+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 10/15 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

not a star, not an elf StarryElf's Avatar

Re: 10/15 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3729077;
    This challenge was clearly out of everyone's reach. I think Nicholas came the closest to a dress that could be worn on stage because it allowed for movement. Perhaps the judges comments about the similarity to his previous white dress were edited out because it appeared that Christina favored it. I am still scratching my head on Carol Hannah's win. I just don't see any singer appearing in a red carpet, strapless, black evening gown. And the other dress that recieved praise had a train.

Christopher was on the right track with hot pants and a cover garment but it was a mess. Logan surprised me with his lame little dress but again it was closer to a stage garment than the long gowns. I am not that familiar with what Christina wears on a regular basis but I don't remember seeing any current female singer wearing an evening dress.
    Carol Hannah's dress is exactly the sort of dress that Christina has worn on many red carpets, I wasn't at all surprised that she won. Nicolas's dress was the better dress to perform in, but I think Carol Hannah hit the mark a bit better.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3728973;
    Carol-Hannah won. None of the outfits were a home run, really.

Shirin and Christopher were bottom 2, Chris was probably saved because they could see an idea under all the cliches. Shirin's was just a lost cause.
    I loved what Christina A. Said to the winner Carol Hannah. . . . "Keep an eye out you MIGHT be seeing me wear it during one of my shows." Operative word, "might". What a bunch of losers this year. Where are the Christians and the Chrises of years gone by, lol.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by StarryElf;3729181;
    Carol Hannah's dress is exactly the sort of dress that Christina has worn on many red carpets, I wasn't at all surprised that she won. Nicolas's dress was the better dress to perform in, but I think Carol Hannah hit the mark a bit better.
    Yes, but the challenge was to make a dress for performances, not a red carpet appearance. Christopher and logan got that but failed miserably.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3729250;
    Yes, but the challenge was to make a dress for performances, not a red carpet appearance. Christopher and logan got that but failed miserably.
    Christina's been known to sing some ballads, which are slower, so she could've worn Carol Hannah's on stage and it work, i.e. her laying on a piano or something. It also would be perfect for her on red carpet - which she's worn similar outfits in the past.

Nicholas' outfit - save that it was almost a rehash of his movie costume, also worked. I wish it was in a different color so it wouldn't at least SCREAM repeat to most viewers.

Christopher's idea was good, but poorly made. I did see the "Moulin Rouge" similarities; however, he did take Tim's advice - and probably why he was saved. I think too had he had a different daring type outfit, save maybe a teddy type outfit or better one of those asymetrical skirts, it might've been better.

Gordana was a second designer who should thank her lucky stars that she had immunity. I love her designs, but this one was bad. I thought of SO many ideas to use the shedding beads to make her outfit, but she seemed so stressed out she didn't think about it.

Shirin... I think honestly had she made the skirt short (not to the crotch but very short), and asymetrical with possibly the ragged edges she might've succeeded better than a long dress.

I didn't like Irina's personally, and her attitude toward the others doesn't help either.

I wonder if they were given the opportunity to ask which Christina they were designing for. While they were told that they were to design in the style of Bob Mackie, I am not sure that most knew that she has 2 distinct musical personailitys. Pop Star and Torch Singer. There is a big difference in her shows.

If Nicolas' dress was black or another dark color, his probably would have won. The feathers reminded me of S3 Laura.

I wish Irina went home just for her mouth. I can't remember a designer with a worse superiority complex ever on this show. I have liked more of Shirin's designs than hers.

Carol Hannah for the win!
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3729134;
    Christopher was chastised for re-creating a look Christina has already worn. So, while a good idea - it didn't fly in this case. Christina does a lot of movement on stage and, as she says, a lot of hip work...I thought Nicholas outfit would have worked the best. Perhaps it was the color as it would do nothing to make her skin or platinum hair color stand out. I don't think Shirin is even familiar with pop stars and how they look on stage. Her outfit might have worked with a stand-still or slow moving crooner.

Gordana, who was so goofy in her breakdown this week, should have gone home as her stitch and a prayer long dress was fit for the mannequin but not for a pop star. Wow - Heidi really reamed her...look for her or Christopher going home next week.

Thank you Nicholas for saying what we have been seeing. Irina is a b*tch who thinks everyone else is beneath her. Her outfit could go out to dinner or the red carpet, but wouldn't do much on the stage. It was interesting that Queen Irina was placed in the middle this week - hooray.

Carol Hannah is just the cutest thing. Her crush on Logan is adorable, and her dress probably won for her feather work even though it was long. Bob Mackie (Mr. Mackie to Mr. Gunn) was impressed with the reverse fabric weave, so there you go.
    And congrats to Althea for making it into the top three. As we were speculating last week, the top three to go to Bryant Park are probably Irina, Carol Hannah and Althea.

Wasn't it Althea's dress that had the back side of the fabric sewn with the sparkly side?

Quote Originally Posted by french dip;3729434;
    Wasn't it Althea's dress that had the back side of the fabric sewn with the sparkly side?
    I think you are correct.
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

I think it speaks volumes when even Snarky Nicolaus says Irina is a bitch. You can feel mean pour off her. Yuck.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Kao

Awful, awful, awful.

Was there a "black and white" theme going on last night, or did everyone decide that they were allergic to color all at once? When I think of Bob Mackie I think BIG! I think BOLD! I think "makes a STATEMENT!"

What I don't think is BORING!

With the exception of the winner last night, every single designer should have gotten the chop last night, especially considering that there were numerous Bob Mackie designs in the school staring them smack in the face for inspiration. This was a challenge that was tailor-made for an all out, balls to the wall "GO THERE" moment, and all of them failed miserably. Since Heidi seems to have a 24-7 hateon going for Gordana, I'm guessing that she's going to get AUFed next, Chris is going to cry, Irina will continue on her quest to alienate future buyers, Logan will continue to do just enough to get by, Carole Anne will produce something nice while staying low-profile and Althea will continue to be invisable. What's even worse is that every single designer that was somehow capable of thinking outside of the box has been AUFed already, so what's the point of even tuning in? We already know that we are going to be served boring with a side order of bitchery, so why even bother to eat?

As crazy, conceptual, analytical, and detailed Ari, Marvin, Ra'Mon and Epperson might have been, what I wasn't was BORED. I WANT THEM BACK.

Quote Originally Posted by Kao;3729492;
    As crazy, conceptual, analytical, and detailed Ari, Marvin, Ra'Mon and Epperson might have been, what I wasn't was BORED. I WANT THEM BACK.
    Amen to that!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast