+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Project Runway 6 (Lifetime) - News and Speculation

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Re: Project Runway Season 6 (Lifetime?) - News and Speculation

Something to do with PROJECT RUNWAY will air on THE EARLY SHOW on TUESDAY, MARCH 3RD.

According to TVGuide, the synopsis is:

Save a Bundle; ``Project Runway''; chef Dede Wilson.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

In case you weren't feeling bad enough about things already...
    'Project Runway': The Lost Season?
    With its future in legal limbo, the reality hit wraps its latest season -- one we may never get to see

Here's how Project Runway finales used to go: During New York Fashion Week, amateur designers stepped onto a catwalk to introduce their collections. Through tears of exhaustion and joy, they thanked their moms and proclaimed the Runway experience their greatest ever. The event was emotional and exciting — for both the series' aspiring couturiers, and for the fans who had followed the contestants' journey on TV.

Not this year. For the first time in Runway history, the swan song, taped at New York City's Bryant Park on Feb. 20, took place in a pop culture vacuum. Because of ongoing lawsuits — involving The Weinstein Co., which produces Runway; NBC Universal, parent company to Runway's old network, Bravo; and Lifetime, which says it owns the rights to Runway's sixth season — not a single minute of the new season has aired. As a result, this ''finale'' was a logistical nightmare. To maintain secrecy, none of the three finalists were permitted to appear on stage — and their collections were sent down the runway anonymously. Andrea Wong, president and CEO of Lifetime Networks, was noticeably absent, perhaps because a New York State court has told Lifetime it cannot promote, broadcast, or even discuss Runway's upcoming season. As for the collections, critics found them lackluster. ''It's so depressing,'' sighed season 4 winner Christian Siriano after the show. ''There wasn't the normal energy in the room, where everyone's sooo excited. The designers must be so depressed backstage. They can't have fun!''

No one entangled in the Runway debacle is having any fun right now. The fight began last April, when Harvey Weinstein announced he was moving the series from Bravo to Lifetime, starting with season 6, which was to premiere in January. Bravo's parent company, NBC Universal, immediately sued Weinstein, claiming he had violated the network's right of first refusal. In the fall, The Weinstein Co. countersued NBC Universal, and then Lifetime jumped in and sued...everyone. While NBC Universal declined to comment, The Weinstein Co.'s VP of television and film production Barbara Schneeweiss says, ''We are very optimistic that this will get resolved,'' and in a statement, Lifetime said, ''We continue to look forward to this entire matter being resolved.'' But sources close to the situation say a settlement is unlikely anytime soon. (The next court date is scheduled for March 19.) If the case goes to trial, the sixth cycle — which filmed in L.A. last fall and is almost entirely edited and ready for broadcast — could become the lost season of Runway. ''My heart goes out to the designers,'' says cycle 5 finalist Korto Momolu. ''People who are in charge need to think about the reason the show was created, which was to give underdogs a chance.'' Judge Nina Garcia swears that season 6 is ''fantastic. If it does get to air, everybody's going to be really excited to see it.''

But what if they're not? Fashion and entertainment trends change overnight, so it's possible the sixth season will become as passé as Siriano's once-ubiquitous catchphrase, ''fierce.'' Still, exec producer Jane Cha isn't worried. ''There's nothing in the episodes that's topical or would seem out of place months from now,'' she insists. ''It will feel fresh. Call it our own little version of Lost,'' she adds. ''We're playing with time.'' Unfortunately, time has a way of running out.

-------------------------

Style on Trial: The Project Runway season 6 finale collections

Who's the next great American designer? Hard to imagine it's one of these three anonymous finalists, whose collections 
 were polished, but failed to inspire awe like past winners Christian Siriano and Leanne Marshall. Our take on the latest trio of Runway hopefuls.

Click to see Spoiler:
    A dramatically oversize cardigan was a rare head-turner in an otherwise dismal parade 
 of black, beige, and gray 
L.A. casual. When a sweater is your signature piece, something's not right.

Click to see Spoiler:
    Shimmering fabrics and feminine silhouettes made for a pretty collection. But where was the innovation? The floral garlands smacked of Marchesa, and the draping recalled season 4's Rami.

Click to see Spoiler:
    The edgiest line of the bunch. Slashed trousers, wool-felt centurion hats, and an extravagant gown — nearly all in black — just might be crazy enough to win. If the season ever airs, that is.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

The "Lost" episodes seems to be an apt description right now. Court dates stretch and stretch and stretch more than over-worm leggings. I'm with Korto in that the underdogs get dismissed while the big dogs fight it out. Your spoiler tagged information doesn't sound too happy, yet Nina extols the way it went down. Hope we can see and judge for ourselves.

