+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 117

Thread: Your Picks for Final 3

  1. #11
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    337

    Re: Your Picks for Final 3

    Too early....BUT....does anyone else feel real "deja vu" here?? I sure do....been there, done that, seen these "same" characters before. Bravo really must "typecast"

    Every show has the same group....the overly hetro one guy who will let us know at every opportunity that he is "straight"...
    the ditzy/crazy lady, artistic or just loony.....often middle aged
    the requisite "punker" with blue or pink hair and piercings
    the snarky gayest guy
    the uber serious Black woman (with a penchant for African clothes....just imagine if a German American designer decided to make only lederhosen and dirndels LOL)
    a young and earnest girl who just graduated from (hair/culinary/design/fashion) school
    underdog older person who wants a second chance

    these same characters are on every Bravo show....all seasons of PR, TC, the one season of Design which will be coming again and we will see these people again, it is the same on Sheer Genius

    I swear Suede with his little blue hair thingy looks like 7 other reality show contestants that have bored me before LOL

  2. #12
    FORT Fanatic Nativenewyorker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Chatsworth, California
    Posts
    463

    Re: Your Picks for Final 3

    Quote Originally Posted by estygal4;3146642;
    Too early....BUT....does anyone else feel real "deja vu" here?? I sure do....been there, done that, seen these "same" characters before. Bravo really must "typecast"

    Every show has the same group....the overly hetro one guy who will let us know at every opportunity that he is "straight"...
    the ditzy/crazy lady, artistic or just loony.....often middle aged
    the requisite "punker" with blue or pink hair and piercings
    the snarky gayest guy
    the uber serious Black woman (with a penchant for African clothes....just imagine if a German American designer decided to make only lederhosen and dirndels LOL)
    a young and earnest girl who just graduated from (hair/culinary/design/fashion) school
    underdog older person who wants a second chance

    these same characters are on every Bravo show....all seasons of PR, TC, the one season of Design which will be coming again and we will see these people again, it is the same on Sheer Genius

    I swear Suede with his little blue hair thingy looks like 7 other reality show contestants that have bored me before LOL
    I agree with your comments about the sterotyping of the contestants. I don't know if the producers deliberately go for certain types of contestants, as well as looking for pure talent, but it does seem as though many of them fall into the same categories every season.

    I do think they went younger this season. I guess the one hope is that their individual personalities will set them apart.

    I wish they would try to be more inventive with the challenges. Going back to season 1's first challenge did not seem to me to be a particularly brilliant way of starting off this season. Maybe they are running out of ideas. It just seems to have lost some of its freshness. But I want to wait and see a few more shows before I have my final opinion. This group could turn out to be a lot of fun. We may have some surprises with the challenges. I do see some real talent in this group, so I am willing to give this season a chance.

    I also wonder if they pick certain people for the craziness or out there factor, like Blayne and Stella and Suede. Maybe it's a conscious decision on their part. I do remember people on another site complaining at the beginning of last season that they were all boring. There wasn't enough drama and conflict. So maybe we just need to give it a little time to see how it all plays out.

  3. #13
    Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    NC coast
    Posts
    3,452

    Re: Your Picks for Final 3

    Looking for Daniel and Kelli to be in this for the long haul.

    Keith and Terri will be the quiet ones who surprise everyone with their staying power, possibly making it to the final three.

    Either Leeann or Jennifer will show the wild & crazy side she keeps hidden.

    Korto or Stella will exit in a huff (after revealing the name of the dual personality that lives inside them), vowing that they will still be successful and that they really didn't need this show to begin with.

    And either Suede or Blayne will stick around long enough to make at least a few people swear they are never going to watch this show ever again.
    Last edited by Little Sew&Sew; 07-28-2008 at 04:29 PM.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

  4. #14
    For Your Entertainment lobeck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Right here, right now
    Age
    50
    Posts
    14,903

    Re: Your Picks for Final 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew;3146937;
    And either Suede or Blayne will stick around long enough to make at least a few people swear they are never going to watch this show ever again.
    In Blayne's case, that may have already happened...

  5. #15
    FORT Fanatic Nativenewyorker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Chatsworth, California
    Posts
    463

    Re: Your Picks for Final 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew;3146937;
    Looking for Daniel and Kelli to be in this for the long haul.

