+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 10/8 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 10/8 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by azadee13;3722806;
    Isn't the guest next week Christina Aguilara?
    Yeap, but I didn't see it in a preview last night, only today.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Thanks for posting Logan's pants designs Fierce Critter, they both look hideous.

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

You're welcome. *I did link them from the picture threads in this forum, just to be clear.

And you know, I had nothing against Logan at all. I really just thought his designs were awful. Even my husband agreed, and he's a jeans/t-shirt guy.

Wow. The one saving grace of this show was seeing Gordana win! Shirin should have been "safe," I kept thinking, why didn't she at least dye the fabric to look like something else? Nickolas, hideous, Christopher, hideous, Logan, hideous. I didn't like Epperson's design, but I think he got confused with what Tim said on his visit, and really, how did Nickolas or Logan use any more of the wedding dress? As for Christopher, did I mention that was hideous?! Combined with last week's showings, he or Logan should have gone home, at least Epperson had some decent work to this point.

I agree that Carol Hannah seems under-appreciated. I have loved all of her designs.

Curious about next week's show!

Kao

Another BS aufing. Ugh. Could Lifetime be any more transparent?

Pre-show, Heidi said to watch out for the girls. Guess she was right. Looks like we'll have an all-female Bryant Park showing.

I'm so happy for Gordana. She needs to get emotional and design from the heart more often. It was a beautiful form hugging dress ready to be worn out in the dating world.

I don't know why Heidi got the "not understanding the project" thought stuck in her head regarding Epperson. Yes, the NEW design was costumy (Oktoberfest) but it was more interesting, made from the dress material and better made than Logan's horrific outfit. Nicolas dialed out and didn't give us any of his design, only the customer wants. Christopher's futuristic nod to the Jetsons.,, nuff said. All four men rightly belonged in the bottom four and it wouldn't have hurt the competition if they had aufed two - Logan and Christopher.

Shirin couldn't dye the fabric because it was acetate and the dye wouldn't take well...I think she FINALLY came up with the only solution that could be accomplished with 12 hours to sew - and it looked fine. The cut of Irina's design made it look like a negligee with all that lace overlay. I've noticed she really likes a deep V top. Althea's looked more like a tennis dress than an evening dress.

I loved Carol Hannah's. It was similar in design to Gordana's and the little bolero jacket set it off. THAT was the updated "flapper" look Gordana should have done on the movie challenge.

Currently I can see Irina, Carol Hannah and (fingers crossed) Gordana as the Bryant Park three.

Quote Originally Posted by autumnsessence;3722915;
    Epperson was robbed and Chris needed to go. I don't even want to watch anymore.
    I'll continue to watch but I agree with you about Chris's dress. Talk about an ugly, ill fitting, unflattering dress!! Sheesh. I thought it was a complete mess and was shocked the judges kept him in the competition.

Hmmm... Maybe they thought he was going to cry again....

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3723546;
    Christopher's futuristic nod to the Jetsons.,, nuff said.
    As soon as I read that, I had a vision of Ari's spacey-thing the first show, and pictured her and Christopher's fashions side-by-side.

Shirin couldn't dye the fabric because it was acetate and the dye wouldn't take well...
    Ah, thanks for clarifying, I missed that, although I did hear something about acetate. Well, then, the whole thing was way tougher than I was imagining. I guess I don't enjoy these types of challenges so much, because it's not a matter of everyone having the potential for the same materials (like the newspaper one), it's luck of the draw and frankly, one designer getting 50 yards of fabric and trimmings is just not fair competition with someone getting only 3 yards and no trimmings.

Something I almost forgot, but when Gordana was named winner and then Irina told she coul leave the stage, was she crying a little bit? Not sure what it was but I found myself thinking, wow, she can't take it, that she didn't win this one? (I am probably way off base...)

Quote Originally Posted by wannasee;3723562;
    As soon as I read that, I had a vision of Ari's spacey-thing the first show, and pictured her and Christopher's fashions side-by-side.

Ah, thanks for clarifying, I missed that, although I did hear something about acetate. Well, then, the whole thing was way tougher than I was imagining. I guess I don't enjoy these types of challenges so much, because it's not a matter of everyone having the potential for the same materials (like the newspaper one), it's luck of the draw and frankly, one designer getting 50 yards of fabric and trimmings is just not fair competition with someone getting only 3 yards and no trimmings.

Something I almost forgot, but when Gordana was named winner and then Irina told she coul leave the stage, was she crying a little bit? Not sure what it was but I found myself thinking, wow, she can't take it, that she didn't win this one? (I am probably way off base...)
    No you are not off base, Irina expected to win and I think was not happy that she did not.

Anyone see the preview that said it was only 4 more episodes until the finale. Don't know if it will be a 2 part finale though, the visit to the designer's workshop and then the Bryant Park episode, for a total of either 5 or 6 episodes left.

old cow

Pre-show, Heidi said to watch out for the girls. Guess she was right. Looks like we'll have an all-female Bryant Park showing.
    ***SPOILER***
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Per OK Magazine: "there will be an all female finale at Bryant Park. According to one of the models one of the designers is a burnette and 2 are blondes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3723622;
    Anyone see the preview that said it was only 4 more episodes until the finale. Don't know if it will be a 2 part finale though, the visit to the designer's workshop and then the Bryant Park episode, for a total of either 5 or 6 episodes left.
    Dang there are too many designers left to only have 4 episodes left. Even if there is a 2 parter for Bryant Park to make 5 episodes left. There must be a double elimination coming up soon...you think?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast