+ Reply to Thread

Thread: And the PR Season 6 Winner is... (Predictions)

And the PR Season 6 Winner is... (Predictions)

Trying to summon up some enthusiasm for the finale and wondered if anyone has a pick for the winner? Saw some mentions in other threads but thought it might be interesting to put up a dedicated thread.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Re: And the PR Season 6 Winner is... (Predictions)

I think it will be Irina.
    I want it to be Carol Hannah.

Who I want to win? - Carol Hannah.

Who will probably win? - Irina.

Who I wish could win (but can't) - Gordana, because I really didn't think Althea had a better overall portfolio and had a horrible final challenge prior to Bryant Park. IMHO, Althea went over Gordana because Heidi didn't like Gordana for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock;3753538;
    Who I want to win? - Carol Hannah.

Who will probably win? - Irina.

Who I wish could win (but can't) - Gordana, because I really didn't think Althea had a better overall portfolio and had a horrible final challenge prior to Bryant Park. IMHO, Althea went over Gordana because Heidi didn't like Gordana for some reason.
    Yup...that sums this season up PERFECTLY....

Just going on what we've seen on the show thus far, I think Irina is probably the winner. I also agree that Carol Hannah has produced some excellent designs and would like her to win if for no other reason than that she seems so much nicer than Irina. Looking at the glimpses we've seen of Carol Hannah's collection on the show thus far, though, it doesn't seem cohesive enough to be the winner. And usually I can't wait and look at the collections online prior to the finale but I haven't even done that yet!
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Kao

I don't think it's going to be Irina; there's been quite a bit of scandal regarding her lifting direct quotes from the "Reasons why I love New York" article in NY Mag for her T-shirts after Tim called her on her stolen "Conney Islund" design and I think they might call her out on it tonight as a very valid reason to not give her the win. Which is a shame because out of the three, I liked her collection the most. The win should go to Carol Hannah.

Thanks for this info, Kao -- I hadn't heard that yet but it makes sense. And the Conney Island thing was hilarious but this is even more outrageous b/c it's like she repeated the same mistake! I would love for Carol Hannah to win. Still haven't looked at the collections yet, though. Maybe I'll do it now -- only a half hour left for East Coasters. Or Easst Coassters as Irina would say on a T-Shirt.

ETA: I just looked at the collections and think Irina will and should win. Just much more cohesive. I wouldn't be unhappy at all if Carol Hannah pulls it out b/c she seems like such a great person and has talent. Althea has no chance but shouldn't have really been there in the first place.

I would have loved to have seen collections by Ra'mon, Epperson and Christopher!
    Last edited by chrisg; 11-19-2009 at 10:49 PM.

FORT Fogey

I think it will be Irina too but wished it were Carol H. I came across a site that had all three line ups and Althea’s was just horrible - when she said, she got her inspiration from watching some show – star trek -, she wasn't kidding. Carol Hannah's was very nice but I think Irina's is the type that wins these things. Hers was most cohesive of the lot even though it was a black line up.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

I certainly don't like Irina very much, as a person, but of all the 7 or 8 final designers, I think she was by far the most talented. I know we get very emotional about the contestants we like, but really, the truth is, this kind of show can make a huge career and it can influence what thousands of women around the country will be wearing, and frankly, to me, that means that the selection of the winner should be based on talent alone. I personally, think that whether the pieces in the collection are "cohesive" or not, or whether they're all black or not, or some other reason that has nothing to do with "design" -- shouldn't have anything to do with who is selected as the winner. For me, the only real question is, who can design the most fabulous clothes, and I think that PR got it right this year.

+ Reply to Thread