+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Project Runway 6 (Lifetime) - News and Speculation

FORT Fogey

Re: Project Runway 6 (Lifetime) - Premieres Thur. Aug 20th - News and Speculation

Maybe, because this season, Heidi was the only regular judge present at every judging. And Tim was there every time so he knows who had talent there.

FORT Fogey

Re: Project Runway 6 (Lifetime) - Premieres Thur. Aug 20th - News and Speculation

Quote Originally Posted by Kao;3743804;
    Tim Gunn recently had a speaking engagement at Florida University, and when someone asked him what his opinion was of this season he "questioned if Heidi picked the right top 3 for this season." Ouch.
    So a top 3 means 2 are eliminated tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by watts;3744121;
    So a top 3 means 2 are eliminated tonight?
    That's the plan. They may throw in a twist, like having Chris & Rami make collections for a runoff in S4, or the weird "Jamall won the challenge, but we really didn't want him in the final 3, so let's have the final 4 make collections anyway and we can get rid of him then" twist in S5.

You never know with this show.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FORT Fogey

Tim Gunn recently had a speaking engagement at Florida University, and when someone asked him what his opinion was of this season he "questioned if Heidi picked the right top 3 for this season." Ouch.
    This makes no sense now. It seems the obvious front runners are in place and expected.

old cow

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3744617;
    This makes no sense now. It seems the obvious front runners are in place and expected.
    I agree but maybe he was judging by just last nite's design and not their entire body of work thru out the season....

Quote Originally Posted by raisinthesun;3744690;
    I agree but maybe he was judging by just last nite's design and not their entire body of work thru out the season....
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Or maybe the final collections (as many who have seen the pics have observed) were so mediocre, they caused Tim to questioning of the final 3?
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Kao

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3744617;
    ...or LT knew who they wanted for the final 3 early on, and the producers did everything possible to make sure the desired outcome happened. :/

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3744949;
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Or maybe the final collections (as many who have seen the pics have observed) were so mediocre, they caused Tim to questioning of the final 3?
    Ah ha! I bet you are right. This makes sense now.

FORT Fogey

I agree with MFW. And Tim was present in most of the casting (probably the cast selection, too) and in all the challenges at various times of the WIP (so he has an idea of how the designers' minds, and taste levels, works). So he knew which talent had it in them all the time. Maybe that was the reason he advised CH to play it safe with a dress instead of making pants in one challenge, if I remember correctly, he said "if it will help you get further" (in the show). He recognised CH's talent during casting and wanted her to land a spot in the F3.

FORT Fogey

Click to see Spoiler:
    I read where Chrisian Siriano saw the final runway and wasn't very impressed. He said one designer has some interesting stuff, but that was about it. It promises to be a rather ho-hum finale.

Is it just me, but do women seem to lack the flair that some of the men have brought to the table in previous seasons, e.g. Christian, Chris March, Santino, the bald guy who is now a wedding dress designer, the winner of Season 1, etc.?

I can't think of a single female who has been as dramatic as any of these guys. Not that their work isn't beautiful, it's just not as "out there" as the guys.

I'm just wondering why this is - or am I misremembering? Misinterpreting?

+ Reply to Thread