+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 11/12 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar

Re: 11/12 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Put me down as rooting for Carol Hannah (so sad she is sick!!!).
    Althea's designs always look sloppy to me (including the look that won one week). The droopy tank top and the puffy skirt... yuck.
    Irina's design skills are good, but her arrogance and b*tchiness rub me the wrong way.
    The one thing I am ALWAYS surprised with, is how much work is still needed on the collections when they arrive in New York. Knowing that they have to choose models, and fit the clothes to the chosen girls, AND do another look (there is ALWAYS another look/challenge), why oh why do the designers arrive with so much left to do??? They should have finished days ago. Oh, and I would also bring some extra looks just in case.

I think if they bring extra looks they wouldn't be allowed to use them. The idea is to make them come up with one from scratch to create "drama." But they could ask these final three to make a couture gown out of unicorn hide and spider web, and I bet you they would turn out the same tired stuff they have been doing all season.

This has been the worst season ever. Has anyone heard if the next season is better and when it will be aired?

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by busilis32;3751385;
    I think if they bring extra looks they wouldn't be allowed to use them. The idea is to make them come up with one from scratch to create "drama." But they could ask these final three to make a couture gown out of unicorn hide and spider web, and I bet you they would turn out the same tired stuff they have been doing all season.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by RomanticHeart;3751632;
    This has been the worst season ever. Has anyone heard if the next season is better and when it will be aired?
    I don't know. I'm enjoying the show. It's true there isn't much drama and perhaps the designers could be more "out there" a la Christian Siriano, Chris March, Santino, etc. but I like the show, the format, etc. and am just glad its back.

Maybe they scrambled a bit too much to find designers during the network transition, etc. Perhaps the next season will be better.

I would still have a couple of basic designs that could be used as a base for whatever they wanted to throw at me later.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Regarding "fur" - I saw some faux fur fabric at Wal-Mart today that looked a lot like the trim that Irina used on the cuffs of that fancy dress Aspen look she made and the complimenting look to it. Plus, this may be just me, but wouldn't fur trim be too expensive for some of these limits they have?

I'm still rooting for Carol Hannah, and hope she wins. Also, I do admit I hope they have a little bit more constantly creative designers next year and none that constantly do the same design over and over again. Admittedly this season had that stuff with the switch from Bravo to Lifetime affect it, but still, given some of the repeats we saw, with few exceptions, we just saw the same design. The most creative ones or the ones who at least attempted to think outside the box were eventually eliminated by the end.

According to an interview he gave to the LA Times this past week, Tim had something to do with the no-fur policy, which may not have started until season 2.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3752608;
    According to an interview he gave to the LA Times this past week, Tim had something to do with the no-fur policy, which may not have started until season 2.

I believe I read that for his first year on the show, Tim wasn't paid a dime, and then the second year, it was a nominal amount.

I'm sure things have gotten better for him as his popularity has risen but if all this is true, then bully for him! Not only for sticking up for animal rights but for himself and exercising his "voice" in the show.

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by busilis32;3751385;
    I think if they bring extra looks they wouldn't be allowed to use them. The idea is to make them come up with one from scratch to create "drama."
    I was more thinking to create some extra looks in case you get to New York, and Tim (or you the designer) absolutely hate one of your pieces... then you can just substitute in something else with no headaches. :
    I agree with previous posters... this season certainly has been somewhat lackluster, but I would still rather watch Project Runway than most of the other garbage on TV.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast