+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 9/10 Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 9/10 Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

I don't claim to be a fashionista but I thought the winning outfit was fugly. The model should have been wearing a bra, it was too low cut and the skirt looked like a big, black diaper.
    I thought Qristal's black dress was not that bad, but they always vote off the older women pretty early on so I was not surprised she got auf'ed.

I really thought Epperson should have won. That dress was one of a kind to die for. I also loved the white halter dress. Beautiful!

I didn't really like the winner's outfit because you can get that too little suit anywhere. Qristyl to me was never a designer but more of a person who sews for little ladies at her church. From her first two-tone floral/solid color purple dress, I knew she wasn't a designer.

Was it just me or did those two guest judges didn't really care what Logan designed, they just had the hots for me.

old cow

Quote Originally Posted by princess07;3698329;
    I really thought Epperson should have won. That dress was one of a kind to die for. I also loved the white halter dress. Beautiful!

I didn't really like the winner's outfit because you can get that too little suit anywhere. Qristyl to me was never a designer but more of a person who sews for little ladies at her church. From her first two-tone floral/solid color purple dress, I knew she wasn't a designer.

Was it just me or did those two guest judges didn't really care what Logan designed, they just had the hots for me.
    Agree on all points! I didnt like Althea's dress and i dont think it should have won. Epperson or Carol Hanna's dresses were the best. Honestly the way the editing was done for this episode i would have though Epperson would have won; they seemed to show alot of him and him missing his family.

I havent liked a single thing Qristyl sent down the runway so yea im glad she's gone. Honestly it could have been her or Johnny and i would have been ok. Johnny's purple dress was a catastrophy and he should have been in the bottom 2 not Logan.

Yea i think the female judges have a crush on Logan. And when the flip is Michael Kors coming back?! He is greatly missed!!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3698001;
    This episode seemed pretty dull. Hard to put my finger on why.
    I don't know if it was me, or the show, or the contestants this season, but I fell asleep at some point before the runway segment and never got to see the finished garments. It just seems somewhat boring this season. We need some dynamic characters/designers like Christian Siriano and more interesting interactions among them ... so I can stay awake till 11 p.m.!

Quote Originally Posted by princess07;3698329;
    I was surprised the white halter dress was not in the top 3. That designer is good, and funny-bitchy. I don't really like Epperson, but I guess that dress was ok. Heidi's bra comments were funny. Where would you put a bra under that dress? All the straps would show!

Quote Originally Posted by straycat80;3698325;
    I don't claim to be a fashionista but I thought the winning outfit was fugly. The model should have been wearing a bra, it was too low cut and the skirt looked like a big, black diaper.
    Agree completely! We thought that outfit should have been in the bottom 3, and it totally looked like a diaper! We also hated the neoprene diaper-looking thing that won last week! If that is the new look, we are all going to have to carry barf bags if people actually start to dress that way!

I'm going to have to find out when the rerun is and watch it!!! I want to see all the bad work...I know that's pitiful to say but reading how bad it all was makes me want to watch it for some reason...

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Really, really did NOT like the winning design. Don't know what the judges were thinking. Where were Nina and Michael? Had they been there, I'm hoping the outcome would have been different.

Loved the fabrics Carol Hannah & Irina used on the bottom of their dresses. Also liked the detail down the front of Gordanna's dress.

Did not like Epperson's skintight design or that pouffy bow/flower/crumbcatcher on Ra'mon's dress.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Harvest;3698383;
    Heidi's bra comments were funny.
    "I'm obsessed with boobs. That's just my thing."

According to Slate columnist June Thomas, expect this quip to become a popular ring tone.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3698303;
    Good thing Logan wore his dress to impress the women pants to the runway - maybe those saved him - but it was probably that Qristyl's was worse. When I saw his outfit, I had a Kenley flashback, and that isn't good...

Except that Kenley would have rocked that frock. Gotta give Kenley her due; the girl could whip up an attractive I Love Lucy dress.

Quote Originally Posted by straycat80;3698325;
    I thought Qristal's black dress was not that bad, but they always vote off the older women pretty early on so I was not surprised she got auf'ed.
    I dunno....if I had boobs like that....I doubt I'd wear a bra too much.

I thought everyone did pretty good except for Qristyl and Johnny.

I watched a rerun of the finale for season 2 and I must say....our designers sure have progressed since then! My all-time fave has got to be Christian Siriano. His personality and designs were just too fun.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast