+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 8/20 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Re: 8/20 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Joe's methinks protests too much. He constantly throwing in our faces that he has daughters and makes dresses for them. Well, good. But don't use your kids to hide behind all the time and to prove you are straight. I don't care. I don't think much of the viewing audience cares if you are straight, gay, bisexual, or bipoplar. Get over it and design something we can either love or hate. You are almost as bad as Daniel with your "excuses". It's boring, dahling.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Heidi just about gave Keith the same speech as she gave Rami! "... We've seen it before..."

But I do indeed loooooooooooove Dan's dress... color and everything!

I think that Daniel's dress looked "off the rack".

Im surprised Blayne wasn't picked on for his horrible gay Jurassic pterodactyl number!

I'm not surprised that Daniel was eliminated, he really didn't get the challenges at all...he always went off base and his elimination was long overdue! His dress this week was pretty, but not right for the challenge.

Premium Member

I don't know what everyone else thinks , but those drag queens scared me.

Quote Originally Posted by tvaholic;3171038;
    I think that Daniel's dress looked "off the rack".
    Yeah, true, and it misses the point of the challenge but, if he modifies the skirted portion of the dress, I could definitely rock it.

Quote Originally Posted by paridy;3171042;
    I don't know what everyone else thinks , but those drag queens scared me.
    Oh, they're absolute cards!

I absolutely LOOOOVE drag queens!

Heck, when I was in my preteens and teens I used to try to emulate the drag queens I saw on TV and in movies because I thought they were wonderful on how a strong, independent, fiercely confident woman with a zestful joie de vive and ultra femininity should behave!

And now I'm an over-the-top, cabaret Egyptian bellydancer who occasionally performs in various nightclubs and restaurants!
    Last edited by Kocky_Kamikaze; 08-21-2008 at 03:13 AM.

[QUOTE=KinmokuPrincess;3171041;]Im surprised Blayne wasn't picked on for his horrible gay Jurassic pterodactyl number!

I think that Blayne didn't get picked on because,although ugly, it did kinda fit his drag queen's style (based on what she was wearing at the beginning). His outfit made his girl look heavier than she did in her own dress.
    I loved the way that Joe came up with the jumpsuit idea right away. He also worked very well with his gal. She didn't like the collar, offered a suggestion and he went with it without an attitude or an argument.
    Suede's jacket was too much like Hedda's own outfit (they both had peblums).
    I have a question: Does Korto EVER smile??????? I can't stand her or her big ugly fro! Even though I hate her, I have to admit that her dress was one of the better ones. I think that it's because she likes to design for fat women (oops, excuse me.....women with curves!)

Premium Member

I just watched the episode, loved Joe's design and it was obvious Varla loved it also. He deserved the win. Was it just me or was Terri uber pissed that Joe won, the look she gave him when he came in after the win was if looks could kill.(Get over it already Terri, I wasn't blown away anyways by her design). Korto's was OK, but I still was ticked about her attitude from last week that I am glad she didn't win. Keith and those dang frills are getting are my nerves much like Rami's drapery fetish from last season. Daniel's dress was nice but not for this challenge, nothng screamed drag queen about it plus he doesn't take kindly to criticism (he didn't listen to Tim, bad decision). Stella's was so so, and Blayne's looked like a bird that had a broken wing. I wanted to know, what the heck they are using in the next challenge, I couldn't tell. Does anyone know?

+ Reply to Thread