    Keith and Terri will be the quiet ones who surprise everyone with their staying power, possibly making it to the final three.

    Either Leeann or Jennifer will show the wild & crazy side she keeps hidden.

    Korto or Stella will exit in a huff (after revealing the name of the dual personality that lives inside them), vowing that they will still be successful and that they really didn't need this show to begin with.

    And either Suede or Blayne will stick around long enough to make at least a few people swear they are never going to watch this show ever again.

    I love this post! I also think you have zeroed in on the key players here. I definitely agree that Daniel is in this for the long haul. I would add Kenley to that short list. I am not as sure about Kelli. I did not like her garment last week. But the fun is in seeing who actually does make it long term on the show.

    I completely agree about Keith and Terri. They seem to be under the radar, so to speak. I definitely think one of them could be in this right to the final three. I happen to like what they have done so far. They also don't seem to be nut cases, which is nice as far as I am concerned.

    As for Korto and Stella, I am not sure if Korto has what it takes to stay in a tough competition like this one. If she's crying already at week two, then she is in for a lot of trouble, because it's only going to get a lot tougher. I am singularly unimpressed with both her creations thus far. Stella, on the other hand, has that gruff exterior that may serve her well. But the fact that she only designs in leather and does the rock star thing, may not give her the versatility required to stay in this competition. She seems to have a problem when under pressure and that's not good, either. It will be interesting to see who goes first. I don't think either of them will be in this long term.

    Your last sentence in bold is a great way to sum it up. Yes, unfortunately I do agree that one or the other of these two will likely stay on long past their welcome has worn off. Of the two, I think so far Suede has more talent by far, but I just will not be able to listen to him talk about himself in the third person for weeks to come.

  6. #16
    FORT Newbie smittyboise1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Meridian, ID
    Age
    30
    Posts
    29

    Re: Your Picks for Final 3

    Quote Originally Posted by ManySkills;3143098;
    Okay, maybe it's too early yet, but who do you think will make the finals? You KNOW you have your favorites already


    My picks .....

    1. Kenley
    2. Joe
    3. Kelli
    I couldn't agree more. Kenley is my absolute favorite, and I hope the challenges will start to show us more of what she can create!!!!
    "I'm gonna beat the breaks off that boy!!!!" ........Rampage Jackson confession

  7. #17
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    5,247

    Re: Your Picks for Final 3

    Kelly and Daniel. Don't care for any of the rest that much so far.

  8. #18
    Lux et Veritas chrisg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,643

    Re: Your Picks for Final 3

    It is a little early for a F3 prediction, so I will cop out and go w/ top 3 guys and top 3 women.

    Top 3 women: Kelli, Kenley, Terri
    Top 3 guys: Daniel, Keith, Suede

    Who makes it out of those six will depend upon who can be edgy enough to appeal to Michael and Nina over the next few weeks, IMO.

    What I'm looking forward to is the possibility of Nina no longer being w/ the show when it moves to Lifetime (although she has grown on me personality-wise) so that we can hopefully see greater style diversity in the finalists. I feel like these two have hijacked the show and skewed it to their tastes although I did agree w/ them re: Christian.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

  9. #19
    FORT Fogey jammyjoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,783

    Re: Your Picks for Final 3

    The grocery challenge was dumb to start the show. They should have just done something similar to what they did last season. The audience want to see what these designers can do if given a lot of freedom by not limiting them with what kind of fabrics/materials they can use.

  10. #20
    FORT Regular WickedFan1230's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    142

    Re: Your Picks for Final 3

    I agree that it is still early. I don't even know that I am 100% rooting for anyone yet, but my picks are as follows:

    Daniel - He has a style and vision. I mean, come on, a dress out of cups?! I am still impressed!

    Kenley - I think her designs are really beautiful! I like her personal style and hey she's from Florida! Gotta root for the hometown girl!

    My third pick is tough! I am going to go with

    Korto - I think she shows some promise, although her dress last week (fish tails) :nono will be hard to forget! LOL

    I am sure I will amend these in the next few weeks though. There are still so many designers there and not all of them have been showcased. Looking forward to tonight's show!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.