+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: 10/1 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 10/1 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Irina's dress, I really like it except for the neckline, too low. Gordana's dress was very pretty too.

To wear leggings, you have to be very slim and how many people are a size 2?

Quote Originally Posted by graycat11;3718637;
    Irina's dress, I really like it except for the neckline, too low. Gordana's dress was very pretty too.

ME! *LOL* In fact I am wearing a pair right now. Try finding clothes ina size 2. My Macy's is a smaller store, not many 2's there.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny;3718784;
    ME! *LOL* In fact I am wearing a pair right now. Try finding clothes ina size 2. My Macy's is a smaller store, not many 2's there.
    I am just the opposite from you, size 12/14, would be happy to just stay at size 12.

Quote Originally Posted by graycat11;3718637;

lol at the mental image of me in leggings. I'm a stocky size 2 (very short). I would look horrible in leggings. Very slim, yes. But a size 2 at 5 feet 8 inches is a very different animal than a person who is 9 inches shorter.

And chrisg, I'll try to catch the show on rerun or youtube. I've loved designs in pics and hated them on TV, loved on TV and hated on pics. So I reserve the right to change my mind.

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

I actually liked the Irina/Gordana top VERY much. I thought it was feminine & pretty. Out of everything, it's what I would have purchased if I walked into a store.

As for "every day" type of woman, the thing that turned me off of Carol Hannah's outfits was the TIGHTNESS. The average female body is not a size zero, it's closer to a size 14. No matter what the size, however, those pieces would show EVERY flaw any woman has - a little muffin top, a protruding belly, etc. Only a perfect figure could wear those. And I really thought the top looked kinda cheap out of the material chosen. But then again, I'm always more drawn to weaves than knits.

Irina/Gordana's outfits were more flattering & versatile.

All my opinion and experience, of course.

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3717006;
    Irina is a bit of a passive-aggressive diva preferring to work in her own landscape and she doesn't know how to give direction according to Gordana. ... Irina calling out Gordana on the runway for not standing up for her design choices was a tad overplayed. Once again Gordana was gracious in saying that she wanted to please Irina since they were her designs, but in the workroom she won two points on the blouse. The first was that it was fastened, not tied; and the second was that she nixed the silvery strip adornment.

I'm beginning to think that she is the best designer there, but her ego is getting to me.
    Wow. You reached your little hand inside my brain and ripped this right out.

I agree, 200%.

Quote Originally Posted by Allie;3719195;
    lol at the mental image of me in leggings. I'm a stocky size 2 (very short). I would look horrible in leggings. Very slim, yes. But a size 2 at 5 feet 8 inches is a very different animal than a person who is 9 inches shorter.

And chrisg, I'll try to catch the show on rerun or youtube. I've loved designs in pics and hated them on TV, loved on TV and hated on pics. So I reserve the right to change my mind.

Not if you buy them in the girls department. I prefer to think of myself at 5' tall not as short but as vertically challanged
    In girls sizes leggings end below my knee. In junior sizes they are just abot my ankles so with a long sweater they look like skinny pants.
    I am just at the point where I don't care as much as how it looks as the fact that it fits. It is just too dang cold in Pennsylvania to wear sundresses right now even with a jacket.

FORT Fogey

I prefer to think of it as "cute and compact" or "fun-sized"!!!
    Pennsylvania is simply too cold for fashion of any kind during the winter! it's the curse of our state!

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Pennsylvania born and raised and yes, I agree that "fashion" goes out the window when the snow starts falling. Living in the south now and not missing winter at all.

I'm almost old enough to have voted for Reagan and I still go to the girls section for random items of clothing. Fortunately, I have a daughter who's following in my footsteps size-wise and I just pretend it's for her!!
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345