+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Week 3 Creations - "New York at Night" Challenge

Re: Week 3 Creations - "New York at Night" Challenge

Korto and Leanne were my favorites last night, but I'm one for the tailored look. I didn't like the winning dress at all. I thought that tulle was weird on it. Thanks for the pictures, it is nice to see them "up close".
    Friends are those rare people who ask how you are and then wait for the answer. ~Author Unknown

Emily's model is my favorite of the models. I hope she doesn't go next week.

I was surprised Emily left. I was sure Jennifer would leave. She reminds me of moth balls and Eleanor Roosevelt.

There must be something we don't know why they decided to auff Emily. Sorry Emily. I find your outfit wearable. I'm sure you'll do fine. Chin up. Keep it going,.

My top 5 favorite outfits this week in order. I guess I like the solids most over Terri and Kenley's prints. Kenley's small model looked like she was a little choked by that dress.
    1. Jerrell
    2. Daniel
    3. Korto
    4. Terri
    5. Kenley

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

I wanna know what Kelli's was made of...that is the most perplexing fabric choice of the challenge.

FORT Fogey

lobeck, thank you so much for posting the fashions each week. It really enhances the board experience of the show. First of all, we barely get to glimpse the pieces on the show itself and to hunt them down on the main site is something most of us skip and our comments are only from memory. This service you are doing makes for educated comments in the show threads. Thank you!

For me, Kelli deserved the win or at least, top three. I don't care for the winning garment. Not that I don't like bubble skirts, I do, and they are in right now. But the pieces I see are subtle and symetrical!

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3150518;
    Most of these dresses look a lot uglier in the photos than I remember them in the episode.
    Isn't that the truth. Most look much better on the runway. I particularly have noticed that Daniel's clothes do not photograph nearly as well as they look going down the runway although I preferred last weeks dress of his to this week's.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

I am surprised that Jennifer did not go. I hated Emily's garment, but at least she pushed the envelope a little. This season has gotten off on a bad start. Last season was the best. I miss Christian and Jillian
    Cycle 10 Photos of the Week:
    Homeless: Kimberly; Makeover: Lauren; Lingerie: Anya; Meat: Lauren; Paint: Katarzyna; Music: Katarzyna; Water: Anya; Airplane: Lauren; Commercial: Katarzyna; Castle: Anya; Celebrity: Anya; Covergirl: Whitney

Quote Originally Posted by blue valentine;3150651;
    My favorites this week: Kelli (i know its a little much, but at least its interesting) and Leanne.

Blayne's is so hideous its pretty much what Emily did, yet I understand they're keeping Blayne around for the entertainment factor.

The rest of the designs were either boring (Jennifer, Joe) or downright ugly (Keith).
    Hi, BV

Kelli seems to always have an interesting point of view whatever she does. Also agree about Blayne's hideousness and your reasoning as to why he's still around after the diaper and now this week's carnival vomit dress--although his dress last week was interesting. I really don't think Keith's was that bad, though. It showed creativity, had a tremendous amount of detail and had a point of view. It's not particularly wearable but neither was Kenley's this week, imo.

Blayne should have at least been in the bottom 3 with the other two--rather than Keith, imo--even if he's on the 'don't eliminate too early list'. Suede's effort was pretty lame as well and I know Joe has supporters on the board but his stuff looks like cheap prom wear to me (Sorry Joe supporters).

Loved Korto's even though it was too simplistic for a design competition. DKNYish but hotter and fresher. And Leanne and Jerell really surprised me. I hadn't been that impressed w/ them thus far and they may now both be ones to watch. Liked their's and Terri's the best this week along w/ Korto's which I somewhat have to discount for it's simplicity.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

I am surprised that Emily went home. The dress was well made and fit well. The ruffle was a bit off-putting. I think that Jennifer's was poorly made and Blayne's was just so weird. I actually liked Keith's. I think the concept would have worked better as a skirt or a shirt.
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

Kao

I wish the pictures included BOTH front and back views, because some of the designers (Korto, Jerell, Terri) had very intricate things going on in the back that made the garments awesome that you can't tell from the front. :/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast