+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Week 2 Photos - Maternity Challenge

FORT Fan

Re: Week 2 Photos - Maternity Challenge

I think Althea's dress is incredibly dangerous... it just looks like the model could trip over the length of the dress... and that wouldn't be a good thing for a woman who's pregnant.

Quote Originally Posted by raisinthesun;3682179;
    BTW--those models did NOT look pregnant! They looked like they stuffed beach balls in there dresses. Just not right. Why couldnt they get actual pregnant women?
    Seeing that the models now have their own show segment, it would seem plausible that they want to use the models in every challenge and not get outside women like they've done in previous seasons...

The winning look was definitely deserving...though my favorite would have to be Gordana's...

I like Louise's the best. And I actually agreed with keeping Mitchell over Malvin. I didn't like the baby sling on a pregnant woman. But the judges should stop eliminating the conceptual designers now. We're not going to have any left by the time we get midway in the competition.

BTW--those models did NOT look pregnant! They looked like they stuffed beach balls in there dresses. Just not right. Why couldnt they get actual pregnant women?
    My personal thought is that if they had used actual pregnant women, then we would have been bound for another season where the models don't get used that much. It made me mad in past seasons when the models would constantly go un-used, with some of them getting eliminated without the opportunity to show their walk again.

Regarding Models of the Runway, I think we can still have challenges that use other models; MotR would just have to air without an elimination segment.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

You can tell that they're really not pregnant because their hips, legs, breasts, and/or their faces are still quite small. most of the time thee will be some weight gain somewhere on they bodies.
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

Quote Originally Posted by Kocky_Kamikaze;3684613;
    You can tell that they're really not pregnant because their hips, legs, breasts, and/or their faces are still quite small. most of the time thee will be some weight gain somewhere on they bodies.
    This challenge didn't work for me because of that. They were designing for women wearing pillows. If they have a challenge like this, use models who are pregnant at least. If it it important to use the same models, then don't have challenges such as this one.

They would not have had to "just" get pregnant models. They would have had to get pregnant models that were similar in build to Rebecca Romain (because after all the outfit was for her). Even though the models weren't pregnant all over (like a real woman) they were still (maybe) a little closer to her build. She was a model, right? Rebecca did look (in the face) like she has put on a few baby pounds but she's probably still (at the most) a size 6! I guess that a call could have gone out for pregnant models but as someone else said, the regular models wouldn't get used. Not a good idea now that they have their own show.

Once again I'm drawn to Gordana's design. This is the second week where I like her "look." She is someone I'm keeping my eye on.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12