+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Models of the Runway - Season 2

Couture Connoisseur

Re: Models of the Runway - Season 2

Cerri was one of my favorite models, but I don't much care for Team Old vs. Team Young. I think Brandise has repeatedly proved that she's 33 going on 17, and when she's in the bottom it's emphasized... I don't really get her look that much - Lorena and Kristina both have the same pseudo-goth look that she does and at least their eyes open all the way!

I think that that Brandise's attitude comes from a place of insecurity. With Britney having originally been paired with Jesus and only being 18, I'm sure the older, more experienced models thought that she would have gone a long time ago. However, Jay is a very talented designer and I think that the other girls, Brandise in particular feel very threatened by a girl nearly half their age at the same point in the competition as them. It's a big reality check.

I think Emilio is smart for having grabbed Lorena, and I think Mila was stupid to let her go.

Not too surprised if some of the models are catty or jealous - that field seems to engender it unfortunately. And it's such an ageist field as well. How old is the oldest model in the competition?

Sad to see Cerri go, not once, but twice. But, I guess it's easier for the designers to sew quickly for those pipe cleaner shapes. I liked Cerri's sass.

(Saying that aloud it means something quite different than it should! Lol)

I really like Cerri and it stinks that she is gone again. I continue to be baffled that Brandise and Brittney keep getting picked. I don't think either one of them are attractive.

I hope Brandise goes next. She's immature and can be unkind.

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar

I'm not a Brandise fan either. I don't "get" her look. To me she is not pretty at all. From what we've seen of her, Brandise doesn't seem "pretty" on the inside either.
    My favorite model by far is Monique. I just love her look.
    I do think that Lorena has the typical, very marketable model look, but I prefer Monique's more approachable flirty/fun vibe.
    Last edited by jmb; 04-07-2010 at 07:58 AM.

I think there is a type of model, especially runway model, that has a more 'dramatic' look. Angular.

Sometimes even what the French call 'jolie laide' or - pretty in an ugly way. Lol.

I don't find any of them unattractive, but certainly some are more classically/conventionally pretty than others. What I dislike are the ones that have ugly personalities. Even if it does make for dramatic tension on a reality show.

old cow

Quote Originally Posted by jmb;3871962;
    I'm not a Brandise fan either. I don't "get" her look. To me she is not pretty at all. From what we've seen of her, Brandise doesn't seem "pretty" on the inside either.
    My favorite model by far is Monique. I just love her look.
    I do think that Lorena has the typical, very marketable model look, but I prefer Monique's more approachable flirty/fun vibe.

Honestly i LOVE Brandise. I think she is so pretty. She has kinda a tuff girl prettiness to her that is very attractive. Monique is pretty too but she's kinda pretty like Brittany is pretty--that girl-next-door kinda beauty. Honestly all the girls left are pretty and I don't mind Brandise's "attitude" one bit. She speaks her mind and not everyone has to get along.

Brandise is offbeat looking which will appeal to some designers plus she extremely tall and thin. I thought some of the ones that went early were the prettiest.

Brandise - I cannot stand her or her little group. They are so condescending of the other models and their hatred of Brittany is ridiculous and makes no sense to me. Have we seen anything at all from Brittany that would justify them saying she was a mean and hateful person? I haven't. Considering that all the other models seem to like her, I don't think she's all that bad. Maybe it's jealousy because they are past their prime while she isn't?

I will admit that Brandise seems to have that angular and somewhat ugly look that designers seem to love but her personality and attitude ruins it all for me.

Monique and Lorena are my favorites both for looks and personality.

old cow

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3872742;
    Brandise - I cannot stand her or her little group. They are so condescending of the other models and their hatred of Brittany is ridiculous and makes no sense to me. Have we seen anything at all from Brittany that would justify them saying she was a mean and hateful person? I haven't. Considering that all the other models seem to like her, I don't think she's all that bad. Maybe it's jealousy because they are past their prime while she isn't?

I will admit that Brandise seems to have that angular and somewhat ugly look that designers seem to love but her personality and attitude ruins it all for me.

Monique and Lorena are my favorites both for looks and personality.
    I really think Brandise was just standing up for her designer (Johnathan) when she started questioning Jay's look. And the fact that she's admited that her and Cerri don't like the younger girls attitude/personality. But to each their own.

Yeah I like Monique and Lorena as well. Its just for some reason Brittany just rubs me the wrong way

+ Reply to Thread