+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Project Runway 6 (Lifetime) - News and Speculation

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Re: Project Runway Season 6 (Lifetime?) - News and Speculation

Looking forward to the new season. I hope Lifetime airs it on their HD channel also.

Hooray! Yipee! Bravo! (ooops) Finally. Thank you all litigants for being professional and making it work!
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Harvey Weinstein announced on (ugh) Ryan Seacrest's radio show that Season 6 will debut on Lifetime on August 15th.

This seems odd, since that is a Saturday, the least-watched night of the week for TV. This could be the first time that a TV show got higher ratings for a rerun later in the week than for its original airing...

But then, this is Harvey Weinstein we're talking about, so it's possible that he announced it prematurely. There's nothing on the Lifetime site yet; I'll believe it when it appears there or in a press release.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Re: Project Runway Season 6 (Lifetime) - News and Speculation

That is strange that it would premiere on a Saturday.

However . . . . . with wishful thinking, I checked the month of July. The 15th is a Wednesday that month!!

A girl can dream, can't she......
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew;3404130;
    That is strange that it would premiere on a Saturday.

However . . . . . with wishful thinking, I checked the month of July. The 15th is a Wednesday that month!!

A girl can dream, can't she......
    July 15th or August 15th -- I'm so glad we finally have a potential date that I don't even care that it's 2 potential dates!

Let's hope for 7/15, though...I'm a dreamer too!
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

I'm super-excited for this season! But I'm moreso happy about all the participants involved in this season as they finally get the chance to show their talent to all of America after being in limbo for what felt like ages. I'm still sad about the change in channels, but I'll deal.

And I'm happy the models will finally get some recognition with that little spin-off. For seasons, I've always wondered if the models were just as colorful as the designers as the only time the show has dedicated some airtime to the models was in season 1, with the infamous Morganza.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Lifetime has been premiering the Nora Roberts movies on Saturday night, so they may consider that their "premiere" ratings night. I, too, am hoping for July and mid-week rather than August. I've been patient, but it has been too long.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Lifetime is finally getting more specific:
    PROJECT RUNWAY RETURNS TO THE CATWALK WITH AUGUST 20 PREMIERE ON LIFETIME TELEVISION

NEW YORK, NY (April 21, 2009) Lifetime Television sews up the summer with the highly anticipated Emmy-nominated and Peabody Award-winning hit series Project Runway, premiering on Thursday, August 20, at 10PM ET/PT. Produced by The Weinstein Company, Bunim-Murray Productions and Full Picture Productions, host Heidi Klum, mentor Tim Gunn and judges Michael Kors (leading fashion designer) and Nina Garcia (fashion director of Marie Claire magazine), will guide sixteen new contestants as they show off their design skills to see who makes the cut for Fashion Week. Filmed in Los Angeles and New York, Project Runway also features influential guest judges from the worlds of fashion, music, film and television.
    Aug. 20th is a Thursday (whew). The buzz is that they are waiting until August because they don't want to compete with Bravo's The Fashion Show, which debuts in a couple of weeks and should be finished by then.

Also, Lifetime is crowing that their website will have "500 Project Runway video clips", but since they didn't get the rights to seasons 1-5 in the deal, it will all be new stuff. It does sound like their site might be a little more interactive than Bravo's, but we'll see.

Oh, and on an unrelated note, Season 7 is already casting, and it's confirmed that it will be filming in NYC again this summer.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Seventeen Weeks!

A loooong time to wait, but it's good to know it will finally be aired. Looking forward to it.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3421366;
    Oh, and on an unrelated note, Season 7 is already casting, and it's confirmed that it will be filming in NYC again this summer.
    So, MFW, does that mean we can expect undercover reports from you as they are out and about in The Big Apple?

+ Reply to Thread