+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: 9/3 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Re: 9/3 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by ChristoferHawke;3189081;
    Okay all you experts. Just who is Rachel Zoey and why should I care?
    I just watched the first episode of Rachel Zoe's show and guess what? I DON'T care. What a mess she is. I've never seen the need for stylists. Just something for brainless stars to spend their money on, I guess. All you have to do is get a gay friend and take him shopping with you! The best taste and an additional helping of gossip to go along with it.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by busilis32;3191165;
    Given what I heard of her personal history, she has every reason not to be spewing rainbows.
    pfttttttttttttttttttt. Everyone has a story to tell. It is up to us to create our life from this moment on. Many sit in the 'poor me' state until they die and that is more tradgic than anyones history could ever be. Missed opportunity is regretable.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by tvaholic;3190893;
    Diane Von Furstenberg was scary! She looked like she escaped from the "drag queen" challenge.
    Okay, this is funny and I saw that too.

I finally watched the episode and Im happy with Leanne being the winner. Korto was good too but i feel more power in Leanne's dress then any other. Love, love the vintage look. I dont understand why Kenley was favored. I thought the design is too much, even if its only one piece. i guess my taste in the dress is different from the "professional".

Im glad Joe is still in. The front is fantastic but i agree, the back is a huge turn off. I thought Stella's was pretty good, if only the coat was less puffy but still, im sad she is gone. Why couldnt it be Suede or Jerrell. Im gonna miss Stella and her leather mouth *tears*
    Currently Watching: America's Next Top Model c11, I Love Money and Project Runway 5

Want to Win: Lauren Brie (ANTM 11) and Korto (PR5)
    Just Go Away: Analeigh (ANTM 11) and Kenley (PR5)

Quote Originally Posted by ChristoferHawke;3191386;
    I just watched the first episode of Rachel Zoe's show and guess what? I DON'T care. What a mess she is. I've never seen the need for stylists. Just something for brainless stars to spend their money on, I guess. All you have to do is get a gay friend and take him shopping with you! The best taste and an additional helping of gossip to go along with it.
    Now now now... we can't say that all gay men have fashion forward innate abilities! Some are just as clueless as anyone else.
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChristoferHawke;3191386;
    The role of the stylist is to develop a style for a busy celebrity, who has neither the time nor the inclination to go shopping. Good stylists will get to know the client and develop a style that fits the client's personality and lifestyle. Bad stylists/gay best friends frequently just stick what ever they personally like on to the client. Which can result in a "What was she thinking" picture.
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Chorita KaBoom;3193478;
    The role of the stylist is to develop a style for a busy celebrity, who has neither the time nor the inclination to go shopping. Good stylists will get to know the client and develop a style that fits the client's personality and lifestyle. Bad stylists/gay best friends frequently just stick what ever they personally like on to the client. Which can result in a "What was she thinking" picture.
    Yes and stylists develop relationships with designers, which is key. The celebrity needs only to show up and have an array of choices before them that their stylist has worked hard to assemble.

New designers seek top stylists in order to create a relationship, as well. There is a scramble to dress the stars and a stylist plays a big role.

Korto's dress was very nice but I didn't care for the black and white print (looks like a zebra print) the style was good, the yellow blending in with black and white Fabric. Good color coordination.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789