P.S. Team Schneebly rocks!
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Wow, Heidi is getting testy:
    Heidi Klum Urges Fans To Protest
    March 11th, 2009 1:02pm EDT

Supermodel Heidi Klum has urged fans of her hit show Project Runway to assemble outside TV mogul Harvey Weinstein's home - to protest delays stopping the sixth season from airing.

The series has been left in limbo as bosses at TV station Bravo battle Weinstein's attempts to transfer it to the Lifetime network. The final episode was filmed during New York Fashion Week, but not a single segment of the latest season has aired - leaving presenter Heidi Klum fuming.

And although Oscar-winning producer Weinstein has vowed the show will reach audiences by any means possible, Klum admits she is growing impatient.

She says, "I think that people should be demonstrating outside of Harvey Weinstein's house. If it were up to me, it would be on by now."
    Hope she doesn't "fume" herself out of a job. Ultimately Harvey owns the show...
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Good point, MFW...but, if Heidi were herself to be auf'd, I'm sure she'd be OK...my guess is she's got a few bucks stashed away somwhere...

I think it was during Heidi's appearance on the Ellen show last week where she also tried to rally a protest. If not Ellen, then one of the shows...she was actually there to promote her new bra for Victoria Secret, but the question was asked and she took off...she also suggested pickets, etc. She'll survive, however she seems to be the only public voice to speak loudly about the situation. Others may whisper or not speak at all, but she is putting herself out there. Go Heidi!
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Attention all personnel: THE WAR IS OVER!!!
    [04.01.09 - 01:02 PM] The following statement was released today by NBC UNIVERSAL:

NBC Universal, The Weinstein Company and Lifetime have resolved their disputes. The Weinstein Company will pay NBCU for the right to move Project Runway to Lifetime. All of the parties are pleased with the outcome. Harvey Weinstein added, "I want to personally congratulate Jeff Zucker and NBCU on their success in the litigation and thank Jeff for resolving this in a professional manner. We look forward to working together on our ongoing projects."
    [04.01.09 - 02:02 PM] ANDREA WONG PROJECT RUNWAY STATEMENT
    Released by Lifetime

Andrea Wong, President and CEO, Lifetime Networks

LOS ANGELES, April 1 -- I couldn't be more excited that Lifetime will bring its viewers an amazing, all-new season of Project Runway this summer. As the highest-rated cable network for women, Lifetime is the perfect home for this outstanding program as well as its companion series Models of the Runway. All of us at Lifetime are thrilled to move forward with Heidi, Tim, Nina, Michael, The Weinstein Company and the entire Project Runway team. We are proud to add these shows to our growing slate of original programming, including the hit series Army Wives, the all-new upcoming series Drop Dead Diva and our top-rated original movies.
    It is done! No word yet on an official premiere date on Lifetime, but I can't imagine they will wait too long, as the entire season is already finished and ready to air...

I already checked it out to make sure this wasn't an April Fool's joke. We're gonna make it work again!
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3401051;
    Attention all personnel: THE WAR IS OVER!!!

It is done! No word yet on an official premiere date on Lifetime, but I can't imagine they will wait too long, as the entire season is already finished and ready to air...

I already checked it out to make sure this wasn't an April Fool's joke. We're gonna make it work again!
    Thanks MFW for the good news!!! And to top this off, I just saw the ads for The Fashion Show during MMASM (it premieres on May 7). It will have Issac Mizrahi and Kelly Rowland as hosts. And one of the contestants is that crazy LA designer with the foreign accent that was on JDMA who had the models do that crazy leaning-back-and-low walk for his fashion show. Interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by watts;3401137;
    Thanks MFW for the good news!!! And to top this off, I just saw the ads for The Fashion Show during MMASM (it premieres on May 7). It will have Issac Mizrahi and Kelly Rowland as hosts. And one of the contestants is that crazy LA designer with the foreign accent that was on JDMA who had the models do that crazy leaning-back-and-low walk for his fashion show. Interesting...
    Hoo RAH!!!

I'm so glad we'll finally get to see Season 6.
    Ain't Love Grand!

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

It doesn't go into much detail as far as calendar dates are concerned, but it does give us something to look forward to:

The lawsuit has been settled. In a statement issued Wednesday, NBC Universal said Weinstein will pay the media company "for the right to move `Project Runway' to Lifetime. All parties are pleased with the outcome.'"

The show's sixth season — which has already been taped — will air this summer on the female-centric channel, said Lifetime CEO Andrea Wong.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

+ Reply to Thread