+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Models of the Runway - Season 2

FORT Fogey

Re: Models of the Runway - Season 2

Quote Originally Posted by NFL1;3819082;
    MAYBE even the judges determine the worst model each week who goes home (based on how they walk, do NOT sell the garment, or look bored and don't support the designer's appeal on the judges panel). I would not want it to be based on how the model looks in the garment though, that's the designer's fault. Each model should have to work it!
    In this scenario - if the judges pick a model to go, the designers should have a veto - if they really want to keep someone...

I think the judges should be the ones to auf the worst model, then let the designers pick the ones left. Let it be a competition for the models, where they have a chance even with an awful designer.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

NFL1 - I really like your ideas about how this show could work. It would be a whole lot more interesting.

I am fed up with Alexis. She annoys me to no end and I think she looks like a halibut.

I too don't like Alexis but I don't hate her. The main problem I think everybody has with her is that she's talking about it like a game... um, seriously? This isn't any more of a game then when puppies try to impress customers in pet stores. YOU cannot decide your own fate if you're the model here. Sure you can get in good graces but that guarantees nothing and is basically standard protocol anyways, not a game with strategy. Perhaps if this was a real model competition, they'd be all over whats' going on, but not in a group setting! That is a recipe for disaster! And she says she loves when girls leave over and over... yes, we know! But soon it could be you and I bet she might turn into one of those "weak" people she wants to see in the house. I do not think she's as much of an attention whore as the other models say though... I think she likes the attention though but has to break into others' conversations since nobody will naturally talk about what she'd like to hear, so she has to force the subject to change.

I think there should be more walk offs or comparison of the models. Thank God Zulema won that challenge. The way she said it was so casual too, there wasn't a hint of self consciousness in the making her request which I think added to the surprise. Andre's face was like "HOLY CRAP! WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY!? *shocked*" and Heidi's was "Oh really!? That's juicy... why didn't we think of that!?"
    Last edited by Endit; 02-12-2010 at 07:27 AM.

Alexis is either being instructed to create trouble by the producers, or she is awfully stupid to be talking like that all the time. I can't stand her, but honestly, if she weren't there the show would be even more boring than last season. I like the idea of having the judges eliminate the models. And they should do more challenges like the Marie Claire photo shoot. I think if the designers had a more extensive portfolio of the models doing things like that, they could make more educated decisions. It could also help the models, even if they do not win. The longer you are there, the more pictures you would have.

The parallel between Alexis and Vienna (The Bachelor) is FREAKY. Both have mouths that run without edit and both think they are the cat's pajamas.

This whole episode was about Alexis as a disruptive influence in the house. Sound familiar, Bachelor fans?
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

When Alexis jutted her sharp chin in the air and flipped the collar of that shirt, making her "signature face," it looked so catalog. I don't think she'd still be around except that Jesse is just as rotten as she is, and "water seeks its own level."

FORT Newbie

I am sorry to see Kasey go. She really was a class act.

FORT Fogey

It would be a tell which designer is not in the final 3 with the model elimination tonight based on the designer-model pairings during NYFW.

FORT Fogey

Wow! Cerri and I are both "NOT child lovers". Hahaha! Anyway, was that Bre (from ANTM season 5) in that Garnier commercial?
    Last edited by watts; 02-19-2010 at 03:11 AM.

+ Reply to Thread