out in front of the camera????

Quote Originally Posted by Allie;3863377;
    Awww. She stayed? Then even more SA for the win! But what was the teaser they kept on showing on her telling SA no? What that a cut-job on editing for a teaser and it didn't play out like that on the show???
    What a stupid decision on her part, always take the sure money! There is no guarantee she will win this thing. And yes, it probably was an editing teaser. Much like the one before where they said that the models partying got out of hand, showed an ambulance, and said one of them didn't make it back.

Then they never showed it!

I was baffled for a bit after that and rewound to make sure I didn't miss the mysterious ambulance that never appeared or was mentioned again other than in a preview clip.

I'd like to know who went home as well because I haven't watched it yet.

That was really dumb, although project runway definitely offers a lot of exposure (Tara from season 2 snabbed a Maybelline campaign with Adrianna Lima and she didn't even win, she wasn't in top three)

But yeah, Valeria made a bad decision...isnt she one of the girls that had a crush on Seth Aaron? Maybe that had a little influence on the situation...

Quote Originally Posted by Endit;3863344;
    That is how I thought it would play out too. I thought that SA would tell Valeria to take the other job. My understanding is that it was just a one-shot deal with DKNY (one show, high profile client, big money) and maybe Valeria is thinking staying with SA and hopefully making it to Top Three with him is a better opportunity in the long run ? That would be pretty "high profile" and as for the money, I presume the models get paid for every week they stay on the show and if their designer wins they win too, so maybe dollar-wise it could add up to more ?

It was played for the drama of possibly "saving" one of the other girls, and her loyalty to SA. But let's face it, it's not like SA's success is contingent on Valeria modeling his designs. This move on her part almost obligates him to stay with her.
    Last edited by echo226; 03-26-2010 at 12:51 PM.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

That was stupid of Valeria to give up a great opportunity to advance her career for modeling for DKNY. What if Seth gets auf'ed or another designer steals her and she doesn't make it to Bryant Park? JMO.

I have been SO upset about the MOTR results the last couple of weeks. I am very sad that Johnathon's model left this week. She was one of my favorites left. I don't understand why people keep picking Brandise and Brittney. Sorry to be so harsh, but to me Brandise just looks old and worn out and Brittney is homely with terrible skin. The only one left that I really like is Monique.

old cow

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;3863594;
    I have been SO upset about the MOTR results the last couple of weeks. I am very sad that Johnathon's model left this week. She was one of my favorites left. I don't understand why people keep picking Brandise and Brittney. Sorry to be so harsh, but to me Brandise just looks old and worn out and Brittney is homely with terrible skin. The only one left that I really like is Monique.
    Ok so what I don't understand is this
    Click to see Spoiler:
    during NYFW Seth Aaron has Kristian in his collection, not Valeria. At least that's how i remember it, and i dont really remember Valeria being in anyone's collection honestly. Sooo what happens?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by raisinthesun;3863622;
    Ok so what I don't understand is this
    Click to see Spoiler:
    during NYFW Seth Aaron has Kristian in his collection, not Valeria. At least that's how i remember it, and i dont really remember Valeria being in anyone's collection honestly. Sooo what happens?
    Spoiler alert!
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Valeria was Janeane's model which is wack because if she gave up that job (and according to Heidi a lot of moolah) to be with SA to final 3, she screwed up along the way and ended up in the worst NYFW collection from this season's designers. It also guarantees that Jonathan didn't make top 3 because he had Cerri in NYFW. And Jonathan screwed up a good rapport with Cerri (who defended him) by picking Brandise (who was Mila's model in NYFW). Making Mila save Kristina (SA's NYFW model) making SA still in the running for top 3, so there could still be a Valeria-SA falling out in the next shows. So how it all ends up this way, I would want to find out. BTW, Monique was Anthony's NYFW model so she doesn't win as well. Isn't there a spoiler for the next episode where Tim Gunn comes in the work area and announces bad news? Maybe this will explain Maya's circumstances during NYFW.

+ Reply to Thread