+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: 10/15 Show Discussion - Season Finale **SPOILERS**

Re: 10/15 Show Discussion - Season Finale **SPOILERS**

Kenley, the dress with the ropes and florals sticking out at the sides was awful, once again she didn't listen to Tim Gunn's advice and she paid the price.

Korto, really thought she was going to win, her styles, material, colors were very nice. Have to say though, she seems to be a little 1 dimensional too, the halter dresses, blouses and they all seem to have the same waistline band.

Leanne, she did use a little too much waves, her colors were nice, could have used a blue green color in some outfits.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by straycat80;3218374;
    Did anyone notice Korto had Bianca from Americas Next Top Model in her show?
    Yep and wearing the other green dress was a ANTM winner, Danielle..now Dani and much thinner than she was on the show.

How different were the reactions from Korto and Kenley to Tim's comments. Kenley almost had a nervous breakdown, complaining about how people call her a copycat (Methinks the lady doth protest too much), and Korto just listened very calmly. Both were very resistant to make any changes, but Korto managed to be a grownup about it. It is all in the delivery.

FORT Fan

I've been a fan of LeAnne's since her very first sculptural skirt and I can see why she won last night. Every piece in her collection could be worn with any other piece. It was truly a "collection".

Korto's - while the colors were strong and vibrant - had several pieces that looked exactly alike except for length. And personally I can't see anyone wearing that extremely short green dress off the runway.

Kenley's dresses, especially the wedding dress, look like a direct copy of someone else's and while I appreciate the drama she brought to this season the judges got it right. It's sad to me to see such a pretty girl who is not pretty at all on the inside.

FORT Fogey

Dear Leanne,

It is time to get a current hair cut and some instruction on make-up application. You need a stylist to choose the proper clothing for your body and colors that complement your skin tone. Short skirts and chunky shoes are not a good choice for your legs and tiny upper body. I am glad you won, now go wow em!

Love, a horrified fan.

FORT Fogey

I saw Rachael Zoe in the audience...so maybe that could be her next BRAVO series..MAKING OVER LEEANNE

Quote Originally Posted by Art_930;3218446;
    Korto's - while the colors were strong and vibrant - had several pieces that looked exactly alike except for length. And personally I can't see anyone wearing that extremely short green dress off the runway.
    Agree, the halters on almost neary outfit. Green dress was a little too short, 2 inches longer and it would be perfect.

On Regis and Kelly today, Leanne's hair was trimmed and shaped, and she didn't wear her glasses - however she still wore the clunky heels. She'll get there with her own style...after all she is moving to New York.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3218354;
    Yes, that would be granola. Another phrase would be earthy crunchy. Laura Bennet was definately NOT granola.

watts Laura was sophistocated cocktail party on the opposite end from granola.

I thought when they said "granola", they meant bland or boring. Maybe I'm wrong.

I'm very happy for Leanne. I figured that she would be the one to come out on top! Her collection had the most cohesion, I think, and though it was a little bland and repetitive, it was crafted wonderfully and totally hers.

Korto's collection horrified me. There were a couple pieces I really liked (the white dress was GORGEOUS) but other than that, it did look a trifle cheap. It just wasn't my style at all.

I feel so bad for Kenley. she just doesn't get it, does she? Either way, I thought her collection was very nice, and I woud've placed her second instead of Korto in a heartbeat. I think she has a more interesting point of view, even if she is "inspired"... AHEM... by other designer's work. The wedding dress was ridiculously close to AMQ's but I didn't feel completely turned on the Balenciaga relation. I really liked Kenley's collection, but I think if she had had a better attitude and been a little more open to subtle changes, she could've won or at least placed second.

I can't believe Korto won fan favorite. She annoyed me with her dour faces and monotone voice. Ugh. I would've picked Jarrell, definitely.
    ~~~~~~~~~amandalynn!
    this is a reason for broken wings!

+ Reply to Thread