+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: 10/15 Show Discussion - Season Finale **SPOILERS**

Re: 10/15 Show Discussion - Season Finale **SPOILERS**

I wonder why they're not having a reunion show? It's usually the highlight of the season. Last year's fan favorite gets to hand the new fan fave an over-sized check. Perhaps Kenley's whining was too much to handle for one more show? Or maybe it's cancelled because of Lifetime's battle to land this show? Whatever the reason, I'm going to miss the show.
    ~~~~

I can't think when I have to think. ~~moi~~

FORT Newbie

None of the Bravo shows seem to be having Reunion shows this season... I don't get it. I always looked forward to them.

I must admit I liked all the collections. That was a tough pick for the judges. I really thought that Korto was going to win. I do hope Kenley takes Nina's and Tim's and Michael's advice as far as learning some design history and knowing what other designers are famous for.

Oh, I too would have loved a reunion show. All the Kenley hate and Kenley attitude would have been devine. I could see there being a couple of catfights.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Thanks for the updates, all of you. I get to watch in a minute, finally! I am thrilled to have a Portland designer win this contest. I love her work and her lack of drama...I do think that maybe she could afford a hair makeover? Or at least a shampoo, as someone stated earlier in this thread.
    Last edited by Cootie; 10-16-2008 at 01:12 AM.

Leanne is from Yuba City, California! Anyhoo, Tim's blog is up on Bravo. So is Michael Kors, but his is boring.

Leanne did wash her hair that morning, but she really needs new glasses and a new 'do.

Korto's collection looked so much nicer on tv than online. She wowed me, but Leanne deserved to win.
    Last edited by roses4me; 10-16-2008 at 01:37 AM. Reason: added
    ~~~~

I can't think when I have to think. ~~moi~~

as I recall, a few seasons back, one of the finalists didn't win because her design style for fashion week was too repetitive and one note ( the lady with the red hair). So, I'm a bit confused as to why Leanne won. Her wavy design was done to death, talk about being hit over the head with one look. For me, personaly, her color pallate was bland, she came across as being afraid to use color and her wedding dress hung funny in the back, making the model look like she had `muffin butt.' Korto or Kenley would have been the better choices to win, imo, both of their collections had such life and joy and passion- I didn't feel that with Leanne, and frankly,I thought her skirts and dressess looked like those little white hat things you put on the end of turkey or chicken legs. Kenely has the ability to go far beyond what she is doing -she showed a wide range of techniques which all tied in, once she learns the history of fashion she'll learn to meld it into he rown style (which i personally think is joyful)Korto has this amazing ability to blend jewelry into her creations so that they are part of the outfit itself- her color choices are stunning, she can design for a wide range of sizes. Her cultural influence is present without being overwhelming.
    I feel the judges got it wrong, although it's apparent a lot of viewers think leanne is the best, as well.
    " I'm a Republican. I only seem liberal because I believe hurricanes are caused by high barometric pressure, not gay marriage."- Will Macavoy The Newsroom

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar

This is the Balenciaga dress Nina referred to, from the 2006 fall RTW. There are similarities in color palette, silhouette and technique, but not quite enough for me to actually say it's a complete knock off. I mean, just because Balenciaga used a technique doesn't mean it can't be done a few years later by someone else.

I loved Korto's collection, though it really seemed more resort than spring to me. I think it was the color story that made it seem that way to me.

I was really happy that Leanne won, I loved every bit of her collection. I'd love to see what she would do with a fuller (35-40 looks) collection.
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

Quote Originally Posted by roses4me;3218289;
    Leanne is from Yuba City, California! Anyhoo, Tim's blog is up on Bravo. So is Michael Kors, but his is boring.

Leanne did wash her hair that morning, but she really needs new glasses and a new 'do.

Korto's collection looked so much nicer on tv than online. She wowed me, but Leanne deserved to win.
    Her bio says she is from Yuba City, but she has been in Portland for the last three years. Her design sense and her look are definitely Portland. And because I have a son who lives in Portland I know that just because her hair was wet, doesn't mean it was shampooed, to be technical. I do think it was, as her hair looked clean in the show, but many of her peers in the area like it without product for some reason... it is a trend that I see as a little weird...

I'm happy for Leanne, and she's a worthy winner, but I really preferred Korto's collection and was rooting for her.

My concern with Leanne is, what are you left with when you take away all the petals? What can she do without the geometric gimmicks? Her color palette was kind of washed (even for spring), although I will admit the bridal gown is just as stunning the second time. I just saw more life in Korto's clothes.

I'm glad she won Fan Favorite at least.

And so ends 5 seasons of PR on Bravo. *sigh* At least I'll have the DVDs to keep me company. I hope they don't muck it up wherever/whenever it comes back.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3218268;
    I must admit I liked all the collections. That was a tough pick for the judges. I really thought that Korto was going to win. I do hope Kenley takes Nina's and Tim's and Michael's advice as far as learning some design history and knowing what other designers are famous for.
    Now that I have seen the entire show, I agree that all the collections had great work featured. I thought Kenley had 5 very nice designs, but then some were hideous. Korto's were fantastic, I just like Leanne's better. The criticism that Leanne made some very complicated design appear simple was something I agreed with. I have been sewing for over 50 years (I started sewing at a very very young age (4) - not kidding!) and her designs were pretty extraordinary.

+ Reply to Thread