+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Models of the Runway - season 1

Re: Models of the Runway - season 1

Hugh Grant - that's not exactly an exclusive club. :/ Poor Matar.

I liked Matar as a person and I liked Koji the best, even if spelling her name correctly is a challenge for me...And Kalyn cheated. Tape gate!

I'm really sorry that Matar got eliminated, she was my fav! I don't care for Lisa's look at all, I agree that she looks like a soccer mom.

FORT Fogey

Of the final 5 models, Lisa (although the tallest) was the least HF. And she seemed big-boned. Tanesha seemed too bosomy and had a big head literally (and too curvy). Kailin had a weird profile (although she seemed sweet) and her facial features seemed smooshed (too close to each other). Matar looked European. And Katie had a weird behind when she wore the hot pants Christopher designed (can't tell if her body or the hot pants was wonky, probly the pants) but she has the best features and most HF (with Matar).

I was sad that Matar got eliminated, but I expected it after Gordana's elimination. But looking at the positives: she made it way farther than I expected. She started off with Nicolas, who didn't like her, and then was constantly switched around. Luckily for her, Epperson loved her, and Gordana right after. I'm sure she'll do great things.

I had to use the Hugh Grant picture as my avatar. It was too funny to not use it.

I think I saw Celine in a Burlington (or was it TJ Maxx?) commercial.

And I will admit that Lisa has grown on me. It's probably because I really, really did not like her look at all, but in the past few challenges, the hair and make-up crew made her out to be quite pretty. Her look isn't as bad as I initally thought. I don't like her quite yet though.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

old cow

Quote Originally Posted by Fierce Critter;3745839;
    Because say Irina uses both Matar & Koji at Bryant Park, and then wins Project Runway.

Who gets to be the winning model?

There can be only one.
    The model that she picked first. Kaylen (sp?) would win. Have the designers pick their lead model first and then maybe 2 or 3 of some of the other girls from the show.

FORT Fogey

I agree - I'm sure the models wouldn't care that they are not still in the running for the $$ (well, not care is too strong), but to be featured and walk at BP would still help their careers!

I was thinking that as well. Let the designer pick the model still in contention for the prize ... then let them take turns picking any of the others that were willing (and they all wanted to perform at Bryant Park, so no problem there!) This way, they know some of their models already, instead of being stuck with models you don't know.

Maybe next season????
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Couture Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by NFL1;3746419;
    I agree - I'm sure the models wouldn't care that they are not still in the running for the $$ (well, not care is too strong), but to be featured and walk at BP would still help their careers!
    I'm pretty sure the audience at BP is mostly a la Top Model and not a real fashion audience. It's mostly family members of the entire cast and crew, past contestants, and maybe a few no-name journalists.

Heidi, Nina, Tim and Micheal are usually all the most famous/credible people there, aside from the celebrity judge - and for a fashion show at BP, that isn't saying much.

Therefore, walking at BP in the Project Runway show wouldn't really give them any more exposure than they've already gotten from the tv show. I'd say the reason they wanted to walk so bad was specifically for the prize alone.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Vivican;3746914;
    I'm pretty sure the audience at BP is mostly a la Top Model and not a real fashion audience. It's mostly family members of the entire cast and crew, past contestants, and maybe a few no-name journalists.

Heidi, Nina, Tim and Micheal are usually all the most famous/credible people there, aside from the celebrity judge - and for a fashion show at BP, that isn't saying much.

Therefore, walking at BP in the Project Runway show wouldn't really give them any more exposure than they've already gotten from the tv show. I'd say the reason they wanted to walk so bad was specifically for the prize alone.

BP is not just for PR. It is the biggest event in all of fashion. Many other designers will be showing lines at the show, and many many celebrities will be there to purchase, and many influential people will be there to book models and designers. It would be a huge deal for any model to walk at BP. I think it is wrong that they cast models not even on the show, when they have plenty of models from the show that could walk just not win the money.

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton;3749535;
    BP is not just for PR. It is the biggest event in all of fashion. Many other designers will be showing lines at the show, and many many celebrities will be there to purchase, and many influential people will be there to book models and designers. It would be a huge deal for any model to walk at BP. I think it is wrong that they cast models not even on the show, when they have plenty of models from the show that could walk just not win the money.
    A lot of the PR models don't walk the PR show because they got better-paying gigs with Bryant Park shows from the more famous designers. Since the incentive of winning isn't there anymore, PR is just another lower-paying job for them (albeit one with more guaranteed TV exposure).
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

+ Reply to Thread