+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Project Runway All-Stars = Thurs. Aug 20th 8PM - News and Speculation

Re: Project Runway All-Stars = Thurs. Aug 20th 8PM

Project Runway on Nicole Kidman: She’s In!
    August 18, 2009

She’s graced many red carpets but can Nicole Kidman handle the catwalk? Or at least say “Make it work” as effectively as Tim Gunn? Mais oui! A rep for Lifetime confirms that the Australia actress will appear on the reality hit Project Runway.

Her appearance on the special, Project Runway: All-Star Challenge, will air before the sixth season premiere of Project Runway on Aug. 20. She’ll join returning designers such as Jeffrey Sebelia and Santino Rice on the special.
    Link

We should do a separate thread: "Who's the biggest/most ____________ of all PR Seasons"

Fill in the blank with villian, craziest, cryer, technical skills, viewpoint, cutest, hunkiest, funnest, etc etc etc

You can ask the mods if you wish. I think we would just have to add some discussion. You know, reasons for our choices, since this site likes discussion and not just a bunch of lists.

But I think we all know who the biggest crier is. And the biggest villain would be either Wendy, Santino, or Jeffrey. I would go with Wendy (shocker! ).
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3668710;
    You can ask the mods if you wish. I think we would just have to add some discussion. You know, reasons for our choices, since this site likes discussion and not just a bunch of lists.

But I think we all know who the biggest crier is. And the biggest villain would be either Wendy, Santino, or Jeffrey. I would go with Wendy (shocker! ).
    The biggest villain would have been Keith the Cheater. I liked Jeffrey and felt that Angela's mother is as much to blame as he is.
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

Biggest cheater would be Keith. Biggest villian either Wendy or Kenley. At least Wendy didn't laugh at her contestants on the runway. Or maybe Kenley's the biggest nutjob..... Hmmm. nope, Lupe or Elisa could have that beat.

I'm just re-watching the first season. Wendy never did laugh out at the others on the runway, she just looked smug, enjoying to see the others being critisised (sp?). Which is worse, I don't know, but at least Kenley didn't try to hide it. But I really didn't like Wendy. Towards the end when she has no friends left and feeling sad, remembering "the easier days, before the competition got to them". Considering that everyone else got along, it definitely was her own fault, only she didn't realise that.

OK, a bit off-topic, perhaps. To add a bit on-topic...I'm really glad I don't have to see Wendy again. The other "villains" at least had good designs, Wendy just over-stayed her welcome, again and again.

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar

I vote for Kenley as the biggest whiner.
    Even just thinking about her, I can hear her whining.

Most memorable, I would have to say Santino... I detested his clothing but, his Tim Gunn impressions were very funny.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

I nominate Kayne for the contestant with the most to say. We still laugh when we think of the beauty pageant contestant trying to get a work in edgewise while he sped through his design ideas.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

In just slightly less than 4 hours (NYC time) our long national PR-less nightmare will finally be over!

I love this All Stars idea. I don't watch Top Chef but even I know the All Stars idea seems heavily borrowed from them -- I wonder if Bravo wonders how/why they didn't think of it? I hope Lifetime does justice to PR. It is going to hurt to see it in LA and w/ the fake Mood store.

Add me to the litany of people that could do w/out ever seeing Jeffrey again. Would love to see Austin, too. And either of the Karas -- Saun or Janx. And Nick Verreos. Am I the only Nick Verreos fan?

Totally psyched to see Mychael, Uli, Chris March, Daniel V., Korto and Santino (for comic effect).

I thought Season 3 -- even w/ Jeffrey bringing the level down -- was the most talented (Mychael, Uli, Laura) followed closely by Season 2 (Chloe, Daniel V., Kara J., Nick V.).

Who does everyone think will win the All Stars? I vote for Mychael.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3656568;
    I would have loved to have seen Andre's name in the mix. That gray bejeweled dress that Danieella made on The Fashion Show reminded so much of Andre's "gutter water" dress.
    Andre would be great to see too, Bunny. Then Santino could have given his Tim impression of "Ahhhhnndre".

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3638572;
    I read on another blog that Laura couldn't accept it because she is still in negotiations with Bravo over her own reality show. Apparently Lifetime doesn't want too much mixing with PR's old home where they can avoid it.

She didn't want to do it anyway, though.
    Thanks for this scoop about Laura, MFW. I'd love to see Laura have her own show.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast