+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 9/3 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Re: 9/3 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by hutchlover;3188082;
    I'm just surprised they picked Leanne's over Korto's.

Both were gorgeous, but I felt Leanne's while higher end, wouldn't appeal to as many buyers. I think Korto's could be made to fit many more types of bodies as well. And that hint of bright yellow beneath the overdress -
    The yellow made me cry, but she probably should have won anyway... Leanne's dress was great, but I thought overall Korto's dress/jacket should have won... Like you said, Korto's could fit alot of women, which is what made DVF famous to begin with, that her wrap dresses flattered everyone, of course... but hey... at least Kenley's nightmare didn't win.
    "Man is Elyse [top model] ever thin. Makes me want to go to the gym. Right after I eat my sandwich." - Giz
    "Every time you donít buy CoverGirl cosmetics, Jesus cries" - SnowflakeGirl
    "And I'm also tired of people saying "OMG I'LL NEVER WATCH AGAIINNN". Come on now. ANTM is cocaine and you are the lindsay lohans who crave it" - queenegoist

Quote Originally Posted by busilis32;3188313;
    He (Blayne) couldn't leave soon enough for me, especially after those comments about the Olsen twin. Just creepy.
    Was he trying to convince us (or himself) that he might marry woman some day?

Quote Originally Posted by brierpatch;3188385;
    Was he trying to convince us (or himself) that he might marry woman some day?
    All he was thinking about is how many tanning booths Mary-Kate could buy him... "unlimited tanning cream, I'll always be pretty!"

miss ya already, Stella
    "Man is Elyse [top model] ever thin. Makes me want to go to the gym. Right after I eat my sandwich." - Giz
    "Every time you donít buy CoverGirl cosmetics, Jesus cries" - SnowflakeGirl
    "And I'm also tired of people saying "OMG I'LL NEVER WATCH AGAIINNN". Come on now. ANTM is cocaine and you are the lindsay lohans who crave it" - queenegoist

Blayne needs to go next. I suspect the fabric barf comment Heidi made in the previews is in relation to something Blayne made since it could have described a couple of his designs to date.
    I thought she said "pooping" fabric, not "barfing".
    I thought Michael Kors was the one who said pooping. I know Heidi said that last season, but I could have sworn I saw Michael Kors saying it in the previews. Also, its got to be Blayne, he's the only one I can see making something like that...if not, possibly Jerell. He has a tendency to over design.
    OK...last season Nina said that the model looked like she was "pooing fabric". She said it to that looney woman who would spit on the fabric (can't remember her name, but I can see her face in my mind).
    On the preview for next week, it was Michael, not Heidi, that said the model looked like she was "pooping fabric"
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

I am sad that Suede or Blayne did not go home, but the judges were right because they just didn't deserve to go home this week...

I really don't like Joe. I'm unimpressed with him and his work.

I liked all of the top three this week, they all really deserved it!

Leanne is growing on me, but I find the whole "Le-animal" thing really annoying. I realize it is what she calls her line and she used it again tonight. It just sounds completely childish and unsophisticated to me. Probably because it makes me think of Grranimals...

I don't have a problem with Terri doing pants repeatedly - aren't most of the others doing skirts/dresses repeatedly?

I was sorry to see Stella go, but it was time. She is a cool lady, but her style just wasn't right for this competition.

The problem with Joe is he's too literal at times. He follows directions on the challenges, but I really don't get his point of view and last night was the second time he had an issue with the lengths. He's had his moments of shine in the Olympic and Drag Queen challenge, but he's not a memorable designer in the least bit.

Stella will be missed since she doesn't force her personality unlike other contestants.
    Quote Originally Posted by holly71;3188405;
    OK...last season Nina said that the model looked like she was "pooing fabric". She said it to that looney woman who would spit on the fabric (can't remember her name, but I can see her face in my mind).
    On the preview for next week, it was Michael, not Heidi, that said the model looked like she was "pooping fabric"
    I'm actually pretty certain Heidi said it since I rewatched the fourth season not too long ago. Heidi made that comment on Elisa. Google "Heidi pooping fabric" and you'll find a few articles that mention her saying that.

Joe's backless top looked like an ice skating outfit! Too bad that there wasn't a Sasha Cohen challenge this season. Suede was really "Sueding" it up last night! I was hoping that he was cutting down on this habit. His stupid remark about not being a good spy because of his blue hair annoyed me. Yeah Suede, you're really unique with you're crazy little mohawk! Point it out to us because we haven't noticed. I had started to like Stella and was a little sad to hear she's gone. The sideways cap thing that she had going last night was driving me nuts! She probably put it on whenever the camera was on her because I can't imagine working with it. Jerell is really flying under the radar! I almost forget that he's on the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Cwebb;3188476;
    I'm actually pretty certain Heidi said it since I rewatched the fourth season not too long ago. Heidi made that comment on Elisa. Google "Heidi pooping fabric" and you'll find a few articles that mention her saying that.
    You are right! It was Heidi. I guess I shouldn't trust my memory so much, lol.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

I loved the top three. Great work from all of them. You can see at this point in the competition who the real talents are.

Leanne did an incredible job with that gown and short jacket. I love that she really listens to Tim's critiques and rethinks her design. That is what got her the win. That jacket was simply the perfect accompaniment to the long gown.

If Kenley had done some kind of short jacket to go with that stunning dress, then she might have won. I loved the design and fit of her dress. I also liked her defending it. I don't think she was defensive and hostile like Keith and Daniel. When she realized that she wasn't giving them chance to talk, then she apologized and kept quiet. I think even Dianne Von Furstenburg appreciated her passion for her design.

Korto's design didn't wow me at first, but the more I saw it the more I liked it. I hate yellow, so I had to get over that, and I am not a fan of stripes. But I do think it was very wearable and stylish and the jacket was great.

I knew Stella was going this time. I just had a sense. While I appreciate her lack of phoniness and hypocrisy, she can get under my skin. She is a little too "in your face" for me. I have had the feeling for a while now that she was not going for Bryant Park, but more for just getting the exposure so her zoltis and ratbone line of clothing would be successful. She is who she is and I didn't get the sense that she was too broken up about leaving. As she herself said, this is what she does and if you don't like it, then keep on going. And for me, I will.

Joe could have gone, too, with that mess he created. What was he thinking? It was just so poorly constructed. I thought he has some possibilities, but he just isn't up to the level of the top women here.

Blayne's was awful-licious again. I don't know what is keeping him on this show. Those cropped pants were horrendous. Plus, he is beyond annoying and more than a little creepy. It's obvious that he just doesn't have the talent for this competition and he needs to go.

I do have to say that Terri needs to get away from the pants. I think she does great work, but it's enough already. I want to see a dress or skirt, something else from her. With Leanne coming on strong here, she needs to step it up, because the competition among the women is tough.

Suede has been so mediocre for weeks now. He is just getting through because there are other designs that are much worse. But I don't think he will be there much longer.

I think it's going to come down to a battle among the women. Kenley, Korto, Leanne and Terri are the class in this group.

Did anyone else notice the AmEx commercial with DianeVF? It featured a beautiful long gown that looked like it was made of the same material the Korto picked. I wondered if that helped her or hurt her or made no difference at all...?

+ Reply to Thread