Terri & Suede

Korto & Joe

Jerell & Stella

Blayne & Leanne

Kelli & Daniel (Kelly - Auf'd)

FORT Fogey

Re: Week 5 Creations - "Lipstck Jungle" Challenge

Thanks again.

Okay now I see the winning garment does not have fringe, they are fabric pieces. Where did I get the notion it was fringe? I like the winner, very much. I also like Terri's top and pants.

I dislike ALL of the others. Blayne's makes the model's body look very odd.

I don't think Kelli/Daniel's dress was the best, but I do think it was better than the Blayne/Leanne monstrosity. The outfit was supposed to be something Brooke Shields' character could wear in the boardroom and then in a swanky club...um, could she wear that in either place? I don't think so...

Quote Originally Posted by lobeck;3165321;
    I don't think Kelli/Daniel's dress was the best, but I do think it was better than the Blayne/Leanne monstrosity. The outfit was supposed to be something Brooke Shields' character could wear in the boardroom and then in a swanky club...um, could she wear that in either place? I don't think so...
    Plus Blayne's and Leanne's is ill-fitting. It makes the model's hips look really big, either go for a high-waist or low, not in between.

While I don't necessarily like the team challenges, I must say it's easier to overview the creations when it's only six of them.

I do think that the right outfit won. It was clean and simple, but the top made it stand out.

Jerrell needs to bring an editing eye, I feel that he has too much going on (same with the Olympic outfit). Terri, while her work is good it seems similar to what she did for the New York at night challenge, I'm not seeing something new in this outfit.

Not thrilled with any of them. The sketch I liked best was Leanne's, but it was probably too classic for a "sexy" TV show.

I think it was the sleeve up for day and down for evening that saved it for Keith. When can Kenley go home? I have no quarrel with Blaynes outfit. Brooke Shields knew she was taking a risk in selecting his sketch...and that it turned out like the sketch is as it should be.

I won't type in the show thread but place my sentiment about Daniel here. GROW A BACKBONE, already! He even looked like a wimp.

Let's see how Week 6's creations - or should I say costumations - turn out. Hopefully we'll all laugh instead of cry.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I really didn't like the winning look and still can't believe that it won. I hate the jarring contrast and think it looks cheap too. Plus, it just me or does anybody else hate Korto's model? She always looks so uncomfortable whenever you see her, like she doesn't want to be there. I want to like Blayne too since I thought his Olympic outfit was nice (and remember what it looked like at first), but he needs to try something different.

FORT Fogey

I actually liked Jerrel and Stella's look the best, as I could totally see Brooke's character wearing it, though maybe being sleeveless was a problem. Keith's was a bit too bland for me, Wendy usually pops in the show. I thought that Blaine or Daniel should have gone home though.

Keith's was the least offensive, but it wouldn't have won in another season.

Terri's was more Eva Longoria/Desperate Housewives. The rest were pure fug.

What is up with these people?
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by Endit;3165404;
    I really didn't like the winning look and still can't believe that it won.
    We may be the lone dissenters here, but I have to agree with you. I was not crazy bout Keith's dress at all. I really liked Terri's outfit though. I would definitely wear it. Korto and Joe's was OK, but there was something off about the fit of the dress when it was shown without the jacket. As far as Blayne's design...well, I liked the royal blue top underneath. It would be cute alone with some black pants maybe
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Kao

You're not. I hated that Keith's dress too. I think that Terri and Jerrell got robbed. I also liked Korto's a lot too (especially after Joe helped her edit it with the more fitted waist).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast