+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 10/8 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Re: 10/8 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by hutchlover;3214612;
    I kinda disagree. Christian's certainly wasn't translateable to the marketplace. Unless you're 5'10" & 90 lbs. And only wear black with puffy sleeves.
    True, but Christian's inspiration is high-fashion European designers, whereas Jerell seemed to pull more from Hollywood costumes, which I guess is more of a no-no among fashionistas. I guess I can't shake his Olympic "Bo Peep" outfit from my head, I can barely remember anything else he did after that one.

Like I said, I love him and thought he did a lot of great work, but between him and Korto, personally I'd pick Korto.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Ė Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by hutchlover;3214612;
    I kinda disagree. Christian's certainly wasn't translateable to the marketplace. Unless you're 5'10" & 90 lbs. And only wear black with puffy sleeves.
    Thats how I feel about Christian.. nothing was real, it was just gorgeous tho.. but wearable? Marketable? Translatable? no no no.

I thought Jerrell should have won it all, I just don't get it.
    "Man is Elyse [top model] ever thin. Makes me want to go to the gym. Right after I eat my sandwich." - Giz
    "Every time you donít buy CoverGirl cosmetics, Jesus cries" - SnowflakeGirl
    "And I'm also tired of people saying "OMG I'LL NEVER WATCH AGAIINNN". Come on now. ANTM is cocaine and you are the lindsay lohans who crave it" - queenegoist

Kao

So Jerrell was robbed so they could stick with the whole "Women for the Final Three" thing.

Ugh.

What a joke, that "b--ch" Kenly should NOT be getting the privilege of going to Bryant Park after all the "sh-t" she has pulled. She's rude to everyone, then whimpers that no body likes her. DUH!!!! When you treat people the way she does, why is she surprised that nobody wants to talk to her or ask her to accompany them for a slice of Pizza! She's just lucky she didn't end up with a knife in her back. So ultimately Jerrell didn't get any perks for having won last week. He should have had an automatic pass into the finals and Kenley should have been tarred and feathered (using the wedding dress she STOLE from Alexander McQueen (that alone should have had her outlawed from the finals). I am just VERY disappointed in the way this show is wrapping up. You end up with one designer who can't do anything but ethnic designs (don't see a lot of them at small town Walmart USA) a girl who sews great (Leanne) but doesn't have an ounce of creativity in her entire body, and a "b__ch" who blames everyone else for her failings "cuz they're all out to get me!"

Quote Originally Posted by ChristoferHawke;3214657;
    What a joke, that "b--ch" Kenly should NOT be getting the privilege of going to Bryant Park after all the "sh-t" she has pulled. She's rude to everyone, then whimpers that no body likes her. DUH!!!! When you treat people the way she does, why is she surprised that nobody wants to talk to her or ask her to accompany them for a slice of Pizza! She's just lucky she didn't end up with a knife in her back. So ultimately Jerrell didn't get any perks for having won last week. He should have had an automatic pass into the finals and Kenley should have been tarred and feathered (using the wedding dress she STOLE from Alexander McQueen (that alone should have had her outlawed from the finals). I am just VERY disappointed in the way this show is wrapping up. You end up with one designer who can't do anything but ethnic designs (don't see a lot of them at small town Walmart USA) a girl who sews great (Leanne) but doesn't have an ounce of creativity in her entire body, and a "b__ch" who blames everyone else for her failings "cuz they're all out to get me!"
    I never feel like people should lose just because they're jerks, so I don't think that kenley's abrasive personality should make her lose. I think her stolen '50s "design aesthetic" should be the reason she loses. It's insane that her best work is at the very end of the competition, and it's insane Jerrell's win last week meant nothing. Lame lame lame.

Anyone have a pic of the McQueen dress she stole? I saw a similarly cut dress over alot of tuille, but I'm not sure if the dress Kors was referencing was more obviously similar. Are they talking about this blue dress in the middle?

ETA: Someone else says it's this one here.. I definitely see it.
    Last edited by CourtneyLove; 10-09-2008 at 12:52 AM.
    "Man is Elyse [top model] ever thin. Makes me want to go to the gym. Right after I eat my sandwich." - Giz
    "And I'm also tired of people saying "OMG I'LL NEVER WATCH AGAIINNN". Come on now. ANTM is cocaine and you are the lindsay lohans who crave it" - queenegoist

FORT Fogey

Kinda spooky. If it's down to Leanne, Korto, and Kenley, and we assume Korto won't win, and Leanne isn't always consistent, Kenley could really win this thing.

Oh, and YES! This has to be the dress and yes, Kenley's was clearly very similar.

Quote Originally Posted by CourtneyLove;3214660;
    ETA: Someone else says it's this one here.. I definitely see it.

I think people should cut Kenley some slack about the whole stealing designs thing...lets face it, I'm sure she wasn't the first person to come up with that design, but I'm also sure that McQueen or whatever was the first either. Goodness sakes, there's only so many ways a dress silhouette can look, none of the dresses that any of the designers have done in any of season are the FIRST of its kind, and thats the TRUTH. What really counts is what Michael said after that comment, its if you can see the designer within that dress, and yes, that outfit was very Kenley and true to her aesthetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3214672;
    Kinda spooky. If it's down to Leanne, Korto, and Kenley, and we assume Korto won't win, and Leanne isn't always consistent, Kenley could really win this thing.

Oh, and YES! This has to be the dress and yes, Kenley's was clearly very similar.
    No... I just found it.. it's even worse.. it's a carbon copy... right down to the color.. not to mention it's similar to the brown/yellow feather dress Christian designed LAST season..

unbelievable.

Kenley's

Last edited by MFWalkoff; 10-09-2008 at 04:24 PM.

Kao

Oh my sweet baby Jesus, it just gets better and better.

The slight differences can be explained with THIS McQueen dress from the same collection in the jpg I attached.

So basically, what she did was take two of his dresses and merge them, use the feathers and coloring from the first dress and created her own "original" design. How the hell did this slide past Nina? Because of all people, she would KNOW where this dress came from!

How she did not get disqualified for this I have no idea. At this point, I call producer interference.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar

While I wouldn't bet against Kenley having pilfered the design from Alexander McQueen's Fall 2008 Ready to Wear (the silhouette from the red, the color/feathers of the ivory one) the fact of the matter is that neither is really that original, as I'm pretty sure I've seen the same thing in productions of Swan Lake.
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

+ Reply to Thread