+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 49

Thread: 9/17 Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

  1. #21
    GO BUCKEYES! hutchlover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Just moved to Chicago
    Posts
    1,141

    Re: 9/17 Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

    The color of Ra'mons design made it bottom three for me, along with Epperson, Shirin, Johnny and Nicholas..
    See I disagree. I thought Ra'mon's should've been top 3 because I loved the colors. I thought Christopher's was far too close to his challenge 1 win, and should've been in the middle, while Epperson's easy kimono should've been in the bottom (and I think Epperson's one of the most talented based on his pre-show portfolio)

  2. #22
    For Your Entertainment lobeck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Right here, right now
    Age
    50
    Posts
    14,903

    Re: 9/17 Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3705187;
    I didn't like Christopher's dress as much as the judges did -- I thought the shredded "feather" skirt just looked like shredded newspaper -- the gown was too artsy-craftsy to me, compared to most of the other looks.
    Great minds, MFW...I didn't think Christopher's gown was the best thing since sliced bread, either. My Top 3 would have probably been Irina, Althea, and either Epperson or Carol Hannah.

    Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3705187;
    The judges kept telling Irina things that were wrong with her trenchcoat, and yet they name her the winner. Just one of these weeks, I would love to have a runway show and judging that was edited so that it made sense to the audience. I don't think it's happened yet this season.
    I agree! And, as a side note...where have Nina and Michael been all season? I mean, I lurrrrrrrrrrve me some Heidi Klum, but the show's just not the same without all three of them there...

    Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3705187;
    Ding Dong, Johnny is gone. He needed more personal growth time after his troubles before going on this show, he wasn't ready. Or else, maybe he was always a lazy liar and should never have been cast, it's one of those!
    I vote for the second option...
    Last edited by lobeck; 09-18-2009 at 04:52 PM.

  3. #23
    26.2, baby! Allie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Washington state
    Age
    48
    Posts
    3,683

    Re: 9/17 Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3705574;
    I don't know if they are trying to edit him to be the villan this season as there really aren't any strong personalities this season. Regardless that I hated some of the previous designers because they were just nasty egotists their opinions and attitudes really added spice to the show. As a parallel to that thought, now that we are seeing some other judges, I want Michael Kors and Nina back. They make some very witty comments and didn't come across as blah on screen like Tommy Hillflinger (or however you spell his name) does.
    I didn't mind Tommy, but did miss Michael and Nina. I think there should be one guest judge only. Anyone know why those two were not there?

  4. #24
    the simple things babymay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1,592

    Re: 9/17 Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Allie;3705729;
    I didn't mind Tommy, but did miss Michael and Nina. I think there should be one guest judge only. Anyone know why those two were not there?
    I am guessing the move to LA is difficult for their NY schedules.
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

  5. #25
    Magical Elf MFWalkoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    17,869

    Re: 9/17 Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

    As to the question of where are Nina & Michael -- I read on one of the PR blogs that Fashion Week took place in Europe during taping. Michael had a collection showing, and Nina had to cover it, so they were both gone for about a week. But since the show films challenges back-to-back without a break, being gone for a week means that Nina & Michael missed at least 3, maybe 4 challenges in a row.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

  6. #26
    old cow
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,088

    Re: 9/17 Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3705840;
    As to the question of where are Nina & Michael -- I read on one of the PR blogs that Fashion Week took place in Europe during taping. Michael had a collection showing, and Nina had to cover it, so they were both gone for about a week. But since the show films challenges back-to-back without a break, being gone for a week means that Nina & Michael missed at least 3, maybe 4 challenges in a row.
    Thanxs for the info! So that means they'll be back next week?............or the week after.....? Soon though. You dont really realize how much they're needed on this show until they arent there.

  7. #27
    FORT Regular ladygreco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    144

    Re: 9/17 Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by straycat80;3705390;
    I don't like tattle-tales and bullys, so I hope Nick's time on PR is over soon. I didn't think Johnny's dress was any worse than Nick's. I have to give props to all the designers, working with paper did not look that easy and I thought everyone did a pretty good job.
    And what happened to Michael Kor's and Nina Garcia???
    I agree with straycat80 - Johnny's dress wasn't worse than Nick's, and Nick has a very whiney bad attitude. Nick should have gone instead of Johnny.

  8. #28
    FORT Fan rebotco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    391

    Re: 9/17 Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

    I was shocked that Tim said ANYthing about Johnny to the other designers after Johnny was gone.

    It would have been interesting to see if Tim had said anything to the judges during deliberation about Johnny's lying.

  9. #29
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    187

    Re: 9/17 Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

    Ooooh this was incredibly depressing.

    Johnny's dress was a mess, he should have gone with his first dress, at least he did something with the possibilities of paper-as-fabric. That being said, he got thrown under a bus by Nicolas.

    This is depressing because it made Nicolas AND Tim look like petty little rats.

    Most of the stories spun by the designers are last minute attempts at giving their designs depth. It's the whole spiel of conjuring up a story that sounds like it was the real motivation behind a design.

    It's drawing a cube and afterwards thinking up a reason why you drew the cube, explaining that it's an analogy for the way people think in boxes, that it's a model of a three dimensional universe and is thus a comment on the depth of the human mind and persona. You can place a lot of meaning in something simple, but it's easier to just think it up AFTER the fact.

    So Johnny told a lie. Big whoop. If he had said: "Tim Gunn told me my dress looked like crap, so I felt the pressure and decided to make a new one." he would still have been blamed for thinking up excuses. You don't win by telling the truth, but a little white lie can get you places.

    Nicolas threw him under the bus. He thought that he could score a bunch of points by being a tattle tale. Combined with his spiteful behaviour throughout the competition, it just shows what kind of a person he is. Mean-spirited and vicious.

    Tim coming in and then commenting on Johnny telling a lie, acting as if it was the worst thing someone could do, wasn't befitting of his role as mentor. Especially since it was his criticism that prompted Johnny to do a last minute change on his design. I doubt Tim would have been pleased if Johnny had pointed him out as the reason of his last minute change, which of course would have been the truth.
    This is not a signature.

  10. #30
    GO BUCKEYES! hutchlover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Just moved to Chicago
    Posts
    1,141

    Re: 9/17 Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

    You know Cairon, as much as I love Tim, he really looked bad this episode.

    1) There was no reason to call Johnny out as a liar in front of the other designers while he wasn't there to defend himself!

    2) It's not like he was hiding books beneath his mattress or anything?!

    3) Many times Tim's idea of what he thinks the judges will like is WRONG!. Just look at Gordana this episode!

    And many, many a time a designer has stood on the runway and made excuses for why they re-did their dress. Uh, Mitchell????? (And wouldn't his excuses be a little white lie as well?)

    Not to mention that Tim's reaction was just a tad over-the-top.

    And for Tim NOT to call out Nicklaus for his behavior that was just a rung higher (meaning not quite as bad) than Kenley's laughing at Daniel & Joe on the runway. No one asked Nicklaus for his opinion and the judges were not speaking to him. Jerkwad.

    As much as Johnny was annoying, I really feel for him. I hope he didn't relapse or anything. (There was a red-carpet event & showing of this episode in NY on Wednesday and only Johnny didn't show up.)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.