+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Project Runway All-Stars = Thurs. Aug 20th 8PM - News and Speculation

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Re: Project Runway All-Stars = Thurs. Aug 20th 8PM

Quote Originally Posted by Funkykatt;3652451;
    I just changed providers and have Dish instead of cable and I no longer have Bravo so basically there's been nothing for me to watch.

At last something on Lifetime worth viewing

Where is Austin??
    In case that was an actual inquiry as to his whereabouts rather than a rhetorical "why isn't he in this competiton" question . . . last I heard, Austin Scarlett was designing beautiful, beautiful wedding gowns for Kenneth Pool. Pictures are available online if you just google around. He even appeared in an episode of "Say Yes to the Dress."

Did I mention the gowns are beautiful?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by mschulz;3655769;
    I am glad that I am not the only one who is NOT looking forward to seeing more Jeffrey. BUT, I will watch to hear his excuses for still being nobody.

TRUE!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian;3659141;
    In case that was an actual inquiry as to his whereabouts rather than a rhetorical "why isn't he in this competiton" question . . . last I heard, Austin Scarlett was designing beautiful, beautiful wedding gowns for Kenneth Pool. Pictures are available online if you just google around. He even appeared in an episode of "Say Yes to the Dress."

Irony at its best, because his wedding dress that his model put him up to was... words can't explain it.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3660910;
    Irony at its best, because his wedding dress that his model put him up to was... words can't explain it.
    I'm always impressed when folks remember details about prior seasons of any of the reality shows. I can barely remember what I had for breakfast. Any chance you can find a picture????

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian;3659141;

Here is a link to an old article:
    Austin Scarlett Designs Wedding Dresses for the Kenneth Pool Line - Interview with Project Runway Star Wedding Dress Designer Austin Scarlett

and this is a link to a photo gallery of the wedding dresses Austin designed for the Kenneth Pool line. Project Runway Star Austin Scarlett Designs Wedding Dresses for Kenneth Pool by Amsale.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

old cow

thanxs for the info the whereabouts of Austin but still no Jay?! That is odd. I actually am glad to see Jeffrey. Yea he was a butt but he was a talented butt. What i cant understand is Sweet P?! Really? I dont really remember her being all that impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by raisinthesun;3664781;
    thanxs for the info the whereabouts of Austin but still no Jay?! That is odd. I actually am glad to see Jeffrey. Yea he was a butt but he was a talented butt. What i cant understand is Sweet P?! Really? I dont really remember her being all that impressive.
    Speaking of Jay...The Style Network is airing Jay's documentary Eleven Minutes this coming Saturday afternoon at 5:00 and Sunday afternoon at 2:00 CST (Aug. 22 and 23).

It's about Jay's preparation for his 2007 collection.
    Ain't Love Grand!

Someone up-thread said they thought S1 was the best designers and personalities?

I have to disagree wholeheartedly with that. Season 3 was it hands down....

Chris - giant man w/giant skills and a giant laugh
    Christian - tiny man w/giant skills and a "fierce" personality
    Victorya - passive aggressive *tch (okay she's no Wendy or Kenley or Jeffrey)
    Rami - man candy!!!!
    Jack - more man candy!!!
    Kevin - the most fun straight guy (and he let us know it) ever
    Ricky - resident cryer (he cried more than Andre)
    Stephen - boring personality, but so adorable and 1/2 way decent Tim impersonation
    Sweet P - matched her name exactly and Rami made her cry!
    Jillian - the most boring & monotone contestant that we ever go to "know"
    Elisa - who imbibed her outfit with grass stains & spit

Then we had Jack's leaving due to his illness and bringing back the fabulous Chris (who was auf'd incorrectly the previous episode IMO)

The horror on the designers faces when they had to use Spandex - except Chris, of course.

Some of the most beautiful creations ever created on PR: Rami's Hershey's outfit, Sweet P's denim blocking dress, Jillian's trailing coat, Elisa's SJP dress & cloak, Chris's wrestling outfit (for Maria from Outback Jack BTW who is a female wrestler) and of course Chris/Christian's TO DIE FOR Avante Garde creation.

And some of the worst: Marion's "Pocohontas" travesty, 90% of the Tiki Barber episode, Kit's hoop skirt, Ricky's wrestling "outfit"'s gold lame potato sack, Rami's coat from the semi-final (which he wisely threw out), and for some people Chris's hair inventions. (which I liked) ETA: I didn't include Sweet P & Carmen's men's outfits since I figured that was touched on above.

And I think these contestants from S3 were some of the most technically proficient ever as a whole.

^That was S4.

Sorry, I disagree. I didn't really like S4. Really, nothing can touch the epic S1:

Jay - the comic relief. And like he said, the comical contestants are never supposed to win in the end. They're just there for the entertainment. Well, he proved that theory wrong.

Kara - a very talented designer, the definite front runner throughout the competition, but she still has a little bit of 'tude. Everyone thought she would win, and seeing her fall in the end was such a shocker.

Wendy - the loving mother who really turned out to be a whackjob. Almost everyone, even the people who didn't watch the show, knew the name "Wendy Pepper."

Austin - he was the Christian-type character before Christain even came on the show. He was likable, and almost everyone liked him. He was also very talented.

Robert - the male eye candy. He was also a little bit likable. He was on the weaker side, but still managed to stay until the F5.

Kevin - oh, the infamous "drawing of the mustache on Wendy's picture" fiasco. Did he do it? Or maybe it was a model? Or what about someone on production? I don't think we ever got the answer to this.

Alexandra - the female eye candy. I still remember the bathing suit she designed, the one that was very, very tiny.

Nora - the one with the edge. I remember liking her. She had an original style, and she ended up going home after the wedding dress challenge because she reliquished her originality and let Melissa (her model) control her too much.

Vanessa - okay, I'm sad to say that I don't remember her.

Starr - the tumor dress. She was the B3 queen. She seemed so in love with designing, but unfortunately... she wasn't the greatest.

Mario - I was so glad he left early. Something about him, I just didn't like.

Daniel - he was kinda deluded in thinking that the butcher paper would turn out to be a great material for a coat. And trash bags for the dress. He came back next season and ended up going early on that one also.

Great entertainment, great talent, great season. I really am going to make it a priority to get this season on DVD.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian;3661445;
    I'm always impressed when folks remember details about prior seasons of any of the reality shows. I can barely remember what I had for breakfast. Any chance you can find a picture????

Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3656568;
    I would have loved to have seen Andre's name in the mix. That gray bejeweled dress that Danieella made on The Fashion Show reminded so much of Andre's "gutter water" dress.
    I LOVED Andre, his grass dress was priceless.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast