+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 10/1 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 10/1 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3716414;
    Ahem! She's a clueless elitist from Los Angeles! My town and coast aren't to blame this season.

I guess I just figured she would be headquartered where the rest of the big shots are.
    Each region/division has their own headquarters, they might have mentioned that last night and I missed it.
    When the big BIG guns visit our store....they are always from NYC.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny;3716484;
    I TOTALLY agree with you French Dip! I liked both Carol Hannah & Shirin's designs. Those are the types of clothes that are work-wearable clothes for me. No one seems to make those types of clothes, professional but not in the hoochie momma profession *LOL* It is dang near impossible to fins clothes in a size 0 or 2.As much as I hate it, I did buy 2 pairs of leggings. Saw a woman wearing a pair last nite; think 200 pounds with a top that barely covered her waist. Not a pretty site.
    Navy, grey & brown...forget it. Impossible to find.
    Irinia's dress was pretty but I could never get away with wearing that to work without a cami or t-shirt underneath. Pretty dress though.
    You can get really nice work-wearable clothes in i.n.c in a size 2. I would also suggest Style & Co from Macys (less expensive than i.n.c.) but you can't always find size 2. Only at the bigger stores.

OK, I'm sorry, but Christopher was a big ol' girl in last night's episode. Christopher, honey, if you can't handle the criticism on PR, you're gonna crumble in the "real world" when you have to deal with negative reviews and criticism...

And yet Chris will have to step it up a few notches to top Andre's meltdown -- I think that's why Tim called Andre 'our sensitive little lamb' or something to that effect.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Quote Originally Posted by raisinthesun;3716622;
    Well in all fairness to Nicolas i dont think he even wanted to do the ruffles thingy and im not sure why he didnt tell Louise this so it could be both their designs down the runway and not just hers and him assisting but thats probably why he was safe was......i mean i guess anyway; i really dont know what to think of these judges anymore.

Yea i was beginning to think there was going to be a double elimination as well. I found it really retarded to go thru all the dramatic music and such just to elminate one person....
    He was safe due to immunity, that's the only reason. Based on Heidi's comments he'd been eliminated IMHO had he not had the immunity.

And, personally, the fact he just assisted IMHO was more because he knew he was safe and didn't care. Unfortunately, again my opinion, all he did was raise a red alert on Heidi and them and think that he's coasting when he's safe, so if he has a poor outfit in the future and has no immunity, he just increased his chances of being eliminated because they'll remember this dress.

Quote Originally Posted by lobeck;3716739;
    OK, I'm sorry, but Christopher was a big ol' girl in last night's episode. Christopher, honey, if you can't handle the criticism on PR, you're gonna crumble in the "real world" when you have to deal with negative reviews and criticism...
    If it continues, then I'd agree - but for all we know this case he was just tired. They do this contest I think in two-three weeks up until the final three (at least my understanding - this is the first one I've actually gotten to see on TV), so there's a lot of pressure and add to it exhaustion and probably not eating properly and such, it'd make the slightest thing a trigger for emotions in all extremes.

He did have a good idea IMHO, just executed it poorly. Contrary to popular belief, women wearing men's shirts is actually in right now - though dresses are iffy right now. That said, it wasn't too long ago I found in a magazine how to use a men's shirt and turn it into a skirt without cutting said shirt. This might've worked better had it been a two piece and slightly better tailoring (well that and the material - they were right when they said it looked cheap).

I really do think his work the prior week (he made that costume look like it cost more than $150 to make) and rather consistent work the rest of the season is why he's still there.

Quote Originally Posted by babymay;3716385;
    I am surprised that the Macy's lady never spoke up about selecting Louises and Christophers designs. They pitched them and she picked them. Both concepts came down the runway looking just like the sketches.
    That's the part that got me, too! I wasn't paying a lot of attention to the sketches, though, so wasn't sure how close the actual pieces came out. Anyway, hated seeing Christopher cry, I hope it's fatigue as much as anything else. Louise I really liked in the beginning but everything became the same and boring, for me. I was hoping someone besides Irina would win. Curious what this whole "new models" thing is about!

