+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 8/6 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

FORT Fogey

Re: 8/6 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

I would have put Leanne's shorts and top in the final three bumping Joe. That was fabulous and very current. Though Joe's was on target for the task I thought it was predictable and not a fashion statement. The USA on the side is not necessary and would be very busy translated to hundreds marching together in the opening.

I agreed with Korto winning.

Terri is looking good this season. I like her and to sew that many pieces and finish ahead of the others says a lot.

Though I didn't care for Kelli's dress she is a contender for the win.

Jennifer blew this challenge but I would not have chosen her to go. She has a strong point of view and I would like to see more of her creations.

Suede, Blayne, Stella and Jerrel. I find them all irritating. Unless Blayne tanks we will watch him turn white and hear about it every step of the way. That is the only thing the future holds for this group as far as entertainment.

Last edited by shoepie; 08-07-2008 at 09:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3158081;
    I would have put Leanne's shorts and top in the final three bumping Joe. That was fabulous and very current. Though Joe's was on target for the task I thought it was predictable and not a fashion statement. The USA on the side is not necessary and would be very busy translated to hundreds marching together in the opening.

Terri is looking good this season. I like her and to sew that many pieces and finish ahead of the others says a lot.

Though I didn't care for Kelli's dress she is a contender for the win.
    I agree with all of this, especially the inclusion of Leanne! Joe's was my favorite on paper, but the longer skirt screams poor execution to me. And it was a little obvious, though exactly what they asked for. I just think Terri should have won, i loved everything about the outfit, even tho Korto's pants were amazing.

very nice epi.
    "Man is Elyse [top model] ever thin. Makes me want to go to the gym. Right after I eat my sandwich." - Giz
    "Every time you donít buy CoverGirl cosmetics, Jesus cries" - SnowflakeGirl
    "And I'm also tired of people saying "OMG I'LL NEVER WATCH AGAIINNN". Come on now. ANTM is cocaine and you are the lindsay lohans who crave it" - queenegoist

I'm not going to give my impressions for each fashion...the top was the top and the bottom was the bottom.

However, I do want to give a shout out to Jerrel. Even though he refused to enter the modern world's version of the Olympics or athletic women, his dress was intricate and fascinating. He was so proud of his first hat, and rightfully so. The model should be posed against a sepia background with Humphrey Bogart gazing at her.

MFWalkoff -
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I think the auffed contestant being discussed by Terri during your venture into stalking was Emily. She was Terri's roommate and Terri mentioned last night how much she missed her.

P.S. I still didn't see any surrealism in Jennifer's outfit this week. She keeps mentioning it, but her designs never reflected it. She wanted to stick to her feminine look and she did - stubborness didn't pay off.
    Last edited by PhoneGrrrl; 08-07-2008 at 01:02 PM.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Blayne strangely enough is starting to grow on me. I really liked his one shoulder number last night. I absolutely don't want to hear anymore "girlicious" though. It's dumb and cheap sounding.

Jerrell seems pretty interesting too. No athlete was going to wear his outfit. But it was interesting even with its business.

FAVORITES this challenge
    1. Blayne
    2. Joe
    3. Terri

Terri's had that odd cloth draped around the neck so as to hide the weird tube/boob bubble. I wouldn't see someone pairing a vertical striped blazer with a three colored horizontal big striped tube. But the clothes looks like they were well made. And the sillouette was generally flattering.

Kortos was o.k. I guess I like vests on everyone. So it might look o.k. on the athletes. It also might now though.

I hate this group! They seem to complain about every challenge. "This isn't what I do" or "This isn't what I care about". I understand that people have their interests but most of them took the attitude of "I don't watch sports", "I don't care about this". It's the opening ceremonies not an outfit for track and field! If it's good enough for Ralph Lauren it's good enough for them! They have an opportunity to show how creative they can be and they bitch about it! I don't think that anybody should have won. I can't imagine a muscular, athletic woman wearing ANY of those outfits (with maybe the exception of Joe's). Joe's looked more like something that the gymnastics team would wear before performing, not for the opening ceremonies. They didn't think about who their clients were AT ALL. They just went ahead and made clothes that made no sense for this challenge. ALSO... they're NO FUN to listen to.!!!!! Half of the fun, in past seasons, was listening to the snide remarks. There isn't a Jay, Santino, Jeffery or Christian in the bunch (although some THINK they are). No fun! No laughs! No talent! This season sucks!

I love Terri, but I'm sorry to say that was one ill-fitting tube top. You could see Xavier's boobs pushing out over the top and it looked very uncomfortable. I thought there was too much going on with all the differing stripes. IMO Blayne should've been in the top. I was fine with either Joe or Korto winning.

I think Joe should have won. He was one of the few who followed the USA/athletic look challenge. Leanne deserved to be auf'ed, she just seemed to do what she felt and didn't follow the challenge rules. If Blayne stays it will be fun to see him get paler and paler each week if they don't let him go tanning, but I am not looking forward to him whining about it.

Joe did a USA/ athletic look but it didn't say "Opening Ceremonies". I can say that he AT LEAST he TRIED to work with the challenge. He also tried to come up with an outfit that could be worn by different body types but it wasn't right for the ceremonies. Most of the outfits were laughable. Could you imagine the US athletes walking out in the one with one sleeve or the short round skirt! Joe, Terri and Korto only had the LEAST BAD ones but none of them were real winners. I really did expect the judges to keep them all on stage and say that no one was a winner. I was shocked that the judges seemed to actually like any of them. On a different challenge,yes, but not for this one.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3158266;
    Thanks for the link! Very classy! Didn't see anything like that last night!

+ Reply to Thread