Quote Originally Posted by french dip;3716697;
    You can get really nice work-wearable clothes in i.n.c in a size 2. I would also suggest Style & Co from Macys (less expensive than i.n.c.) but you can't always find size 2. Only at the bigger stores.
    I find a good selection of small sizes at Banana Republic. Also try Ann Taylor Loft, but I prefer Banana Republic.

I have trouble finding sizes smaller than 4 in most of the stores such as Macy's.

I missed the episode but looked at the pictures from the challenge. I didn't like the neckline on the winners dress. I actually didn't like the dress at all. Most of them I actively disliked. Of the top three, I only liked Carol's (but I would get rid of the scarf). Of the bottom three, I liked Epperson's the best, but that fabric did look cheap.

Irina is a bit of a passive-aggressive diva preferring to work in her own landscape and she doesn't know how to give direction according to Gordana. Imagine turning over your partner choice to the two remaining. If Gordana hadn't taken pity on her and spoken up, what would have happened? Tim forcefully telling Irina to make a choice while the two remaining stood there in embarrassment? Anyway...Irina calling out Gordana on the runway for not standing up for her design choices was a tad overplayed. Once again Gordana was gracious in saying that she wanted to please Irina since they were her designs, but in the workroom she won two points on the blouse. The first was that it was fastened, not tied; and the second was that she nixed the silvery strip adornment. It makes me wonder if Irina will be able to delegate to a staff of designers and sewers when she gets enough work to justify a staff.

I'm beginning to think that she is the best designer there, but her ego is getting to me.

Louise knew she had reached her end-time on the show, but as has been noted, this was not the week to leave your comfort zone and go out on a ruffled limb. Nicholas was a jerk in that he complained to the camera, but I don't remember one time we were shown where he tried to bring Louise down from her frantic ledge. Ugh. I really hope it is his turn next. Even though the sketches showed ruffles, he could have helped her edit them so they were not in 3-D.

Carol Hannah continues to impress with her designs. And she has a more down to earth attitude and personality than Irina. It could be down to these two at Bryant Park, which would be fascinating. Who do you think will be the third?

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3717006;
    Irina is a bit of a passive-aggressive diva preferring to work in her own landscape and she doesn't know how to give direction according to Gordana. Imagine turning over your partner choice to the two remaining. If Gordana hadn't taken pity on her and spoken up, what would have happened? Tim forcefully telling Irina to make a choice while the two remaining stood there in embarrassment? Anyway...Irina calling out Gordana on the runway for not standing up for her design choices was a tad overplayed. Once again Gordana was gracious in saying that she wanted to please Irina since they were her designs, but in the workroom she won two points on the blouse. The first was that it was fastened, not tied; and the second was that she nixed the silvery strip adornment. It makes me wonder if Irina will be able to delegate to a staff of designers and sewers when she gets enough work to justify a staff.

I'm beginning to think that she is the best designer there, but her ego is getting to me.

Louise knew she had reached her end-time on the show, but as has been noted, this was not the week to leave your comfort zone and go out on a ruffled limb. Nicholas was a jerk in that he complained to the camera, but I don't remember one time we were shown where he tried to bring Louise down from her frantic ledge. Ugh. I really hope it is his turn next. Even though the sketches showed ruffles, he could have helped her edit them so they were not in 3-D.

Carol Hannah continues to impress with her designs. And she has a more down to earth attitude and personality than Irina. It could be down to these two at Bryant Park, which would be fascinating. Who do you think will be the third?
    Up until this week's episode, I would have said Christopher. Poor thing just might crack under the pressure.
    Possibly Epperson. Maybe Althea? Although Althea's outfit this week, IMO, was very similar to the one she did a few weeks ago...the model's choice.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast